RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wasn't my best race but at least it was a great challenge!

Quali: 14th
Race1: Huge crash after the start and I got collected. Got a damaged car for the whole race, made a lot of mistakes, but still came in 5th. It's nice:)
Race2: Got 2nd for a short time, then started to fall back, and finally got into the wall in the last chicane and got a puncture. Decided to retire there, doing a full lap with a flat tire here is very dangerous to others.

Thx for organizing this event!:)

Spot free if anyone needs it...misjudged the time GMT ( +2 summertime atm ..doh ! ) and seeing buzzer goes 05:00 for busy day at work have to pass anyway.
I did a 1.28.2 with a quick made set in the 45 min praccy I had, uploaded as well.

Gl have fun in race lads.

Dreadful event for me:poop:.

Struggled in practice, but got the car fairly quick during Qualifying.

Started very well in Race 1 just avoiding the start of the pile up as 2 cars literally went over the top of me:nopics: and after 1st couple of laps I was in 5th. Then Simon had a problem and I was 4th. Keeping in touch with 3rd place when on lap 6 I clipped the curb entering the final chicanes and ploughed into the tyres b4 the exit and causing Simon to run into my left rear. Sorry mate and hope it didn't cause you too much damage.

Race 2 started in 16th I think. Got away cleanly and managed to get through first couple of corners safely and hoped to settle in and gradually make places by being careful. Unfortunately the 2 cars infront of me got together b4 the first long straight and I spun after collecting the BMW. I was facing the wrong way with no room to turn and had to wait for everyone to go by b4 turning back round. Then I caught Mtommi Tam and nudged him in the braking zone into the very tight double apex left hander. I waited for him, but he left the game, so I didn't get to say sorry properly to him :(.

To make things worse I was now running well back from the field and I clipped the same bloody curb I hit in race 1, but this time got a puncture on the left rear and I had just passed the pits :(. Didn't judge my 3 wheel braking right into t1 and again ended up receiving terminal damage. The first time I've crashed out of both races in a double header so very pissed with myself:teeth:.

Well done everyone who managed to get results. Hats off to you and especially to the top finishers.

Thanks Bram and RD for organizing this :)

I can only guess what times everyone else has. Since I can make the rare 1.18:4-6 that must mean that everyone must be in the 1.15's.... (please don't tell me 1.14's!)

Where is everyone? This is a fun track and plenty of opportunities for overtaking.... Don't let me luck out and just barely miss a points paying position.... Join in and make me earn it!

Well, not much to tell here…

Qualify (7th)
Was a bit unlucky, only managed 2 clean laps and was 1 to 2 sec of my pb.

Race 1 (7th)

Failed the start and lost 2 positions when the lights went off.
With the mess in front a BMW went over me flying, for me the result was a demaged suspension. As a result of this doing chicanes was tricky as the car deepens too much on the front left side.

With many mistakes brought the car to the finish in 7th in a race that with all the troubles many had, my best theoretical position would have been 3rd.

Race 2 (DNF - 10th)

Well, the 7th at first race meant I started 2nd, didn’t do a bad start but lost 2 positions to the BMWs.

The grid inversion means that the risk of a much slower racer being in front of much faster ones is high. So still on the first lap, Péter went on the breaks unexpectedly very hard for a turn, James managed to avoid, I too, but the guys behind me didn’t, so they all bumped into me…
Result, went into a wall, damage front left suspension, again the car was deepening too much the front left suspension and I was only on the 1st lap :(

On the final chicane, a small touch sent me into orbit I pressed esc immediately because everyone was very near… first DNF in RD events :(

• Well, what can I say... it was a hard circuit, the chicane was there before, so I can’t blame it… :D
  • I didn’t have a setup for dump conditions, nor had I raced on Porto in dump or wet conditions before… but that is my fault I guess…
  • So I think can only blame myself for this bad day at the office:wink2:

Thanks RD and event organizers for another fine one. Thanks
everyone that particpated for the fine race :wink2:

Congratulations to Henrik for the fine wins; btw, nice overtake on me at the 2nd race, clean and fast…
:clap:

Congratultions to the overall podium and to about 7 or 8 people that demonstrated to have a very good pace for the race but with whom luck wasn’t with them today.

Not a good race night.... unfortunately.

Practice was not good, Qualy neither. Some people need to remember that in the pit lane they have to use the limiter. Some tracks I dont care, this one is one where it is important. Got at least one lap ruined by somebody coming out out of the pit lane to quick, entering my race line.

Race1: Good example for 2 things:
Why I hate city circuits:
A small mistake of a fellow driver ends in a desaster (at start)!
Why I hate pit stops:
When I tried to repair my demage, somebody first did not keep enough distance and bombed me into the pit lane, then I actually had forgotten to preset my pit menu but I just hit confirm. So no repair (after the usual problem of finding the right point to stop). Next round next pit stop, same problem finding the spot, repaired and.... S&G for something (though I hit the Speed Limiter). After that a lonely race, again not good but I finshed.

Race 2:
Start was better, but... while I was taking caution for the guys in front of me in the first chicane somebody from far behind hit me (sorry mate, but the brake pedal is that thing left to the throttle!). Then at the Chicane-of-Death, there was a small pile up in front, tyre wall for me and end of the race! Was watching the fights between James, Sebastien, Yves and Jay!

Just to say that there is nothing bad in what I've said, I just wanted to explain that we should not make reflexions (not you Warren or Gary) if you shoot someone while it is precisely that which is before changing the line and it is already too late
I do not know if you understand what I mean ...

Sorry Gregory, I still don't understand what you are saying, so maybe I'm misunderstanding. If you are saying that hitting the car in front was unavoidable because they changed line, then I understand that can cause accidents, but that doesn't stop the offending car stopping and waiting and apologising.

The key to passing really comes down to entitlement and etiquite. Turn Divebombing and pushing out the driver in front of you is certainly not the way to gain a position.

I'll throw in my explanation in an attempt to help ease these sorts of incidents. I'm no expert on driving lines but I have seen a pattern on some tracks.
The problem with Jyllandsringen wasn't the track length, more the types of turns, and especially turn 1 and 2. The secret to a fast time on this track was that many turns required a very wide entry and a tightening exit. This was especially true at turn 1 and 2. Hopefully Keith can confirm this with me.
This often causes problems in races, because the most common passing technique by many drivers is to dive into the gap when the car in front goes wide for turn entry. The following driver just dives into the gap and assumes they now have an overlap, even though they are are now very badly placed for the all important exit. Worse still, the badly placed car on the inside is probably too fast at that point and will drift wide on exit, just when the faster car with the wide entry is tightening for the exit.
Jyllandstringen had many turns like this, and most needed the wide entry, so all of the dive bombers were charging into the gaps trying to pass early (especially the first lap or so) because passing here was not easy, and there was a general lack of patience by some drivers.
I've seen this same problem (lots of crashes) at other tracks that require wide entries to turns. People need to learn to stay on the best driving line, look for other ways to pass another car (eg. faster exit), and learn some patience during the opening laps.

Again, I don't blame the track length, I put it down more to track type and lack of patience.

I may be totally wrong here, but I offer it in an attempt to help bring about some cleaner driving.

• James Cathers

fun race. sorry to Ben for the shunt in T1, looked at replay and i dont know how i didnt feel it cause i used you for brakes. probably kinda flustered after that crappy start I had. also sorry Gumenius, I think ya didnt know i was on your inside in T4 and you turned into me and it bumped ya off track. first race was a boring 3rd, second was a little more interesting but the front left was cooked after 4 laps, too much steering on my part, and it was more work than fun to race.thanks RD!

First off, I would like to thank my sponsors for.. sponsoring me to participate in this racing super touring cars racing.

Second, I would like to thank Yuri for the perfectly executed, timed, practiced, rigorously scrutinised failed overtaking manoeuvre on the last corner of the first race. (No problem mate, it happens.)

Sixthly, I would like to thank Lewis for a good race.

Thirdly, Me and Neil had what some would say "A proper race mate". I was induced into a furious rage of fearless hope and spun him in the first race. Sorry Neil, was completely intentional and perfectly executed.

Thanks Andrew and RD for a good race full of sportsmanship, ego's and darn right proper racing.

Cya next time :victory:

Race one was a case of running wide at Druids on lap one and Maks slips through for the lead,chasing him many laps thinking how its going to be almost impossible to pass,then he has his one mistake of the race and i retake the lead and hold to finish,excellent stuff! :good:.
Race 2 from 8th and away good with the pack and hang out wide down paddock and on arrival up to druids some malarky is kicking off big time!...anchored up and took the necessary avoiding action round the outter lip of the curb and its going great....until another car punts me up the arse putting me off and they go through and on their way......good fun recovering battles after that,sorry Hermy finishing you off at Druids,but not much i could do at that point with you so far gone sideyways losing it :(,i waited anyways :).
Couple of loverly races with another ace SLC combo.
Thank You Andrew and RD :good:

Awsome race guys.Thank you for all the fun Andrew and RaceDepartment. :D
Incredible race. I had to battle with,Michael Herrmann,Deniss,and more other players.Good race all of you. Thanks again to Andrew for this awsome event and RaceDepartment too. :D:D:D

Very fun race.

Sorry Rob :) it was an everything or nothing move. Incredible stupid from me. I really have to be patience in overtaking.
All others who got wrecked or spun out by me really sorry.
Next race i will be more patience.

Andrew and RD tnx for this race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%