RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

elimtournie.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM ET3

ROUND 1
Class: BMW E46
Track: Birmingham GP

ROUND 2
Class: Spyker C8
Track: Thermalito Full

ROUND 3
Class: R8 Production
Track: AMS

ROUND 4
Class: Formula BMW
Track: Pau 07

Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 10 mins superpole
Race: 15 mins
Weather: Changeable

Notes:

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Details:

This elimination tournament will cater for 50 drivers.

Round 1 will run with participants split across 2 servers. The top 12 from each server will move through to Round 2.

The remaining rounds will be run on one server; Round 2 - top 17 go through, Round 3 - top 10 go through.

Elimination:

At the end of each race I will take a screen cap of the results. To save any arguments, these are the only results which will count. DO NOT leave the server until the cap has been taken.

The server will be closed, the results will be posted in this thread and the new server will be opened.

• Andrew Evans

ROUND 1:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Neil Tennant
  3. Yuri Braham
  4. Tyler Scurlock
  5. Rob Goldthorpe
  6. Nuno Areias
  7. Claudio Caferri
  8. Gary Lennon
  9. Kennett Ylitalo
  10. Lewis Fergusson
  11. Helder Moreira
  12. Michel Salvador
  13. Ries Notenboom
  14. Dan Coldrick
  15. Giorgio Giovanni Migazzi
  16. Dan Watson
  17. Matt Crouch
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
  31. Driver
  32. Driver
  33. Driver
  34. Driver
  35. Driver
  36. Driver
  37. Driver
  38. Driver
  39. Driver
  40. Driver
  41. Driver
  42. Driver
  43. Driver
  44. Driver
  45. Driver
  46. Driver
  47. Driver
  48. Driver
  49. Driver
  50. Erik Aalbers
(will be split into 2 servers nearer the time)

• Andrew Evans

ROUND 2:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

• Andrew Evans

ROUND 3:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver

Another nice RDVLN event, if I’m not mistaken it is the 4th I do, and if one likes the Nordschleife, one can’t go wrong :D.

Qualify (1st)

Went ½ ok as I managed to put a fast lap in (14) but didn’t managed to put the 2nd as I lost the car at the first chicane (Adenauer).

Race 1
(1st)

Didn’t do a good start but luckily (for me) Peter (2nd) did one worst. Kept it in front of the BMW fleet until Adenauer where the front bitted and I had to let the 3 BMW go by.

After that was of prime importance not losing more time to the top 3, specially to Peter as I knew that thereabouts was my entertainment for the event.

As the other 2 BMW (Andreas, Ries), did small but time costly mistakes I was left to deal with the main course. By now I knew his setup had much more aerodynamic support and as such I had advantage in the fast parts (straights/ fast turns) and he on the tight ones. Every passage by the “power hill”, I would overtake, every passage on the small start/finish line, he would overtake.

Very intense (clean) race, the cars were always very near (not a single touch) and the race long battle went right to the line where I won it by about .050 of a sec.

Race 2 (2nd)

From 8th this time did a good start and actually went in front of my illustrious event adversary. On turn one got a hard bump from behind, but managed to hold it without much fuzz.

The race composed itself and I found myself in 6th. Not much time after the front 4 of the (early) first race found themselves to the front of the race with an extra Alfa in there. Braking into Wehrseifen (downhill hard left right before the bridge zone) Andreas BMW went wide but then bitted backand closed the door when I was going to the inside line which resulted in another (but small) bump. Later at the end of the first lap Andreas lost it under braking to the last chicane, I was looking for him on my inside or back (trying to give room) when he went across the front into the barrier and while doing it I bumped him in the rear.

By now the Alfa was strange but fun to simdrive as it power-slide like mad and I actually had to say “sorry” a few times to my adversaries as I would make them lose time doing the turns sideways (the car felt as it had 1 less wing or harder rear suspension).

After a few more mistakes (this time more terminal) from most of the front people I was again alone with Peter to deal with. I knew it would all come to the final start-finish line drag-race and tried to really push it. I think we did a lap into the low 15s (like in the 1st race) which isn’t a bad lap for a sprint race setup. In the end he won it by .250 of a sec.

The above description doesn’t make much justice to the intensity of the race battle that went on for both races. As I drive with FFB effects, G-Force and directional strength at max I went directly to the shower after another of this Monday events (in a way it is kind of ridiculous, but this simulation can get physical). A can’t thank you (Peter) enough for the fine, fun and clean run you gave me. :good:

Congratulations to Peter for his overall win (yes, by .2 of a sec :)),
thanks everyone that participated in what was from my perspective another clean (only small race incidents) and fun event.

Thanks Yves for your effort and RD for the server.

Why we use only 25 slots? ...

Eric, what have you done with the Mod? Do we ever see it again?

Guys, the mod doesn't work with addon tracks. So he can't use it again.

Yes, for now we can't risk having something like what happened last Saturday, it was an ugly scenario for everyone especially to those who putted much effort into it (both sides).

It was a freak occurrence, the tool was "tested" by 2 other clubs in more than 4 events and no major problems were reported... but it seems those events were held at official tracks.

Personal I think we (at RD) should definitely give it a 2nd go in a popular (Race07 only) club sprint event perhaps after the summer (more people, especially with race-on in its way).

I am cutting down on my time spent on RD for the next few weeks, so I dont have the time nor the energy to do more testing. We will see once I get back in September.

Thanks Joao for the perfect explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%