RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What a race. :) Incredible. Tanks to Eric (you are the man) for this enduro event :X. I am sad to say that in first 3 laps i was the unlukiest guy on the race. I first lpa,i was on first place in my GT Sport Class,but in the last corner of the first lap i was breaking too late and hit the wall....the reazults was AERODINAMIC PROBLEMS and Puncture on right front.So,i went to the pits very quckli because the accident was near the pits and change the front bumper but forgot about the wheel.So i had to do another lap with the puncture on the slick,then go againt into the pits and change the slick.And many many accidents only because of my emotions i think because it was my first event at Race Department :X and in GTR Online. So....Good Job everyone. Thanks again ERIC.

Quali:

Knowing well that time was very limited, I went out as soon as the session started. Despite putting in a absolutely horrible hot lap, I managed to snag 2nd place in the GTS class right behind Herrmann. I was very happy with this.

Race:

I got a horrible start with loads of wheel spin off the line, which allowed Peter to slip through on the inside before T1. The first three laps saw Peter, Tyler, Chris and myself battling it out. I felt I had more pace and eventually I managed to sneak past Peter down the back straight. Unfortunately I had a short laps of concentration a few km's later and I missed my braking point putting me into the wall, losing my front splitter and collecting suspension damage. After this the car never really felt right again and as a result I made several mistakes throughout the race. I think I about 10 laps or so total without a front splitter. Spent the majority of the race alone after the my first crash and really didn't get caught up any battles after that. I finished 4th in GTS with miles between me and those infront and behind me. I am happy to have finished the race, especially after the failed start at Paul Ricard. Still, I have this feeling deep down in my gutt telling me, I could have done better.

Regardless, this was a great event and some really clean driving by all that participated.

Thanks to Eric for putting this great event together. Hope all enjoyed the broadcast.

Can't wait for the next one. :)

Absolute sparkiling little gem of a track!!!,so easy to get in the flow of it and the Viper CC was a treat to drive round it as im sure many other cars would be *cough* Caterhams *cough* :p.

Many Thanks Andrew y' RD !! :good:

Im sure the SLC numbers will be back up again next week!!

Cool race with cool guys :p

Andrew you know you had no front bumper in the middle of 1st race?

It was quite a hard track because it was very narrow and had weird half second brake points.

1st race:
After accidentally pushing Rob in first corner (SORRY!) there was a huge pile-up in the sandbox with some of the best drivers.
That left a hole in front me and I was in front of Bob in the beginning of race driving pretty fast but then I had a run off, Bob slipped past and I was behind him till he caught Neil and then ran off the track. Then Bob and I switched places as we both ran off a couple times.
After almost finishing in the first race (ran out of fuel on last lap) and almost matching the pace in the beginning (1:05:2), I had a hard time getting in the groove in the second race.
After ending in the sandbox multiple times I thought sod this and quit.
Was fun to watch the others battling out.

You have this adrenalin rush in the first race and then in the second it's like coming down and you're not focused :(.

It's pretty hard to race 2x20 min. on such a narrow track but nice event. Without this race club I would never discover all these crazy tracks :)

It was a verrrry pretty track! Good job Andrew (I know it's a conversion :p)

Some pictures: (hope it's ok)

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2009-06-28 00-48-52-59.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-06-28 00-48-52-59.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Race_Steam 2009-06-28 00-52-09-70.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-06-28 00-52-09-70.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 207
See also post #1:) but...

trophy.jpg

GT-Pro winner: João Andias
I can't believe it!!! AGAIN??? Stop these enduros, Eric, João is such a pain in the ass!!!! LOL :silly:
But you were lucky I wasn't there, my friend!!!!! See you next time, or should I say you're gonna see me next time!!!! :embarrassed:

I'm starting to sound like Giorgos... :doh2:

Congrats João, Peter and all of those who finished!!! GREAT!!!!

Ok, will start with a bit of publicity (sorry :D), but as usual along the next week (to the end of it), should do a full event report. Speaking of it, as a few of you also had/have some interest in the now finished AF3kGPC championship, there should be also in the coming week an interview with Niklas (it is done, just need to cook it and to go by the editor :wink2:).

As I typed in the in-game chat as soon as I joined, I caught quite a fright just before joining the game as I think (at least for now, have to investigate) a PSU called the quits 1hr before the race… Well after mutilating another computer of the house, I arrived at “high rpm” at the server, but it could be worst, it could have quitted during the event itself.

Qualifying
(1st)

Not important especially at this kind of events but a 30 for a 2 lapper is ok, but I was kind of trying to be precise/cool after all the comotion of the PSU business and was far from risk taking.

Race
(1st)

As for the race, there isn’t realty much to it as the race itself went very much as the first endurance event (Spa).

The race started, managed to hold the inside line for the first turn and to keep J. Johnson behind. Immediately at the first go around the flugplatz area I saw I had a top speed advantage over my direct adversaries and that would no doubt make “life” more difficult for them. From here started building a lead that went about 3 secs a lap while monitoring the classification board to see if anyone behind had a faster pace.

While I was thinking if some of my GTP adversaries were going for a one stop pit strategy and calculating the amount of time I needed to win on the road to be able (with my 2 pit-stop strategy) to gain the upper-hand, I was also observing how the temperature was going lower and lower (the sky was very dark from about lap 4).

I knew the one pit stop strategy was the best if only light rain was included, so when about lap 6 a strange noise started to be heard, it was like “Rain! How interesting…” That is the kind of change that makes endurance racing interesting, all the math I did before looked kind of vain, and new thoughts started to come to my mind… “Will it be much?” “Will it stop?” .

At the end of lap 8 did my previewed pitstop, was raining slightly still, risked it, kept the slicks (as I think most did). This risk wasn’t uncalculated as I’ve previously raced at the Nord with “proper” rain and I knew with slicks in “proper” rain I was about 30 to 40 seconds a lap slower than my dry pace, so nothing too damaging when compared with full wets.

Left the pits in second wandering what J. Johnson would do and if I with new (cold) slicks could gain time on him in the dump conditions… On lap 9 he went to the pits, and I was left puzzled (at the time) by his pit strategy as at that moment I knew he had to go a 2nd time too.

About lap 10 the rain stopped, I had slicks, my class adversaries were behind at a safe distance (were also on a 2 pit strategy) and I’ve to admit that at that time I knew the only one that could prevent me from wining it was myself.

About lap 13/14 I almost did it as I clipped the grass while exiting the fast turn (one can’t break hard with 2 wheels on the grass :D) and went in too fast at Aremberg. Luckily (we all need it) only car body damage, 3 km/h top speed lost (was reaching 308km/h max arriving Tiergarten before) and pride damaged as I wanted to do the full distance with an intact Vette.

The second stop went well, it is impressive the amount of water I drink while doing this and as such had an urgent rush to the toilet, for the record, went well too… :p

The last stint is always the more painful as we start to see the field diminish, some discomfort settles in but I kept doing my neck and wrist exercises while climbing the “power hill” (something I learned from Paul Ricard Mistral straight).

Kept concentration and motivation up by constantly looking who was doing what in my HUD, got sad how some of my illustrious race adversaries were no longer going and the finish come soon after.

Will start by thanking big time all the GTSport guys as they did a fantastic job by choosing helpful lines that no doubt helped me allot. Not behind is everyone in GTP I had to lap and again I can’t remember a single incident, in fact I feel a little bit guilty as maybe I got a few people apprehensive with that post introducing the race so they were really wearied about overtaking/and being overtaken (hope not).

Thanks everyone who participated, we had full roster (1st time in this endurance events) and takes everybody to do a proper race simulation.

Congratulations to Péter for his win, congratulations to everyone who gave his best, especially to those who managed to finish it.

Finally, as usual, thanks RD (an all including race club) and Eric for all the effort and time organizing another good one, big
:good:.

Had the same. Was driving in the pit in lap 8, confirmed my settings. But then nothing happened. Stupid bug. If i crash it's my own fault, but now i am very angry, was looking forward to it for over a month.

This is too bad, very sorry… :(

We have to go down better at this pit-stop bugs… short of using "auto-pit" (avoid at all costs) I can’t trace consistent motive for this.

I’ve even shared the same pit-spot, pitted at same time in the same spot that another follow simracer, and I never got this…

Was your engine working when you got pulled out of the race? (if you have very little fuel and your engine stops and you are 1 inch out of your pit arrow, you will get a DNF)

Were you synchronized with the server?

Just to try to help, this is how I go about pit-stops:

• Have "auto-speed" control on (it puts the limiter automatically in pits and turns it off when I exit).
  • Have the pre-pit menu planer well defined with what I’m going to do (fuel amount, tires I’m going to change and even suspension/wings change selected).
  • In race, before pitting on a straight line, call up the pit menu… do any changes necessary and from it call the pit.
  • Check the signal at the bottom of the window and if all is well go to pits… 10m before the arrow, full brakes and parked it in the arrow itself.
  • After the fuel is in, start my engine in neutral (2 keyes).

One pit-call bug that is known and you guys have to be careful, is that sometimes the pit crew “out of the blue” calls a pitstop (in truce it is some mix-up at the server/computer about who needs a pit-stop and when), so if one calls a pit-stop at that time, it will in truce only turn-off the one already on (wrongly called by cpu) but in this case you wont see any message at the bottom of the window and as such you just repeat the pit-call.

...Around lap 16 finally I got a disconnect... Took me a while to find out, I was just wondering why I get blue flags all the while without there being any car... Too bad, my internet connection was rock stable ever since I'm at this ISP, but that happens.

So I finished my 24 laps alone and at least have the satisfaction to finish without any broken splitter or suspensions...

What counts to us is what we ourselves perceive of the things, so you finished it :wink2:

had a mini dump a few laps after the 1st pit stop...

A mini-dump, a really have no words after all you went pre-race… I’ve yet to have a mini-dump with this patch… anyway, I’m sorry and it really is unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%