RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Eric,you are right about rFactor mod.The mod is biliant but i don't think that this will make GTR Evo grid much smaller. :D Hope the best for this enduro. It will be a pleasure for me........only first 2 hours because the last 2 i think i will be allready aslep....just kidding. :) Eric please put me in GT Sport - BMW M3 GTR :)

sign me up pls with a gtp will try the saleen... :)
signedup.png

Sorry about that, I was reporting based on a cursory review of the replay and missed the exact order of events.

BTW: "The Bad and the Ugly" was only meant to reflect on my dismal performance in race 2. In no way did I mean for it to reflect on anyone else's behavior.

Also, to clarify some more:

By "punt, punted" I usually mean a bump or tap that gets another car out of shape. For anything that was just plain aggressive, I would use "shunt, shunted" (which I have yet to see during these events -- this is a great bunch of clean racers).

Just to clear things up Ryan had gone off prior and came back on track right in my path could not avoid it.

Up ahead Philip taps the back of William on the approach to Old Hairpin. Both go off the grass on the right with William coming back across the track and into the gravel. Philip is able to come back on the track just inside the Old Hairpin, but this causes a great jam up. Philip slows up waiting and wondering, “Where’s William?”. This leaves me in 17th.

Sorry Michael and to anyone I held up when recovering. Poor William was well and truly in the kitty litter after that. I coasted around to the back straight until he was able to catch and pass me back.

Not my finest hour:thinking:.

Just to clear things up Ryan had gone off prior and came back on track right in my path could not avoid it.
I did?! Wow, really sorry Brandon, I don't remember that at all!. I was really struggling with slick fronts. Apologies if I was at fault!

NB: Just checked the replay and yes, was my fault but I couldn't do much else, I had no grip at all, I couldn't turn the damn thing far enough inside. Sorry Brandon!

It doesnt get better than this, or does it?

Utterly utterly brilliant. From the countless practice laps down to the last lap in Race 2, it has been great. What a bunch of friends we have guys.

Race Report

Qualy - Had pole by more than a second. If you could see me right when I crossed the line, you would have hear and see my heart beat. The adrenaline was sky high. No more of that pressure again. My blood pressure was high, sweating and all sorts happening to me lol lol.

Race 1 - Started well with the 87, has traction from the word Go. Went for dry tyres, gamble paid off until when I was pitting when rain started. I only changed my rear tyres to wets and forgot to change my fronts aswell. So I had Rear Wets and Front Slicks. Death trap aint it. Once I existed the pits and knew the blunder I did I quickly decided to pit again for Front Wets the following lap. Came out 17th and started pushing hard. Earlier in the race start, we were having a very close fight between 5-6 drivers, very close racing with very professional racing from all members.

I finished the race 7th.

Race 2 - Started 2nd with the reverse grid. Was 1st by turn 1, half the job done now to hold that position till end. Impossible with the likes of Ben, Brandon, Keith, Claudio, Michel, Marcel, Matthew, Will(might have missed some I havent watched replay yet), all visible from my rear view mirror during the race. Made a mistake after trying to avoid Kevin I think and dropped a few places. At one point we were 3 cars wide down the back straight leading to the deadly tyre wall. Amazing driving guys considering it was a wet track. After the cars ahead started pitting it was Michel 1st followed by me. I pitted on lap 10 outta 16. Came out 8 seconds behind Brandon. He was flying during after his pitstop. Finished the race 2nd. Overall 4th.

Weather forecast needs to be mandatory in RD events. We are edging closer and closer to the line that blurs virtual to real motorsport.

Wouldnt be possible without RaceDepartment. Surely wouldnt be possible without Eric Kaczmarek. These events wouldnt have been getting this turn out if it wasnt for Keith Barrick. Thank you very much.

:bang:Rock on.

No problems, it all looked to me like racing and I am sure there was quite a mixture of tire choices out there adding to the chaos (I opted for wets figuring I could replace them if I ended up melting them up at the mandatory stop -- luckily they didn't and it worked out well for me).

They only reason I mention incidents like these are to add "back-story" as to why I even pass anyone :)

Sorry Michael and to anyone I held up when recovering. Poor William was well and truly in the kitty litter after that. I coasted around to the back straight until he was able to catch and pass me back.

Not my finest hour:thinking:.

I've not watched my replay but wanted to share some thoughts with yous. First off a huge thanks for the work Keith and Eric are doing to make this corner of the community a lively and fun corner!!! This is simply awesome.

I think back on a conversation that I had with Keith a couple of months ago. I had quit racing altogether and was really missing it. Keith was driving friday nights and after a conversation stretching into the wee hours of the morning, he convinced me to buy STCC and his comments that he thought this friday night race could turn into something special was exactly what i was looking for!!

I was a league director over at JCRacing.net back in the winter and that site folded up shop and moved to Iracing so I was left without a home and without a league. So this event was to fill a void for me. If i was to get back into racing, I wanted to be as involved as I could to help make the events as great as possible, I told Keith that I'd do anything needed to make it great.

In short, It has filled that void many times over and now we have full grids and a wait list every week. We've got 27 plus members already signed up for the league coming in 1 month and the buzz has never been greater.

This Donnington event was a perfect example of how great of a setup we have on friday nights and I simply can't wait for season 1, 2, 3 and 4.... Donnington was awsome all the way from the practice server keeping stats down to the weather complications! The comraderie is tip top and the mood is friendly and helpful all the time. No fewer than 6 guys are always willing to help a new or struggling guy at all times. This is perfect.

I'm not letting my performance at the actual race taint my feelings for this event. I was running pretty competitive laps all week. Ended up running the 6th fastest lap during practice thru the week which made me think that I'd be competing for an overall podium IF i could put it together during the race.

My Quali: From the beginning of the session, I was uncomfortable due to the weather. I had practiced tons in super wet weather but hadn't really worked on damp track and so I didn't know which setup to go with. I hit a decent lap but felt I left about a second out there.. I qualied 8th which I was okay with... not really disappointed.

Race 1: Green drops and I hit my paddle to shift into first and I rev the engine expecting power and hoping that I can get a good enough start to beat the guys in front of me to T1 but I apparently didn't hit the paddle hard enough and it stayed in neutral. So by the old hairpin I had lost 4 spots or so.... The rest of the race is a bit of a blur as I had another 4 or so incidents (self inflicted) that caused me to have the disappointed feeling about my performance. My tire selection was good. I went with wets and took 4 wet tires in pit around lap 8. The tire selection helped me gain back positions all the way from 19th at one point down to 10th where I finished. Top 10 is nothing to shrug at with this grid as there are some fast, consistent and talented drivers in our midst. Felt I could've ran top 5 but not to be.

Race 2 was a lot better but still not what I had hoped: I stared 10th and got an okay start, after a spin out in front of me, I avoided it and gained back a lost poisition so I was still in 10th. I had one mistake in this trace which was a spin on the back of the track but it didn't cost me too much... several spots but not too much time. I was running around 13th but was right on 4 guys that I felt I could keep up with and pressure into some mistakes. I ran in a pack with several guys for many laps and ended up 11th which is probably about what I deserved.

Big thumbs up to everyone. This Donnington event was as close to simulating racing and all the external factors that affect the race teams that I've ever experienced.

Looking forward to spending Fridays with you guys this fall.

I did?! Wow, really sorry Brandon, I don't remember that at all!. I was really struggling with slick fronts. Apologies if I was at fault!

NB: Just checked the replay and yes, was my fault but I couldn't do much else, I had no grip at all, I couldn't turn the damn thing far enough inside. Sorry Brandon!

Ryan no problems man i had just thought bye the way Michael came across that i had hit you in a bad way but he cleard it u and man i love racing with you all and stuff happens but it is RACING and thats it you have to expect it and as much as you try to avoid it which everyone here that we race with would do it still happens but we have a good thing going and we all try to race clean so we should not get mad just have fun and in the end thats what it is all about. and i watched the replay man those honda's seemed to have mad over steer when the rain came i could see you had your hands full and sorry we had contact it was unfortunate. good race though and look forward to racing with you next week.

Ryan no problems man i had just thought bye the way Michael came across that i had hit you in a bad way but he cleard it u and man i love racing with you all and stuff happens but it is RACING and thats it you have to expect it and as much as you try to avoid it which everyone here that we race with would do it still happens but we have a good thing going and we all try to race clean so we should not get mad just have fun and in the end thats what it is all about. and i watched the replay man those honda's seemed to have mad over steer when the rain came i could see you had your hands full and sorry we had contact it was unfortunate. good race though and look forward to racing with you next week.
Yeh Keith changed his fronts and had worn rears, so had crazy oversteer, I changed the rears and had slick fronts(!) so had ridiculous understeer and aquaplaning.

• Jason Halaby

I'm baaaaack!
Congrats on your win last week Mark.
Andrew, I assume US session is 0300 wednesday. You might want to change your text to read (following day) so you can copy paste w/o editing each time.

(jasonhalaby) US session as usual! Thx!

Any other US drivers...please pleas please...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%