RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Unofficial Practice
Didn't have much time during the week to run practice laps, so i did all of my practice prior to the event. Tested several FWD cars but somehow I did not have the correct feeling. So I thought about Abdul and his laptimes in the E30. That car is awesome in the wet. Didn't have much confidence in driving a RWD car in the rain but she gave me no trouble at all. And most importantly I was able two do my laps a full 2 seconds faster than in a FWD car.
So I decided to run the race in it.

Official Practice
I was really struggling here since the track was just damp and not flooded, and i didn't have a setup for those conditions. Was running mid-field when it comes to lap times.

Qualy
Luckily the track got wetter and wetter during practice so when it was time to qualify I felt like a fish in the ocean. Everything started to go smoothly, just as i had practiced earlier. Managed to qualify 6th on the grid which was better than I had hoped for.

Race 1
Had a decent start but had to lift off the throttle way ahead of T1 so I lost a couple of places. From there on it was a bit uneventfull for me, until the pitstop. Pulled in at lap 8; I was running 7th at that moment.
Had a good stop, changed the two rear tires and headed back out.
I didn't have much hope for a good finishing position at that moment but the track started to get real wet and I noticed that people in front of me were having problems with grip. I decided to run my own pace and only in lap 15 I realised that I was in 4th place...Finished the race on that position.

Race 2
I was good off the mark from 5th but then the car almost did a 180 on me, had to lift and allow 2 guys to pass. Managed to retake one place and then found myself with Keith hot on my tail. I think he came behind me in lap 4. That was the starting point for one of the greatest battles I ever had in online racing. Superb driving Keith!!!
At one time I made a small mistake and Keith immediately took advantage by passing me only to make a similar mistake giving me back 6th place.
Keith and I pitted together and we exited with no change in positions.
After that I really had to make myself as wide as possible coz Keith was pushing hard. In the end I managed to finish 3rd and was real happy with that.

All and all I saw some great racing tonight and I am slowly but surely getting hooked to touringcars again. Thanks all.
Thanks to Eric and Keith for organizing.
Looking forward to the ATCC.

I've started my skin, not finished yet.
untitled-10.jpg
3-2.jpg
2-1.jpg
Untitled-3-1.jpg

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Qualified 15th with 1:17.7

Race 1

Lap 1: Jarrod gets off to a delayed start on the inside, that boxes Kevin in. Kevin gets tapped by Emil. For some stranger reason I am great-granny-shifting as I line up for an inside approach to Redgate with Robert on the outside. Willie plans on making it 3-wide on my inside. I ease up to give us all room and drop to 19th. Up ahead Philip taps the back of William on the approach to Old Hairpin. Both go off the grass on the right with William coming back across the track and into the gravel. Philip is able to come back on the track just inside the Old Hairpin, but this causes a great jam up. Philip slows up waiting and wondering, “Where’s William?”. This leaves me in 17th.

Lap 2: Fair gap ahead to Willie, Rhys and Robert running in a pack. Jarrod’s a little closer and I’ve got Timothy and Neil gaining on my tail. Jarrod spins up on the curbing out of McLean’s. Rhys is sitting up against the tires at Goddards thanks to a tap from Willie. Rhys has to wait for everyone to come around before he can get going again. I pass Willie while he waits for Rhys, giving me 14th.

Lap 3: Timothy is pressuring me.

Lap 4: Timothy makes a good run up to McLean’s and I’m making minimum gains on Robert ahead.

Lap 5: Timothy pits. It’s now Neil’s turn to put pressure on me. Robert is running away.

Lap 7: Now in 12th as I pass folks in the pits. I will be pitting this lap for 2 rear tires.

Lap 8: Come out of the pits in 16th, but that won’t last long as Abdul is on my tail. I let him by coming up to Goddards.

Lap 9: 14th

Lap 10: 12th

Lap 11: Robert is slowly gaining on me and Claudio is not that far ahead of me. Up ahead in position 6, Matthew loses the rear coming out of the Craner Curves and ends up on the gravel. Claudio takes evasive maneuvers as Matthew enters the track at Old Hairpin. I slip by both approaching McLean’s. I mess up my approach to Goddards allowing Claudio to drag race me to Redgate. Valor says he’s going to have the better line on approach (it’s wet after all), so I concede.

Lap 12: I’m now in 11th and pass Abdul who is riding in the gravel just before Old Hairpin. Pass Kevin who is in the gravel at McLean’s. Pass Ryan who is not having any fun after getting punted into the run-off at Goddards by Brandon. I pass Brandon on the straights while he waits for Ryan.

Lap 13: Now 8th and Robert is still back there. Pass Keith who over-cooked Old Hairpin.

Lap 14: 7th and now it’s Abdul on my tail after passing Robert who had gone wide at Redgate. This time I make Abdul earn the pass!

Lap 15: Which he does at Redgate. I’m now 8th and Robert is slipping back further being held up by a lapped car.

Finish 8th behind Abdul (won’t get to say that very often).

Best time 1:16.775 on lap 4

Now the Bad & Ugly

Race 2

Waiting for cars to line up on the grid. Where is everyone? Oh, crap! I’m number 1 (who made that rule?). Waiting for the lights to go out – the screen flickers and I make a false start. Finally the lights are out and I miss a couple of gears on the start and slip back to 8th. Mess up braking on approach to Old Hairpin to avoid the gaggle ahead. Get off track sideways and slip back onto the racing line in front of Neil. Since I have to do a Stop & Go, I try to find an empty spot before Goddards. Drop to 11th. Serving Stop & Go – Calm Down!!!.

Lap 2: Come out 21st and pass Will who had trouble at Goddards.

Lap 4: 19th and trying to gain on John. John over-shoots entrance at Goddards and I almost follow him, only I impact the tire barrier sustaining front left suspension damage. Now I have a stock car that doesn’t want to turn right.

Lap 6: Trying to ride it out until my planned pit stop. Pass Willie (lag?) but he is back by on approach to Goddards. Since I am pitting, I let him go. 2 rear tires and repairs. I come out 18th.

Must have worn the left front tire somewhat with the damage as it still doesn’t want to turn right like is use to. Now I just concentrate on allowing the leaders by without wrecking anyone.

Lap 10: Pass Timothy who went wide off course and McLean’s to let Abdul by. Now in 16th.

Lap 12: Time to pressure Neil who slips wide exiting Coppice.

I finish 15th, 1 lap down.

Fastest lap 18:367 on lap 13.

Overall Finish 9th

Sorry about the start of Race 2 folks….. My brain just started short-circuiting --- must have been all of the damp I have been running in all week....

It is clear guys that people have moved on to rFactor:) and you cant blame them really. The new LMS look brilliant!!

It is summer vacation here in Southern Europe. Btw, it’s about 40º here, I spent most of my time in the water :wink2:

The subscriptions will pick up in the last week of August....

...I think that the race lenght is to much for alot of people, and thats the reason they won't sign up. :)

That might put off some non-regulars of this type of events, but the core of it (about 15 people) won't be turned away by this and will only miss it because of RL impediments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back