RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• James Cathers

its hard to race clean in a heavy GT car around brands hatch.

maybe magny cours next time? dont have to worry about racing side by side, just passing people on the brakes.

Passing must be done with consideration for the other driver. If I go to the inside I make sure I can hold a tight line. This allows the other driver the chance to give room without compromising their exit or risking contact. If I don't think the corner will be safe or I wont be able to hold a tight line I'll back off and live to fight another time.

If I'm being passed I'll give room even if I'm not entirely sure they're alongside as I'd rather not end my or their race for the sake of a few tenths of a second. Normally if you give room and they stay tight you have just as good an opportunity to hold onto the position than you would if there is contact as generally the wide car will take the brunt of any contact.

This respect gets noticed and others will remember in future. For instance Keith is now a driver who I'm familiar with. We managed a good battle recently at Melbourne in the Camero's side by side on several occasions without contact because we know and trust each other to give room and fight fair. Don't get me wrong, even the best and cleanest drivers make mistakes and when they do their opponents know from their past performances that it is a genuine mistake.

Maybe some people just need to learn that it's the spirit of racing with each other that matters most rather than making that do or die pass:wink2:.

One of the things mentioned in this thread is the type of track that we race. This track was short but someone mentioned that the turns were the problem. I thought about this more and he's right (whoever it was that mentioned this). This track didn't have a lot of wide turns that allowed for more than one line through it.

Let me say this first: I'm not trying to say that Gary should just suck it up and stop complaining.... Nobody likes to get spun and bumped. But my experience has been fantastic with you guys. You are all talented and clean drivers and I enjoy competing with you.

The one great thing about this thread is that it's bringing attention to etiquite and clean driving which will make us all much more aware and cautious in the future.

Look, everyone probably could've complained about something in this race. In the restart/requali I lost 5 spots, I was spun around twice but I know they were honest mistakes and mistakes that I could've easily made myself.

I'll tell you that the more we get to know one another and the more people on teamspeak, and the more we drive with one another, the better the racing. We're not just some other guy on a public server that we don't care about..... we're a group/community that plan to see each other next week. SO, lets race more with each other, lets all use teamspeak. I'll meet anyone that wants to race more in this timeframe anytime throughout the week. Lets get a dozen or so guys meeting several times a week and we'll form bonds and have knowledge about eachothers driving that we don't have now!!!

I enjoyed this event as I've enjoyed all of them. However, I'd like to be competing with the leaders so I need to drive more, work more on lines and work more on setups. Anyone want to drive together MORE????????

I don't think I can make this one because I'll be out of town that morning. I am looking forward to how it goes though, and I have done a rolling start lap in other leagues, so I should be good to go on that point.

Thanks for setting this up Eric! Good idea to test the mod out and familiarize everyone with the rolling start.

*Practise:

*Qualy: 2nd position with 2:01.178

*Race 1: 2nd position.
Wet track.
Very good start,I'm in first position.

Braking,I'm too wide and I touch Henrik who hits the wall of tyres.

I did not realize that I had sent Henrik to the wall......I continue my road.While viewing the replay,I saw my error.Sorry.

Behind, big accident.....

At the end of first lap,big fear.....
0002.gif

Lap 2,

P3 behind Henrik and Simon.

P2 after crash of Simon.

Lap 6,I let through Oliver not to leave to error and keep a chance to go up on the podium.

Lap 9,

Finish,P2 behind Henrik who was too faster..

*Race 2: 2nd position.
Wet track.
Lap 1,P7

Lap 2,crash of Joao.

P6,

Lap 3,P5

Lap 5,P4

Lap 6,P3

Lap 9,I touch James at braking.I decelerated to come back behind him.

Lap 12,P2

Congratulations to Henrik for the two victories.Too faster for me.....
3d-respect-prosterne-3.gif

Damn that first crash looks awesome. :wink2:

Well, not if your race ended, because of this......i was air-born, the one in the (edit) orange seat. NOT funny @ all. Way to agressive driving, yesterday.

So, In the beginning take it easy guys, don't force your way to the front!!! your not alone and use youre mirror(s). Don't take only, sometimes is giving better. SO, we all can make the finish-line and have lots of fun.

Qualy 22nd :(

Race 1 If you have a look at the crash on Sebastien's awesome photo in the massive crash at the back there is a blue and white BMW in the air about to land on a Seat. That Seat was me! That ended my race because i couldn't get back to the pits.

Race 2 Managed to get away cleanly got up to 13th i think but then at the chicane halfway along the straight i broke a little late and went into the barrier and then got clipped by someone else which also ended my race.

Anyway even though i didn't finish the race it was still very enjoyable whilst i was on track!

Thanks to the event organizers for setting up this race!

Well, not if your race ended, because of this......i was air-born, the one in the yellow seat. NOT funny @ all. Way to agressive driving, yesterday.

So, In the beginning take it easy guys, don't force your way to the front!!! your not alone and use youre mirror(s). Don't take only, sometimes is giving better. SO, we all can make the finish-line and have lots of fun.

Not sure if you saw what caused it: Ollie Wickens moved across on Yves and that caused Yves to spin across the track, I had nowhere to go and ended up having his car hit the top of my one causing it to jump in the air. Then the rest of the field hit me and Yves causing cars to fly everywhere - I was very close to going over the wall and unfortunately you did go over. Ollie said after the race that his game froze so he couldn't see what was going on, I know he wouldn't have done that sort of move on purpose as after racing with him a few times I know he is a sensible driver. Shame you couldn't get back around the wall to carry on - needs a reset option like iRacing.

Andreas - that was me that landed on your car - not much I could have done really :p

Well, not if your race ended, because of this......i was air-born, the one in the yellow seat. NOT funny @ all. Way to agressive driving, yesterday.

It looks great from the side line i mean :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years