• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Sunday July 19th - Caterham CSR 200 @ Dijon Grand Prix

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Emmons

Steve Emmons

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Yves for setting up the event.
    Had great time and the Caterhams were a nice change. We ended up having a pretty good turnout, but it would have been fun to have even more people to race with.

Thanks!:smile:

2. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen

Ratings:
    +32
    I was able to make it back to race, and qualified 6th with Yves setup. Thanks Yves. Had a bad start. Somehow my clutch became unmapped. When the race started Rhys about ran into the back of me. Sorry Rhys. In turn 1 of lap 2, Steve went wide and I was able to get under him for 5th. This was truly uncharted territory for me! I stayed there for a lap and a half. In that sharp downhill left, I went wide - the pressure was too much! - took out some cones and began a powerslide. Steve got past me and as I struggled to keep my car in control, I came across Philip's path and we touched. That was enough to put me into the barrier and damage my suspension. I ended up riding around in 10th place, struggling with my damaged car. One of these days....:victory:.
    The track is a blast. I love the elevation changes and the bumpy track. The cat was a blast to drive, too! Thanks Yves for the event and all of you who raced.

3. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Enjoyed driving the Caterhams once I'd got the track down.

Felt like I was going quick and was happy to only have one spin in the race and no contact with anything solid :). Unfortunately most of you guys made me look slow 2nite :(. I obviously don't know how to get the most out of these super little cars.

Lonely race to 6th place, but atleast I brought it home in the condition I started it in which was good enough for me :).

Good to see so many new faces joining RD's Club at the moment :good:.

4. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Sorry Glenn if I caused you to go off :(.

5. Steve Emmons

Steve Emmons

Ratings:
    +0
    You were smokin' tonight Glenn!:)

6. Michael Carver

Michael Carver

Ratings:
    +57
    Much thanks to all for another great event! Best fun I have had with my clothes on in a long time....

Couldn't qualify worth a hill of beans, but that was okay since almost everyone was faster than me anyway. Managed 11th, but at the start dropped back as the car in front got off to a SLOW start. After a few laps I got with in eye-shot of Rhys and Nisse battling it out. Glenn went off course and dropped behind me. I wanted to stay in touch with Rhys & Nisse hoping their close battle would slow them down and wear out their tires. They were slightly faster than me, so I didn't really want to get in their private hornet's nest. However, Glenn was gaining time and I had to start pushing a bit more.

About half way, I started closing the gap to the great battle between Nisse & Rhys (sometimes watching them was too much distraction, but they put on such a great show). I started getting closer due to the draft on the straight (and I had more speed down the straight). Eventually Nisse went wide (or got tired of trying to battle a car that had rolled over due to an incident at the start) and I got by. Trying my best to gain on Rhys and not reck Nisse who started pressuring me (and trying to conserver tires), I kept gaining on Rhys only to lose ground after a couple of laps.

Eventually Nisse decided it was time to make a move (as the race was winding down), and we had a few laps battling side by side. At one point I thought I had given him enough room on the inside, but as he had gone wide over the rumble strips, I guess I hadn't given him enough room. As he came bounding back onto the track, we touched and I went off into the gravel. Nisse gracefully slowed down and let me back on the track ahead of him.

With 2 laps to go, Nisse wanted his position back and battled hard. I wanted to get close enough to Rhys to draft past him on the straight. Made one bobble on the last lap and lost contact with Rhys and allowed Nisse to press hard. In the final 2 turns we were side-by-side (with a minor touch -- but no harm). I opted to force Nisse to the outside on the final turn (by taking the inside line) and he took advantage, passing me coming up the incline to the straight. We drag-raced to the finish line. Luckily I had the preferred line and better straight speed and passed by a cars length at the finish line.

Thanks again to everyone for such great challenging and fun races over the last few weekends. Yves, great choices of car/track combos! I may still be racing in the back, but it's been a hell of fun doing it!

Looking forward to the next event ...

7. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Oh yeh, I forgot to say thanks to Yves and RD again for hosting and setting up the race :good: :).

8. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen

Ratings:
    +32
    No, Philip. It was all me.

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,985
    a little movie about the first few laps battle for the lead is coming up :wink2:

10. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    Ohw men,

During the practice i noticed that Yves was a second faster.
    Yves was so gentle to give his setup (tnx), and showing a how to do lap onboard (tnx).
    After these lessons, i managed do drive 0.5 seconds faster. So the qualify started.

Qualify.
    Used 15 liters of fuel to do a fast lap. I managed to do a 1:24:7. It putted me on the 2nd place.

Race:
    I had a very bad start, and cars are passing me like i was standing still.
    But then there was the first corner, and i saw some cars spin out of the track or on the track, and was directly behind gary. The disaster was luring and i took me a few seconds to spin inside of a corner.
    So i was last, and had to regain some places. After i think 5 or 6 laps i was 5th behind the leading pack. I noticed that i was gaining time on them, and settled the race pace to waith for mistakes at the front.
    Suddenly James Cathers was standing in the pits and i was 4th behind drving behind Abdul. Then 10 intense laps where waiting for me, and i saw somethimes that i was getting closer, or retaining at the same distance.
    After getting very close to Abdul i made a mistake and did go wide in a corner. So it was the same story again, and had to push the limits.
    In round 29 i saw Abdul's bumper again in front of me. But i pushed the car over its limits and spon again. I finished 1.8 seconds behind him.

It was superbbbbb.

Yves and RD tnx for this evnt.

Abdul that was some wicked race tnx mate.

See you all at the next catherham event.

11. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    This car suits Sunday driving. From the red lights going off the race was on big time. Those fast few laps were among the best racing experiance I have ever had. Yves I cant wait to see the video. It was bumper to bumper 4 cars, amazing stuff.

Started 4th into first corner I am 2nd behind James. Yves and Gary were behind me who I knew were both gonna pounce later to pass, which they did lol. Finished 3rd. But all the way in the last 10 laps or so Yuri was catching me fast. I had nothing to respond with. I was trying every line possible lap after lap to maintain the time or gain. The first time you lost the car Yuri just a few turns ahead I had also done the same. Almost had a heart attack as I was expecting you to zoom past. Phew lol

Thank you all guys. Yves your setup was wicked, thanks m8.

RD and Yves, Sunday races are like a journey to the country side. Thanks

12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,985
    here it is guy's, enjoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJz76sjeIZo[/ame]

13. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Awesome stuff guys:). The four of you were in a league of your own in these motors. Hats off to you all :good:.

14. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    Yves vid saves me the bother of reporting the opening of the race,i was the silver car from 5th start,i thought you would have Thommo's GPL Cat skins pack Yves so my Jim Clark skin would be seen :(.
    The second half of the race was very much like Watkins last week where i tried and failed to make a break from Yves and as tyres went away he was ready to pounce,i offered him the inside for T1 to outbrake me,but i left it later than normal myself for braking,Yves ended up going straight on to the gravel and i now had the comfort gap to the finish.
    Many Thanks to all the gentlemen drivers and Thanks to Yves and RD :good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.