Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Q: 2nd
R: 4th

Uninspiring pace and poor strategy dropped me to P3. Was on for 2nd after pens but managed to get an extra penalty in the final sector of the last lap to drop me to 4th and give the No.1 Haas driver P2 - my genius knows no bounds.

Nice that the top 4 were nose to tail all race long. Can expect to add the likes of Josh, Ollie, Dawid, Will, Mitchell and Sjors into the equation in future races so it could get tasty.

Nice to be back racing against Connor and Josh who I haven't really raced since the AOR days nearly 3 years ago.

Q: P10. A small bottle as I binned it out of the penultimate corner on my final run when I was a couple of tenths up. Don't think it would have made a massive difference though considering the gaps to people above.

R: P6. It's like I have never been away. I got overtaken 7 times, didn't make a single overtake and I finished four places higher than my grid spot. I think pitting under the SC was the right call, but it did make for some sketchy laps at the end when a puncture seemed inevitable. Good to be back in RD and see you all in Bahrain :thumbsup:

Q: P3, was quite happy but a bit mad that I missed out by 0.014s on pole lol. Close gaps show how tight it will be throughout the season so that's a plus.

R: P7, quali merchant is the best term to use here. Got a grandad start, lit up my tyres, then got jumped by Ben and Connor in the 1st stint, bottled the strat and went H instead of M, on track finished 6th just behind Josh but 7th with pens.

As Shellay said, next few races should be exciting with a few of us hopefully being closer to the front :)

Quali: P17
A couple of tenths off what I did in practice so wouldn't have been much higher

Race: P13
Got damage at T1 so had to pit, played it safe with the strategy but don't think I'd have had points even if I took hards to the end from the SC. On the bright side I got it to the end.

Congrats to Alex on the win and well done to Ben and Connor on the podium

1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?

Honestly about a 9/10. Possibly could've achieved more had I been more aggressive, particularly with strategy, but playing it safe was the full game plan. It brought me a much stronger result than I'd have ever hoped so can't complain whatsoever.

2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?

Much better than Australia, pace wise. Feel very comfortable with Bahrain on this game compared to the last. With a good race there's no reason I can't win as far as I'm concerned, but a lot different variables in a race at Bahrain than at Australia so it could go one way or the other. At the least I'd expect myself to be in the mix for the podium again.

3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?

Probably the penultimate corner and the few before. A bit of a nothing section of track, could do with being a bit higher speed with the higher downforce cars now, too easily flat.

4. Who would you have put in the Racing Point this weekend?

Man like BB

Australian GP Results
1. Cian Geraghty - 12
2. Dawid Wiśniewski - 9
3. Connor Mcdonagh - 9
4. Hasnain Aslam - 5
= Jake Taylor - 5
6. Daniel Newcombe - 2
= Michael Fleming - 2
8. Alex Gerasimenko - 1
= Martijn Boontje - 1
10. Luke Cage - 1
11. Ben Goldie - 0

Quite the mixed bag for our predictors with our Reigning Champion Ben scoring a blank. At the other end of the spectrum, its Cian taking the early lead with Dawid and Connor following close behind.

Here's how everyone predicted:
Predictions R1.png

Total Wins
1. Cian Geraghty - 1

1. 8/10, did everything i had to but i feel that there is quite a bit of pace to be unlocked still, especially in quali i was very lucky to get away with Pole

2. Well doing the same would be ideal, with this Handling model Bahrain and especially China should be good tracks for me so i hope to at least fight for a Podium again. I think a few others will be relatively Better then me in Bahrain tho

3. run the goated 2010 layout lmao

4. Hülkenberg was the right choice, other then that Will "the lad" Stevens

Hey all, if you fancy a bit of racing at the end of the weekend on Xbox and F1 2020 I'd recommend F1XL. Raced in it for a few seasons with a good standard, commentary on the higher leagues weekly review show for all leagues on twitch. Team structure offering support and community chat for those that would like it.

Signups close this week for season 16, so don't hang about if you fancy it. All levels welcome.

1. 8/10 didn't do an awful lot wrong other than cutting T11 on the last lap.

2. Trash at Bahrain since F1 2018 so will be further off the pace than usual I imagine. Track feels like an ice rink.

3. I like it as is tbh. Would maybe get rid of T2 + 3 and just bring the track gradually over to the left towards T4 to keep a tight T1.

4. Can't think of anyone better than Hulk

5/10 - not great but I've had worse races.
I usually go better at Bahrain but I don't think I'll do too much better than Melbourne. Just going to try and stay within reach of the pack and hope for some luck.
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change
and how?

Track is fine as is but maybe move T8 further away from T7 to make the straights before and after it slightly longer.
If I could pick anyone I'd say Felix Rosenqvist but realistically Hulkenberg was the best choice available.

7/10, poor qualifying but pulled off a good strategy to get to the end of the race and finish in the points.

Hopefully better than the last. Bahrain is very competitive so I’m expecting a lot of battles (or drs trains).

Alter the final sector, make it slightly more challenging and rewarding for the pit straight.

Hulk but it didn’t matter in the end anyway.

I think this sums it up quite well.

7oQA.gif

Can't really be any worse... can it?

T1 to be less of a hairpin, while opening out T1,2 & 3... and I'd give T13 some banking. It'd make that corner so much better.

Well Hulk is always an option, obviously... but other than him, I dunno. One of the F2 lot maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back