Track: Puebla 08
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Special note
you need Race On to enter that event and that you can choose the car of your choice in the US Mucle club class

Yves Larose

10000RPM
May 28, 2008
Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Michael Herrmann
  3. Robert Hutchins
  4. Warren Dawes
  5. Paulo Ribeiro
  6. Lee Downham (maybe)
  7. Karim Amanali
  8. Amir Margalit (maybe)
  9. Gary Lennon -SKIN-
  10. John Sydenstricker (maybe)
  11. Chris Sykes
  12. Freddie Besems
  13. Jay Adgie
  14. Martijn van Bommel
  15. Martin Kraaijenbrink
  16. Dan Watson
  17. Dario Jagar
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bob Hutchins

1000RPM
May 21, 2008
Now I have got Race On better make good use of it. Never raced these before and never been to Puebla.

Yves, pls sign me up matey.

Feb 17, 2008
Warren if you make this ol'american sheet metal soft it runs like a charm arb's soft, springs soft, easy damper settings :)

Lee Downham

1000RPM
Jun 16, 2008
If I can make it and my electricity supply behaves itself tonight, I will give this one a shot mate (no electric for most of last night :rolleyes:)

EDIT: Warren/other Muscle virgins: Yves has posted a few setups in the setups area - maybe try them first and adapt em to your likings ... will try to post any setups I have later but generally they are not to ppls liking (and I seem to makes em more Tokyo drifter stylee than race cars :D)

Warren Dawes

10000RPM
Premium
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks Lee and Michael. Yves has already kindly given me some tips on how to drive these brutes, the big test will be seeing how much of it I can put into practice.
Only one way to learn though, gotta give it a go. :lever:

Lee Downham

1000RPM
Jun 16, 2008
This is sommat I posted a while back for another one of these events - might help you and other "virgins" get accustomed to em a bit quicker :th_wink:

... a few tips from what I sussed so far driving these things:

• Get off the gas/throttle sooner and leave more braking distance than with other cars
  • Don't downshift too early/hard, you will lock the rear up too much and spin out, although trail braking will help stop these beasties (GPL stylee)
  • Finish braking early, then let the car settle momentarily before trying to turn in
  • On corner entry the cars understeer, so most corners require a bit of a flick to get the cars to turn in (and they will not wanna turn in if you are still braking)
  • Slightly sideways is "normal" ... once turned in you need to oversteer these babies with the throttle and rear wheels to get them to turn and exit a corner faster.
  • Use the torque not high RPM's ... try running things one gear up from where you feel you would normally run (eg 2nd not 1st)

Oct 29, 2009
I would love to join in guys, this will be my very first race with you on the server and I am a beginner so will be a little rusty but I like clean races. I know what the outcome of the race will be at least for me ;), but as long as I have fun and learn from some of the better drivers it should be a great time. I guess for me being in Canada, that would mean 8:00pm Toronto time?

Please sign me up and see you on the track.

Karim.

Yves Larose

10000RPM
May 28, 2008
Welcome Karim, for you the event its starting at 3 PM.

I would love to join in guys, this will be my very first race with you on the server and I am a beginner so will be a little rusty but I like clean races. I know what the outcome of the race will be at least for me ;), but as long as I have fun and learn from some of the better drivers it should be a great time. I guess for me being in Canada, that would mean 8:00pm Toronto time?

Please sign me up and see you on the track.

Karim.

Status
Not open for further replies.