RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Very bad race for me!

I did managed a low 1;48 offline...online (qual) a get a 1;492
So i started from place 14 (uche-uche) Man, you guys are very fast !!

Then the light goes green, and my car makes a lot of wheel spin....owboy..one of those days...this is not my day!

Okay finally i get into the first corner, and yes ~ i am a lucky guy ~ there stands a car on 'my' driving line....still ?!? (Damn, it must be forbidden) So my car loses his front and my suspension is going to the moon...

Well i decided to make at least 14 rounds and than i came in for fixing the car.
I only changes the front tires, but that was i bad idea...the back was more important..so i go sliding all the way and finished @ place 8. Not bad with this damage.

C ' U next time on the track

Before I do a brief race report I need to make an apology to Rob Goldthorpe.

Whilst following behind Fernando de Almeida and Rob we were having a good clean battle. Giving each other room when passing etc. I don't remember which lap this was, but as we were heading down to the right hander before the pit entrance I was behind Fernando and began to brake at my usual point. When I shifted down from 5th to 4th the engine raced (I'm guessing I've shifted too early) and the car accelerated toward the back of Fernando's car. I swerved to avoid him and the car continued to push even though I had the brakes on hard and downshifting. I attempted to aim between Fernando and Rob's cars and up the run off area, but there wasn't room or time and I rammed into the back of Rob's car and also forced Fernando to run onto the run off in avoidance. I'm so very sorry Rob that I hit you. If I'd reacted quickly enough I may have been able to swerve the other way and gone off without bringing anyone else into it, but I got caught out. I waited to see if you'd rejoin, but you were obviously a bit pissed off and left. Hopefully if anyone see's the replay from my onboard camera you'll see that there was no intent what so ever to even make a pass let alone cause an accident. I'm sure most people who race me regularly know that I'll normally back out of a pass if I think it's not safe rather than run someone off the road.

So again my apologies to Rob and Fernando for the incident.

Qualified 6th and was pretty pleased with that and I didn't feel I could get anymore from the Alfa, which to be honest I didn't really like driving. Should of chosen the Beemer:).

As for my race it was pretty good. Made a couple of time consuming mistakes during it including following one guy off the track whilst wondering what he was doing!! This meant that once I was running 2nd I was a good 20 seconds behind Rickard. Not that I think I would of been quick enough to of done anything about him as he was very fast around here. I got passed Bob Miley during our pitstops as I assume he was either on Auto pit or having repairs. So a pretty good result considering a made a few mistakes and of course that already mentioned incident.

So my third P2 in a row.:) Although I'm well aware that some quicker guys didn't get to finish like Bram (sorry to hear your troubles).

Looking forward to Cadwell Park 2moro night:dance2:. A BMW is will be my ride for that one.

I think the race will be tougher on you if you don't drive a loose car. The right front will get punished much more if you don't slide the car. I saw only a .5-.6 second drop in lap times around the 15 lap mark.

If you make 2 stops your dead I believe.

lapping in the 38's wil lmean that a car lapping 1 second quicker won't lap me by the end. now if he has to pit just once, well now we got us a race! if he pits twice, well now he probably won't win or finish that high up the order either.

what you guys think?

Actually from what ive seen, the looser the car is at this track the hotter the outside tires get. The hard part is finding the grip without turning the car into a stone.

Race will be fun as pit strategy will be a big factor. Also overtaking will be tough. Im really looking forward to this race.

Abdul no probs buddy, Im the first to say how mad loose my setups are :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back