RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just going to post my Sorry to the driver I broadsided trying to get to pit lane lap1 race2.

Thougt I was clear and had ro serve another friggin stop n go for flying over the hill and "cutting the track".

laways got tangled up with guys and forced outside to avoid them and over the damn hill I go again.

Thanks for hosting Yves it was an awesome track like I remember and the 87 cars are always fun!

No problem Eric. I survived just to solo crash and then wonder where all my fuel had gone... 30l to 11l in 3 laps

I think this is one of the only maps where I can finish in the points when I'm 3-4 secs off the pace.
In race 1 I was a bit short on fuel but still managed to keep Yves behind me with 0.9l left :p.
Muahahahaha

Disappointed with race 2: got to the grid and there was no-one else there! Hence i retired. Race 1 was more eventful than usual for me. Made a poor start, slid wide at T1, rejoined 16th, fought my way up to 7th at the end with a couple of good battles. Apologies to Rob who i tapped while switching back on the last turn. To be honest i wasn't sure if i'd made contact but i decided to let him pass on the straight, so i lifted off a couple of times and tapped the brake but i guess you didn't realise this and kept racing. (looking at the replay i must say it was a good save)
Thanks to dennis for a terrific piece of bump-drafting!
All in all, a really good track with good cars to complement it!

evanscock.jpg

For our dearest Buxton.

A Michael Hermy setup came to my rescue for a front row start beside Yves,i got good start and Yves had a stinker so instant lead from the lights and pushed my luck a bit the first couple of laps to break away and it worked a bit,it was a gradual creep away each lap to the finish,much enjoy :).
Race2 i got dusted off the line by Dariusz but kept close and got back in front when he went wide to the dusty edge a bit,i started to pull away again but Dariusz started pushing harder and closed in again,to start the final lap he got a draft run out the final turn and swished past my outside to take the lead at T1 in fine style,then down to T2 i saw him going too hot in and ran off on the exit giving me lead back with a 2.2secs cushion now to the finish :D,excellent racing and a high drama finale' :good:.

{Rather odd scary times coming out of the second to last turn approaching final turn when suddenly a little convoy of cars starts to emerge out of the bushes up to the left and proceed to spear across the track as im arriving there....how the?...what the?...who the?... :p }

Many Thanks Yves and RD :good:.

{Rather odd scary times coming out of the second to last turn approaching final turn when suddenly a little convoy of cars starts to emerge out of the bushes up to the left and proceed to spear across the track as im arriving there....how the?...what the?...who the?... :p }

Many Thanks Yves and RD :good:.[/QUOTE]

Didn't ou get the notice? this was a dual event!

Wtcc 87 and Baja 1000! Cmon man read the brochure.............:sarcastic:

I was one of the guys who seemd to constantly find the BAJA waaaay more exciting than tarmac racing. Or at least this is my excuse!

Thanks to Yves and RD for this event.
I haven't played in the "sandbox" in a long time.

I don't have too much to elaborate on. R1 I started in P17 and watched all the cars slide off the track till I was P5 on L7. After shaking the sand out of their booties some of those drivers caught up with me and at the end I was P9.

R2 I was last thru turn oneand as drivers sought to find traction in sand rather than asphalt[as bad as it id there] Once again I ended up P6 on L3. On L7 I saw that I tapped Michal off the track but didn't stop. Michal. I didn' t know you ended up off or I would have stopped. He caught me on the last lap however as I was looking for him in the rearview mirror, caught the left side in the sand and wandered off to the bushes to end up P6.

Even without chicanes it's interesting that Eric had to CUT the lightbulb during the race. I had done it in offline practice and was wondering if anyone else would do it. Congrat's Eric!

Congrat as again to the winners, I see they were running in the 1:30.xxx's and such!

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Lee Russell
  3. Lewis Fergusson
  4. Sebastien Levret -SKIN-
  5. Piotrek Blaszczak
  6. Dean Tew
  7. Jamie Rushworth -SKIN-
  8. Andrius Sliumba -SKIN-
  9. Chris Sykes
  10. Piotr Misiorek
  11. Driver