RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Theo Loonstra

ok 1:05.xxx for the aliens and for us mortal humans 1:06.xxx and low 1:07's I guess?
Haven't driven the track yet.
Gonna have a go at it in a moment.

I'll be joining Yves on team Bastos with his Bastos Leon. :)
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=483
seat%20bastos_Z90.jpg

EDIT: went and ran a few pracitce laps with 6 laps fuel and tire wear on - 106.252 but times are always a little slower in online practice as the grip seems to go bye bye online. It is better in Qualy. :) See you all tomorrow.

• Bert Van Waes

Race Report:

Heat 1:

In practice i had it difficult to learn the car throwing through corners but after Yves showed us how things should be done it seemed that my setup was quite alright.

And in qualification that showed with a 7th time on the starting grid. I was pleased, because i was going around with this car as a rookie. Maybe the fact that i still knew Interlagos from the GP days helped me out eh...

I put myself on the grid and i see i start on the clean line. A good thing, i thought...Ready to be on the good side for the first turn. As it turns out this wasn't a helping hand at all.
I had a great start but others didn't. And those were with a whole bunch, creating a chain effect to be precisely. I managed not being to fast in the choice, kept my head cool and choose the middle way. Good choice, because they all flew towards the barriers left and right.

racesteam20090519193457.jpg

In 4th position i duck into the first corner, together with Bob M.
He had the inside but took it easy in there, i could sneak on through passing on the outside and off we were to the next straight, me in 3rd now. Some massive thrills from the get go, wow!

racesteam20090519193201.jpg

The space between me and Bob is for the whole first lap 0.3 secs to 0.6, and that's all... The ones in front are not far away either. They manage to create some space between themselves too and we go through the second lap in the same order up front. Tight racing going on here...

racesteam20090519194738.jpg

On lap 3 i made a little error in the slow twisty section and Bob was there right on my tail.

racesteam20090519195433.jpg

I managed to keep the beast on the circuit though and in the front off Bob. After another lap the gap even was a bit bigger again but yes, i made a small error somewhere, and yet again he was back, haha.
He couldn't take full advantage off my mistake though and i kept the 3rd position.

racesteam20090519195927.jpg

But yes, after every story comes an end and this one had it prepared already, it seems.
In lap 6 the pressure was too much and i misshift heel/toed into the 90° lefthander before the straith start/finish. he got me!

racesteam20090519200249.jpg

And using his momentum Jeff Collins also came just infront of me whilst hammering down butt to nose on the straight. i settled myself there and tried to slipstream. With succes on the other straight where i could overtake him on the inside.

racesteam20090519200549.jpg

He got me back after some great laps of racing together. Back on fourth with 2 laps to go i decided to again be risky and go for the slipstream. A couple of turns later it was too risky and i snapped him on the left rear flank... I halted and let him go by again. Sorry there Jeff mate!

By this time i settled myself happy with 4th pos. and felled good with it.
But the last turn did it again, with Jeff suddenly swerving to the inside 20 meters in front off me, slipping and falling away. Apparently, he had fallen without gas. At least, that's what he told me in the pit after the race. So i took back third, without a fight though...
Anyway, i finished in 3rd:rotfl: Woot, first podium on RD, Yupla.

racesteam20090519201645.jpg

I thank you all and you, Yves, and RD, and...:woot2:
I can assure you i will be here for every camaro race. This car seems to suit me well.
Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years