rF2 Sunday September 20th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Le Mans 2004

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know also. Indeed it's Le Mans the home of these cars.
We had some great races with the mod, can't think what the reason is.

Maybe a new thread with this question?

Few Reason i could possibly Come up with Are.

- Summer's Up and some People were off for some time so could spend more time up on Sunday.

- Got Bored of all the Endurance Racing at such close timing.

- All Racers in RDLMS Practicing for Elkhart Lake Round 1 of RDLMS.

Are we gonna drive with so little people? What happened to everybody and all the full fields we had in the beginning?

If even Le Mans 2004 can't have a full field then i am clueless what to do...
the way i see it is even if you have 40 guys sign up you are still really racing against just another 9 guys in your class, so it is a bit of a let down in that respect. I would split the classes more so maybe one week have a P1 & P2 grid then the week after a GT1 & GT2

the way i see it is even if you have 40 guys sign up you are still really racing against just another 9 guys in your class, so it is a bit of a let down in that respect. I would split the classes more so maybe one week have a P1 & P2 grid then the week after a GT1 & GT2
If you split the Classes Your Taking the Essence out of LeMans Endurance Racing. I would rather drive agenst 9-10 drivers than race without LMP And GT's together.

If Your only talking about adding more spaces to LMP's and taking a couple out of GT's then i wouldnt have a problem as long as theres still enough drivers to race. E.g This Years Lemans 24hr Race only had 6! LMGT1 Cars Racing.

That kind of destroys the ethos of Le Mans series racing. At least the multi-class grid means everyone can enter in the car they prefer. Failing that people who don't like the prototypes would only turn up for the GT races and the grids would be smaller.

-Edit- Damn it James stop reading what I'm typing and posting before me. :)

I think we should still go ahead with this event, there are currently 17 sign ups and we might have a few more by tomorrow, I know it isnt many but still offers good practice for those of us who are serious about it, maybe some practice races for the league is the answer and make it mandatory if you are signed up for the league, some league signups seem to have made a few posts and have dissapeared for whatever reason, lets hope they remember where we are when the league starts.

That kind of destroys the ethos of Le Mans series racing. At least the multi-class grid means everyone can enter in the car they prefer. Failing that people who don't like the prototypes would only turn up for the GT races and the grids would be smaller.

-Edit- Damn it James stop reading what I'm typing and posting before me. :)

I'm getting good at it. :D

Edit: Oh there should be another criteria to fill which is Must do certain Amount of Races in RD Prior.

If you split the Classes Your Taking the Essence out of LeMans Endurance Racing. I would rather drive agenst 9-10 drivers than race without LMP And GT's together.

If Your only talking about adding more spaces to LMP's and taking a couple out of GT's then i wouldnt have a problem as long as theres still enough drivers to race. E.g This Years Lemans 24hr Race only had 6! LMGT1 Cars Racing.

don't get me wrong i love multi class raceing but it has to be with a good sized grid and i have maybe got it wrong here but what are these events for? i guess it depends on what you are trying to do, emulate the real event, run these events like a prelude to the planned endurance league or just have fun club nights racing, i guess there are arguments for all sides and by the looks of it then the 4x 10 grid aint floating a lot of boats right now.

Haha needed 10 laps to remember the chicanes on the straights. To much Le Mans 77 for me. :D

Hope more people will join. Whats more epic then race in the night at this circuit?

Edit: I saw that in the server the damage 50% is. :)

Hey chaps, if there is a possibility of postponing this, damn i would be grateful, im struggling to get our hot water back on after turning it off to fit a new sink, so far 6 hours and counting, 2 values removed and wd40 is slowly filling my head...
I really hope i can get this back on! Cold water is fine....!

Uhh what happened in the end guys?
Not so much Ivo. I think Daniel won.
Grats to him.
Night driving is really difficult...
At least I completed so I should know Le Mans pretty well by now.
I hope we'll see more events there because the track is truely made for prototypes. The track was a little empty with only 7 finishing (I know you all had valid causes for not finishing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back