rF2 Sunday August 30th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Fuji

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNF

I still can't believe it!

First of all; I like this track. but rFactor BBbbrrrrrrr........what can go wrong, must go wrong. rFactor and my PC is a very bad marrieds.

- throttle get's stock (solved)
- i get disconnected..more times....?
- or i get all kind of (strange) colors??

After i few resets and restarts of my PC, i finally could do some practise. I did managed a low 1;40. but during Qual rFactor had his troubles again....So everything must starts all over again. Pfff.

During racing everything goes very well. i'm not been hitten or get smashed off the track. So, everything goes smooth, like it surpose to be! sligtly i get my rhythm.....o'yes! From place 29 to 14..What can go wrong now....Yeah!
I was feeling quit good about it.

Until i want to changed my tyres.......i get the massaged "PIT CREW is READY"
ok..i come in...and guess what. SOMEONE ELSE is standing on my place...right?!? Stupid as i'am; i decided to stay...waiting for my turn, with the engine still running.............OEPS! so, my engine get's overheated!!

Damm, i'm not happy about that. What a learning-process

Nice race for me.
I don't play rF, only some times. Don't like it that much. Got the mod and I liked how it felt. Decided to give it another shot.
I am used to GTR2 races but at rF I am kinda noob.
In quali I got second but I knew I could give JJ a hard time during the race.
Unfortunately in L1 T1 the P cars were allover the place and I wanted to go around them on the outside. Went wide but the grip was almost zero there :(
I really wasn't expecting that. Spun, the engine died, I tried to start it again, finally out of the sand and I lost about 30 seconds till I was back on track.
During the race I spun a few times due to traffic (reminder: if you risk spinning by giving position, better wait, get some curses from the faster guys than loosing 20-30 seconds :) )
Made a nice race from the last place and got 2nd by the end.
If all would have been ok I think I could have given JJ a nice fight towards the end.
Glad to be back on RD and congrats to Bram and the team for the cool championship :)

GT2

Cool event guys.

Start was crazy. There where people standing still and everything. Second start went a little bit better but still very messy. Don't know what was wrong. Got alot of places in the second corner, big mess.

Race.

Went good. Got a nice pace. Not very fast, but consistent. Had some little spins, to early on the throttle but nothing big. Sorry Eckhart for the tap. You spun in the last corner and i couldn't really avoid you and i kissed your back. Pitted at the hour mark. Changed my tire pressure a bit because they where wearing to much. Did a little bit to much on the right tires so the second corner, was becoming a little bit of a problem in the second stint. But changed my line for the corner and that solved the problem. The last laps where nice. Was running 3th in my class but Mircea was gaining on me. But i had enough of a lead to end up to the podium. Great race.

Lapping went good. 3 or 4 little incidents but nothing major. Had some scary moments if a LMP car was lapping me on the straight just before the turn, and then slammed the brakes just in front of me :wink2:. And i think that Jakub Sulej really liked my car, because he liked to touch me in the side of the car a couple of times. :D

Thanks Bram and Ben for setting it up. And it was really cool that Mechanical failures was on for this race. You needed take more care of your car now. :good:

To be learned for next event: never ever look at the mirrors, unless you see a blue flag: i did this in lap3 because an LMP was spinning behind me (what was it doing there in the first place?), got me so distracted I crashed and did my first stint (50mins) with half the front wing gone.

You looked great Eckhart :) The complete bonnet was gone !

Was just happy to make it to the finish being my first Club race. Qual didn't start too well as I spun on the final corner on my first hotlap, but still ended up 3rd in class only .1 off my PB. Drove fairly conservatively in the race, but still made way too many mistakes (spun at least 4-5 times) Overall, I was able to avoid any major incidents, and brought the car home 3rd in class (GT1) Pretty good learning experience from my POV.

Again a huge race. Nice practice, with lots of time to choose a well balanced setup, and a good 1:33,2 for the best lap. Not bad at all, in my perspective. Than the qualif. and again here a very good session, with an hotlap about 1:32, for me a very good time. The race, and the start, was a huge mess, on T1. It is not an easy turn, and with a lot of cars in it, it is even worth. Some places lost, some places regained, a lot of laps without a single mistake, very careful overtaking GT2 and GT1, than 2 spin, and one black monitor, did ruined my race. Finally, the engine, without any signal, at the exit of T1, blown up. Well done for all and congratulations for the 3 first classified.

I really love these longer races! Did my first laps in the LMP1 on this track but the track was familiar since the 10h event. Still problem to setup the car and started with my Sebring setup. Managed to qual in 3rd and I'm really happy with that even though I was 2s too slow. Good enough :)

No time for any calculation about fuel and tyre strategy but that didn't bother me.

Everything went fine all the way, almost. Was fighting for position 3 in the beginning and in the end there was a huge gap down to 4th. During the race I spun 3 or 4 times but didn't lose huge on that, at least not in that moment. With 10 minutes to go I realized that I would run out of fuel and put on the ECO style trying to save as much as possible. The result was the no 4 closed in on me quick and I had to do a quick stop anyway and I lost 3rd spot. :( But it was great fun all the way! :D
I had no problems with lapping at all but I wasn't in a hurry. Sometimes slower cars was too kind and went off track to give space! That's not necessary guys!!! I do my best to respect slower cars and it doesn't upset me if I have to wait a few corners before I can pass!

Finished 4th.

Thanks to the organizers!

Mikael, I did notice that you were one of the nicer people. I had a few who barged past trying to make the room that they wanted.

Warmup was not funny though, I had a group of 3 Porshe's that were doing everything in their power to cause trouble. Including one who misjudged his speed into the corner then swung into the side of me with little to no regard.

Loved the race though, got a good clean start first time. For the second I got a drive through :(. In the first lap I moved from 13th, not unlucky for me, to 7th. The drive through ruined my tyre temps and had some fun for the next half lap.

Some may have seen me driving rather slowly an hour in. I got my first puncture, bad news was it was heading into T1 so had a whole lap with a shreaded tyre.

Final result for me. DQ at 90 mins because I had not turned my lights on. DOH!! First night race for me and I could still see clearly :(. You live and learn.

Final result for me. DQ at 90 mins because I had not turned my lights on. DOH!! First night race for me and I could still see clearly :(. You live and learn.

You get notified by the game (in the chatbox) to turn the headlights on when its really necessary :thumb:

Another annoying race for me...

Got a good start by slowed down as its a long race, then in T2 there was a spun 997 which i couldn't avoid. Had to crawl back to pits with both front tyres flat.

Rest of the race was where i was catching up, had a nice battle with a GT2 who was caught up in the crash at start. Then a LMP hit and spun me into the outside wall in the long right had sweeper that was flashing his lights like crazy (i do not have to pull over and let you through whoever you was). After i got going i had to steer to the left to go straight so thanks for that.

Simon please send an incident report

Another annoying race for me...

Got a good start by slowed down as its a long race, then in T2 there was a spun 997 which i couldn't avoid. Had to crawl back to pits with both front tyres flat.

That was me that had spun, but because the horrible formation lap somebody had already slammed into my rear which caused heavy damage at the rear of my car, so when I went into T2 I had no downforce anomore and it just went round.
I was a lap down on everybody when I came out and had a nice battle with you when we met :D.

To finish 2nd at 7 seconds isn't bad considering where I came from with a busted up car for the rest of the race, drove without an enginecover for the whole race :party2:

Forgot... The most amusing moment of my night was in the practice session of the race. I spent 3 laps trying to safely pass four Flying Lizard GT2's that were battling it out. Each time I went down the straight behind them they would all try and over-take each other (4-wide :D). It was like one of those moments when you can't pass the mothers pushing their push-chairs in the mall (everyone has been there. They fan out, walking slowly and having a chat, with their two-seater and three-seater push-chairs blocking the way :D). If I have it on replay I will post it (it was hilarious. Well it was hilarious up until the point where I was thinking "man... I need to put a lap in" :D.).

Forgot... The most amusing moment of my night was in the practice session of the race. I spent 3 laps trying to safely pass four Flying Lizard GT2's that were battling it out. Each time I went down the straight behind them they would all try and over-take each other (4-wide :D). It was like one of those moments when you can't pass the mothers pushing their push-chairs in the mall (everyone has been there. They fan out, walking slowly and having a chat, with their two-seater and three-seater push-chairs blocking the way :D). If I have it on replay I will post it (it was hilarious. Well it was hilarious up until the point where I was thinking "man... I need to put a lap in" :D.).

I'll look at my reply, I was the P2 behind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back