RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualy: got third place on the grid and was happy with it since ovals are not my favorite kind of track.

Race 1: didn't get a good start and i think i lost a few places but i gain them back and more a few laps later with a little help from the guy's infront spinning or crashing. then i was running behind Keith but couldn't keep up with him and he pulled a gap. i had a little fight for second place with Pierre but i think he went into the wall so i was able to pull a gap. then it became a lonely race until i noticed i was first ( don't know what happenned to Keith ) but he came back at me very fast and we start fighting but he tried to pass me at turn 3 and he hit me and we both spun but i got lucky and the car came back in the right way almost by itself so i didn,t loose any places and i finished the race in first place.

Race 2: was starting 8th and again not a so good start and at T1 someone tried to pass me on the inside and gently slide into me making me hit someone that was on the outside and i spun putting me last. a few laps later i was back to 6th place, then 5th and then had a nice battle with Peter for 4th and passed him. i then starting to fight with Sean for third place and at one time he touched me while trying to pass me, no arms done and i lost a second to Peter. while fighting again with Peter for what i thought was for second place it turned out it was for first place. i finally passed him again and while trying to get back at me he spun. suddenly Keith was all over my rear bumper but a few laps before the end he spun all by himself letting me with a gap in forst place where i finished.

Comments for Eric:
  • i'm not a fan of oval tracks but i don,t mind running them once in a while. good way to learn how to control understeer or oversteer.
  • about the Mustang mod well they are not bad but they are not even making my top favorite car in the game but once again i don,t mind running them once in a while

Race 2: was starting 8th and again not a so good start and at T1 someone tried to pass me on the inside and gently slide into me making me hit someone that was on the outside and i spun putting me last. a few laps later i was back to 6th place, then 5th and then had a nice battle with Peter for 4th and passed him. i then starting to fight with Sean for third place and at one time he touched me while trying to pass me, no arms done and i lost a second to Peter. while fighting again with Peter for what i thought was for second place it turned out it was for first place. i finally passed him again and while trying to get back at me he spun. suddenly Keith was all over my rear bumper but a few laps before the end he spun all by himself letting me with a gap in forst place where i finished.

Going into T3 on the last lap I was inside u and was pretty much by before the apex, but the bump launched my rear end 3 ft in the air, when I landed I spun.

Was a good race tho. Good results for not liking ovals :)

Guys, you all know how much I am looking forward to this. Wether I'll be on the grid on Sat is still unknown. Our baby hasn't arrived yet. Maybe he or she is a keen racer and wants to have his/her own race to be delivered. :)

I'll keep you posted guys if I cant make this. I'll be sad to miss the race but happy to have our 2nd child.

Abdul

Abdul congrats man. Best wishes to you, your wife, and the bundle of joy from your Canadian racing buddy.

Never comfortable with this car at all. No matter how slow or how much lock I put on, the damn thing wouldn't turn. Even with a loose back end there was still no slide (that'll teach me to softed the outside rear too much). Until the straights of course.

Qualified 13th which is not bad since having just made it into the 37's quickest laps to date. I found that only on the first hotlap dos I get any control over the car at all.

Race 1
Started well with a short shift off the line into 2nd (these cars are mega torquey [made up word!!]) picked up a few places only to be too late on the brakes and slide round T1 to be collected by a couple of the drivers behind me. Finished dead last but 1 after the carnage with no rear wing. Now it's loose. Managed to keep it on the straight and narrow down the back straight. Then fell victim to the bump the nose dived into the tarmac to have me flying end over end. finishing just past the pit Lane entrance as everyone was coming past me on lap 2. Pitted and replaced the rear win, down another 2 laps and came back out figuring that a finish would be good. Laps were down in the 40's as I'd no front down force and cornering was very slow. Even less chance of the back end getting loose. Between that and trying to stay out of everyone's way I finished 10th over all. given the state of the car I was reasonable happy with that. Finished in the pits as there was only nylon left on the front right and went in to change it.

Race 2 started 10th and gained a couple (same short shift to 2nd trick) of places as I passed Yves going sideways on T2. Unfortunately I decided that the infield needed a bit of a trim and in true nascar styleee slid across the track to hit the wall and finish up backward in the infield. Knew I had aero damage bu didn't know I had a puncture so figured, same as last time decided to just finish the race. As quickly realised that I'd had a puncture when I brought up the pit options but too late. Put the punctured wheel into "Keith's Pit of Despair" halfway down the back straight.

Maybe it was the combination of both the oval and the limited setup on the mustang but I really struggled with this one.

The 'Stangs will be great on a flowing road course.

@Keith

What about the Caterhams on the oval (don't forget the Curtiba oval which will be a different challenge).

ps Flying 'stang video to follow tonight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3q1FNIX2hw[/ame]

pps hope for a better time with the S2000's on Friday.

Very nice review Rhys!!! thx!

I doubt i'm able to take part in this event, but i like the cars very much. So i did a little test today just to see how fast i am compared to the community.

My PB with qualy setup is so far a 1:36:0xx. Do you like to post your times too?

I've made well in race 1 finishing 2nd with no incident at all, just managing the track but damm race 2 was a disaster for me, i started pretty fast as i usually do, had to brake hard to avoid contact in t1 then i was touched from behing and lost control of the car (sorry to people who was behind me at this time) then little further i've got sqeeze between the wall and and car (i think it was Willie) and flipped over ending ws big damages on the car so i left the server (sorry about that).
Was great fun, thanks Eric and RD for the event

That was fun while it lasted.:)

Someone hit me coming out of T1 on lap 3 and I ended up with an upside down crash down the back straight. Hope the audience was entertained, because it sure was interesting from the inside.:) Then while waiting for the end of race 1 evo did a "crash to desktop" and that was the end of the evening.

This was the first time I've ever had a CTD with evo. The only thing different between today and yesterday is that yesterday I installed DTM 2007 and Barcelona. Don't know if there's a correlation, but it is an interesting coincidence...

This was my first time on an oval and it was a blast. Wouldn't mind trying that again sometime. Hint, hint...:)

The Mustangs were pretty fun as well and it wouldn't mind trying them out on a road course sometime.

Thanks for setting things up Eric.:thumb:

That may have been me. I had one spot where I slid and when I corrected the Mustang reached into its bag of grip holding and pulled its surplus out. Ended up gripping like crazy hard right into the wall leaving me sideways on the track. I then got t-boned by the field. My bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%