RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

woke up at 09:30 for a relaxing day on ze track.. but oh no. Nisse and Keith would make sure i had none of that!

race 1 got off to a good start then all the shizzle happening at T3, i ended up inside a chevy.. (not quite sure how, but there we go)

was chasing Nisse for most of the race then finally got past him.. we were mostly a second within eachother for the remainder.. tyres were totally shot and Nisse started to close the gap even more, but managed to hold on. good race mate :good:

race 2 was pretty much the same, got a terrible start, i was using the H shifter for the first time and managed to put it back into first instead of 3rd off the line :lol:

then started the racing with Dave and co... Keith was a right bugger to catch but got there in the end, tyres were no where to be found again and it was a drag to the line..

thanks buxom for setting up and everyone who came out to play on this wonderful sunday day :becky: :good:

well first big apologies for the incident in race 1. was talking on TS and missed my normal braking point by 1/2 a building (a whole building if i include my normal safe lap 1 point). i feel totally out of character for myself and gutted i ruined a lot of guys races. any incident reports fully justified. i tried to race on a bit but with the damage and my guilt i decided to drop back to pits and watch the race unfold.

race2. nearer the back (with TS muted) and took a more cautious approach to the first few turns. profited by philips unfortunate incident (long time since i've seen the wheels and bonnet ripped off the model!). spent 5 laps conserving tyres after watching all the sliding going on on first race. this paid dividends, although i needed another lap really. was getting some hassle from Rob for a few laps and when he got a tow 2/3 laps from the end i had to let him go. was able to stick pretty close and grip was deffo to my advantage - just no where to over take round here. Melco i was good but no over take there i had to rely on tow and over take to t3 - but ran out of laps.

again, big apologies for t3 incident on l1 race 1. in 18months racing here thats my first i can recall. still gutted.

thanks for race though and cya next weekend... now off to watch the recording of the real thing!

I would love to join in guys, this will be my very first race with you on the server and I am a beginner so will be a little rusty but I like clean races. I know what the outcome of the race will be at least for me ;), but as long as I have fun and learn from some of the better drivers it should be a great time. I guess for me being in Canada, that would mean 8:00pm Toronto time?

Please sign me up and see you on the track.

Karim.

Sorry for mess and it's a chance please remove me from RD.I'm to weak for this.
Once again sorry and thx for everything.

Now now now...no more of this talk please m8,its Macau for gawds sake :D,its meant to be full of fireworks :p ,you didnt intend any bad to anyone,thats the main thing "no intent" and i hear from a good source my tangle with you was a racing incident so i accept that :good:.

@ Phil Lols m8,you managed to find a "jutty-out-bit" eh? :p ,there are plenty more round Macau too,i think ive found all of them at some point over the many races there :D.

update:

race 1, qualied 3rd, best ever to date, think I might be getting the hang of this? poor start and lost 2 maybe even 3 places. It turned out to be just the thing thou as T2 incident left me in 2nd. Didn't last for long thou as Henrik and Rob G passed me. Settled down and started to catch Nisse and lap 9 was snith tasting his exhust fumes by T2. went into T3 and upto T4 trying to look for an opportunity to pass when lost it coming out of T5 and caught the armcove and wrote the car of. :th_blush::th_blush::th_blush:

race 2, starting from 10th made a slighty better start but still managed to lose a place. Then once more incident at T1 let me into 4th place. Then got 3rd a couple of laps later when Rhys had a problem and set after Nisse in 2nd. Was catching him but pushed it a bit to hard and spun. Now lap 9 so decided to drive it home and finished 3rd. Another first for me. :bang::bang::bang:

Once again, thx guys for a eventful race and Mr Buxxo for staging the event. See ya next week.

Sorry for mess and it's a chance please remove me from RD.I'm to weak for this.
Once again sorry and thx for everything.

I'm with Philip and Gary on this m8. with out racing the guys online you won't get better. It's by racing them you find out how to. Everyone make mistakes and as Gary said, "this is Macau" not an easy place at the best of times and loves chewing up cars. Look at the carnage in the real WTCC this weekend and those guys are pros.

Stick with it Piotrek and I can asure u u will get better.

Welcome Karim, for you the event its starting at 3 PM.

I would love to join in guys, this will be my very first race with you on the server and I am a beginner so will be a little rusty but I like clean races. I know what the outcome of the race will be at least for me ;), but as long as I have fun and learn from some of the better drivers it should be a great time. I guess for me being in Canada, that would mean 8:00pm Toronto time?

Please sign me up and see you on the track.

Karim.

Yeah.I racing here over two years and never be on podium.I finish the race on 8 , 9 , 10 , etc... .I lost 3 , 4 second to leader.Maybe i try one more.

When you are up front, I guess you are doing a lonely race, so I really pitty Henrik for being that alien fast :D.

But we had last week a very good battle and today I was just a little bit unfortune (race report in a bit), but for race 1 we were close again, so I was looking forward to that again.

For me it does not matter for which position I am fighting, even if it is between 24 and 25, as long as there is a good and fair battle, that why I am doing this!

Qualy was ok, did a 2:33.7xy (if I am not mistake).

Race1: Started 7, start was ok, but got caught by Keith accident. No big damage, just could not pass and had everybody to let go. Then I was fighting with my clutch (am on manual clutch) and stalled the car a couple of time, guess I should map the ignition on a key for this. Was actually catching up again, until in lap 5 I hit the wall in Mandarin, got some damages, but as I anyway was planning for a pit stop (!) decided to take it in lap 5. Unfortunately I did not know that there is also an easy pit entry , so kept trying to get in after the right hander, hit the wall again the clutch problem. The pit stop took very long because of that. Manage to reduce the gap to David rapidly, but not fast enough. Finished 6th.

Race2: Start was ok again, but got irritated by an accident after Mandarin and missed my brake point for the right hander at the end of the straight, did not hit the wall, but had to go backwards. In lap 3 I was chasing Dave after Mandarin and missed again my brake point :(. Same again. In lap 4 I got distracted by my wife, hit the wall after Mandarin and hit the wall, puncture. But managed to continue, fortunately I had Mark seen before going to the pit lane so, now I knew the correct pit entry :). Finsihed 7th, would have need one more lap, may then I would have got Mark :).

Not a very good race for me, though I am enjoying Macau more than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%