RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Robert, I'll cut and paste. In 2 minutes.

It's for another event so the schedule isn't correct.... we don'thave superpoll and a 2 race format... however the gist is the same.

That should tell you a lot about the rules. Also check out the golden rules inside that same thread.

This is the posted rules that we have for friday nights. Even though the sessions are a bit different.... the rules of engagement are the same. Tonight is an endurance race so we'll have only 1 race... not 2 like it says below. No time to edit... sorry, I just wanted to answer your question as best I could.

Hey guys, this is a quick summary of how things should go tonite for this race. It involves setting up prerace, racing, etiquette, and a few other reminders.

Practice:

Here you should be getting a handle on your car, whether it is wet or dry. Get comfortable racing around others, and get your awareness up.

You should also be practicing your pit stops. As with all Friday races we require a mandatory 2 tire stop each race. The practice will help you with pit entry, and prevent you from getting a stop and go because of speeding into pit lane.

Now as added excitement of the Friday races, we have chaging weather. With this in mind during practice you should set a few presets. Here are exmaples of mine:

1) Two dry front tires
2) All four dry tires
3) Two wet front Tires
4) All four wet tires
5) Full damage repair

Setting these presets will decrease your chances of having a problem when pitting.

Also it is beneficial to practice both with full race fuel, and with qualifying fuel. Running all your practice with 5-10 liters of fuel will not help when you put in your 30 litres for race time as it adds weight and changes the car.

Qualifying:

We run 15 minutes of Super pole which is an incdividual qualification. When you leave the pits you have 3 laps and they are as follows:

1) Outlap - Used to warm up tires. Also do not damage car this lap :)
2) Hotlap - Your one and ONLY lap to qualify with. It is sometimes better to relax a bit so you do not make a mistake and run off leaving you with a poor qualification and bad starting position
3) Inlap - A cool down lap which you run and enter the pits when finished , you can hit escape when done your hotlap, but it is more fun and real to finish the inlap and also gives you another chance to practice pitting in.

****WHEN YOU ENTER THE TRACK, ONCE YOU RETURN TO PITS, EITHER BY ESC OR DRIVING IN YOU CANNOT GO BACK ON TRACK****

Warmup:

Use this session to get comfortable with race fuel, and to once again practice you pit stops. At this point make sure you have all your presets set in place, and you are comfortable and ready to race. Also a good time to hit the bathroom!

Race:

Now the Friday events have such large fields, on track behaviour is critical. Because one aggresive move, doesnt just affect you and one car, but more like 5-10 cars. Remember this! Everyone is here to have fun just like the other, but think about how one move takes the fun out of it for another. We all like to do well, and make passes, but think of the big picture. Races are decent length, with changing weather, and with pit stops. Things happen and the race unfolds. Let it get there, use caution the first lap.

A few rules of thumb when around multiple cars.

1) Be aware of cars behind, and their position. Do not just think about the car in front. The car behind is just as important
2) When changing lanes to pass, or miss cars ran off, check before changing
3) If you are defending, and attempting to block. You can only make one lane change. There is no swerving to block
4) If a car has a run on you and you see him go inside, BE AWARE. You cannot just turn into a car that is fully beside you (and I mean nose to nose beside you). He is there, and you have to concede position. More then likely if you turn into him and he is there you are going off and your race is hindered
5) When entering pits do so in a safe manner that does not cause obstructions for others.
6) When re-entering the track from the pits, please do so in a safe manner. However remember that you ARE racing for position. Remain behind the line until it breaks, but do not pull a Schumacher and swerve into the lane of a full speed car. (this ends in sorrow)
7) When you are receiving the blue flag, do not panic. Have a look behind and see how close, and plan for a safe spot to allow them by. You do not need to jam your brakes on. Simply back off the throttle off the race line and they will find their way as they are at full pace.

That is all I can think of for now, but I wanted to share this with everyone as we have started having alot of new players join us. I know this is just a refresher for some, but also at the top is a bit of strategy that I use prerace.

I suggest to everyone that races on fridays to use teamspeak, even if you dont have a Mic. It is beneficial, because if someone runs off they announce it, and it gives early warning. Even if you leave it on but on quiet.

Also everyone prerace please remember to download the Most recent skinpack.

Thanks to all the new guys for trying out racing with us, and to all the regulars who race week in week out. I see big things coming for these friday nights and its all because of you guys.

Hope this Summary helps out, I will repost is for each event.

Keith Barrick

• Matthew Trivett

"lawl"

[soapbox on]

No names, but I was a bit troubled with some of what I can only call over-aggressive driving (especially on the starts of both races). It also seemed that a lot of drivers were not honoring yellow flags (and there were a ton of them, yellow flags that is).

The starts could have been much better had cooler heads prevailed and fools hadn't rushed in were angels feared to tread. Even with yellows waving, folks rushed into the corners on the 1st lap hoping to make up for their qualification runs. If one wants to exit turn 1 6 to 7 positions ahead of their starting position, they really should have qualified further up the grid. Save the hard driving and racing after the chaos and close running evens out after the 1st few corners on the 1st lap. If you are that talented, you will make your 6 to 7 positions within the first couple of laps and you will not have put others out of the running in the process.

[soapbox off]

great track, great car and a bit challenging on that track. qualy first with my PB. race 1 one had a not so bad start and just lost P1 to Peter, kept up with him and finally pass him at the end of the long straight and stayed P1 till the end. race 2 started last 5 out of 5 and was patient and careful to pass the slower guys, finally caught up Peter and Andreas L that were battling for the lead, Andreas pass Peter and not long after that i did the same. Andreas did put his car sideway coming out the last turn and i had to go on the grass to avoid him and took the lead. got the pole, 2 wins was nice. thanks for all that sign up for the race :fwd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%