RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race start from P2 in GT1, behind Ferry, with medium tires and an one pit stop planned at mid of the race.

In the first laps I tried to challenge Ferry's position, but with no success to overtake him. The rest of the race I tried to keep a safe pace and hoping he will do a mistake which will allow me to take the class lead without effort.
After 20 minutes, because I was so slow, I noticed that none of my tires was hotter than 80ºC (LoL:poke:). When my fuel was done and pitted in, I pick up the softs instead of the mediums as planned.

Before the race I changed my FF settings to more stronger effects and in the last 20 mins of the race my left arm was hurting. So the soft tires didn't helped me to speed up my pace, as I was fighting with the wheel. Finished 2 laps behind Ferry, which did a great race, leaving me no chance to win, and 9 laps behind winner.

It was a great race, too bad just half of the starters managed to finish it.
I'm so sorry Tami for the punting:sad:, it surprised me you braked so slow for the chicane.

GRAB_020.jpg

Good race at Vara, bad race at Fuji, no race at Houston!

Vara: - Amazed to qualify pole. Didn't know whether there was a rolling start or not so had a bad start, went down to 3rd, then the 2 guys in front of me took eachother out, then was a lonely race from that point on, my first win in an RD event :D

Fuji: - Was struggling with my internet connection, was very laggy with fps very low. Just about managed to qualify 2nd, then went downhill from there. 2nd lap tried to avoid an accident at the first corner, ended up going on the grass and spinning when I got back on the track, tagging Lewis Fergusson, sorry about that Lewis. Decided to retire for everyone else's sake.

Houston: - Very bad internet connection so didn't bother with this one.

Apologies for being extremely laggy, don't know what caused it, was only getting 3.5Mb out of my 10Mb connection for some reason ( :cough: Virgin! :cough: ). Never mind.

It was from me you read those lines, Gary. I think there are an misunderstanding from the GT2 drivers. It is not the fast driver who must take risks to overtake a slower car. Is the opposite: the slower driver must make the overtaken by the faster car so easy as he can. And this is what blue flag means. It is not a GT2 stay in front of a P2 almost a complete lap. What do you gain with that? Is so difficult to you be overtaken? I really cannot understand such resistance to a normal overtaken, from a much more fast car...
No hard feelings and all the best.

It was from me you read those lines, Gary. I think there are an misunderstanding from the GT2 drivers. It is not the fast driver who must take risks to overtake a slower car. Is the opposite: the slower driver must make the overtaken by the faster car so easy as he can. And this is what blue flag means. It is not a GT2 stay in front of a P2 almost a complete lap. What do you gain with that? Is so difficult to you be overtaken? I really cannot understand such resistance to a normal overtaken, from a much more fast car...

Remember, its the passing cars job to make sure he can complete a safe pass, no matter what class. Its very important that LMPs show patience on such tight tracks with GT cars. They're much heavier, and harder to throw around. Its also the GTs job to find out where the best overtaking opportunity is, and let a faster car go by there. Usually, its by braking earlier or providing a draft. We all have to share the track....:love2: lol

Thank you buxton.

Nice cars and tracks today.

First race was 2nd catching leader then got a DC.

Second race I won after a few nervous moments, like getting stuck at T1.

Third race Started up front an led to finish P1. Saying that onl lewis and me finished but lewis had some pacey boots.

Thanks again buxton :good:

Vladimir destroyed one very good lap in my qualification by carelessly driving from the grass onto my racing line.

I am very sorry Kevin for that incident, I just want to say that I wasn't lost control I just had some issue with my Vista and display drivesr and result of that was freezing rFactor for 5 second and destroying your hot lap, I am very sorry. I didn't saw what hapend.
And after 2 or 3 laps during the race, AGAIN I had this annoying issue with few second freezing the sim and after that my car was destroyed and I retired the race.

My apologies to all drivers here, very very bad race day for me :(

Do you have any idea how many times i was lapped in that race by LMP's Luis?,and also GT1,sometimes being lapped as i was lapping JT Tami all at the same time,i think i am right in saying no one else had any problems lapping me?,if any of you other guys have some input on this maybe we can all come away better,but i had no comments during or after the race nor have i read anything here in after race reports,where possible i assisted those lapping me,where not possible i basically ignored them and drove my race and proper line,everyone was very kind and patient i thought and didnt try and force anything even at the expense of losing some time,just as i had to wait and be patient when i was lapping cars in turn costing me some time,its just the nature of the mixed class enduro beast im afraid,ive now been in events and seen all 3 classes pro's and con's and generally whats expected being lapped or doing lapping,i havent had any problems in any event so far with numerous lappings and being lapped.
If a LMP car pulls up behind me then stays there,then drops back a bit,then closes in again and sort of hovers around pondering,then you best believe im not going to jump off the track or drop a gear to assist them,worst case scenario is you have to wait until out the final turn then blast past down straight.

Hi, Gary: I don´t want you jump out off the track. Nobody wants that. The only thing i ask, is a more cooperation in a situation that can be potentially dangerous for us. I´m driving a car, at least, 4 or 5 seconds per lap, faster than your car. Why not to simplify things? I´m not asking you to disappear from race. Only asking to open a little bit the door. Nothing else. And did you penalty for that? If so, it was not my intention, at all.
All the best, and no hard feelings.

Luis I have to disagree. I had no problems getting by Gary or any of the Gt cars. I preferred the cars that stayed on line and would just use the momentum gained from the downforce on the P2 car to pass. As tight as this course was with all the lapping going on the Gt cars would be constantly off line allowing P2 cars by and would be very difficult for them to keep any rhythm. I was very impressed with everyone's conduct in the passing zones. Marty

Anyway, I have since found the problem. I updated from Evo to stcc the day before and was still using Evo to start the game. Since then I have been using Stcc to start and no more problems.

That seems very strange. I have both STCC and EVO, and I always join STCC events using the EVO icon, without problems. I haven't tried since the last EVO patch, but have seen this problem reported by others.

Is there an issue since the last patch???

• Michel Salvador

great event david

i was so tire due to f1 race but oh well what the hell why not other 90 min race lol

vara: was good race it help; i know the track well .

fuji: first time doing this track omfg wtf is this track t1 lol each time lost control ... grrrrrrrr lol

houston: first time on that track but have alot fun on it .

thx RD and david :)

• Andrew Evans

cheers bucko me lovely for a high quality debut evento!

ah bleedin love them rady-kalls...!

lovely tracks - nice picks mate.... :drool:

apols to all who got caught up in my fuji t1 wallride... after watching the replay seems i wasn't the sole cause of the scene :smalltear:

surreal set of results... got a 3rd at vara, a 2nd at fuji... and was on for a 3rd at houston until i was intentionally taken out for the comedy value...

so, for "the comedy", i made a commemorative video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1W_Wb2omw[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%