RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What could have been a great race started pretty bad for me as I was hit full speed from behind by someone, who didn't practice, showed up 5 minutes before start and then after ruining my rear suspension at full speed in the 1st corner, rage quits and doesn't even take the time to say sorry. Bit dissapointing as it's a regular driver here I would have expected a bit more :(
Ok sry for that, rant is over...
After I picked up my game and was back up to speed I was in 13th place with my tail wobbling due to my suspension trouble had a lot of difficulty just keeping it on the track. Decided to come in after a number of laps and came back on dead last, just ahead of the leaders. I let the top 4 past and then tried to keep up with them till they stopped. This worked pretty well as I was in 12th place after everybody did his stop and managed to keep that place till the finish.
Sry for rant at start but just had to get it of my chest but dont want to give the wrong impression, I still had a great race and it again was a pleasure racing you all :good:

Thank you Andrew and RD for another fine Race event !

Surprises, they come in many forms, good and bad...

Quali: tried running dry tires and did 9th, I was happy with that, I guess I would have done about the same time with wet ones. I suspect Abdul used NOS, the man was flying sky high, way to go Abdul.

Race 1: did my best to avoid any problems running consistent laps, went to pits on lap 11 and came out 4th or 3rd, had a good battle with Emil and took advantage of a slight mistake of is. Finished 2nd, that was a very good surprise.

Race 2: as soon as the race started, no FFB on my wheel, thought I had put this behind me. I did the best I could to keep the car on track and decided that if I was to be near anyone I would let him by as keeping a straight line was very difficult, it was like drunken driving. It took every bit of concentration to make the race so in a way I'm happy finishing 6th but do I ever feel exhausted.

Running with you all was very fun, congrats to both podiums and I hope all had a good time. See you soon, I'll go back to that :thunder::goat::at-wits-end::quiet::bulgy-eyes::hammer: wheel and see what I can do about it.

Well that was eventful if frustrating! I had practiced in the Audi, but switched to Honda last minute.

Qualified 5th (Abdul did a stunning lap for pole).

Race 1, got off the grid well for once, 4th into the first corner. Keith goes off later in the lap while challenging for the lead, up to 3rd. I'm not sure what the tyre chioces were, or maybe my car was handling better on slicks than others, but I was much faster than both Brandon and Abdul ahead. Took me a couple of laps to pass Brandon and catch up to Abdul. I got a great run at him into the first corner, go sideways on the outside of Turn 1, just get it straight and bump, off the track, racing incident nothing more.

Down to 7th now, behind Matthew, who did a great move around the outside of Craners as I was recovering. I passed him a lap later after he tried to chop me off into Hollywood and almost span. I caught up to Will and Brandon pretty easily, Brandon pitted and I passed Will after a small tap in Old Hairpin, sorry! I was making up my tyre stategy as I went along and decided on new wet rears but keep my front slicks. Wrong move! Cue many understeers into gravel pits en route to 13th at the finish. Keith had mega oversteer and we shared many comedy moments, passing and repassing :).

Race 2 - no question of tyres this time, it was very wet. Everyone tippie-toed around Turn 1 and down Craners until two incidents happened which left me very much the worst off! First Michael C went sideways through Old Hairpin, concertinaing everyone, I got suspension damage off the back of Jarrod's car and then a couple of corners later I got shoved off the track with a silly move by Robert Isles! So I was third to last at the end of Lap 1 with damage. Great!

Worked my way through to seventh/eigth, passing 4 cars on the back straight at one point as they all span! Had a little tussle with Ben which saw him almost bump me off at McLeans and then hit me at Goddards, making me clip the tyres as a result, I must remember to rub off that target on my back bumper.

Claudio had pitted late and lost track position, but he was fresher than me and we had an excellent dice for three or four laps, him being close but never touching me, very clean Claudio, absolute gentleman, especially after others! He got past on the last lap as he did the switchback at Redgate/Hollywood and I went off at Old Hairpin not being able to see the corner through his spray lol. I held on for 8th which wasn't so bad I suppose.

I love this track and I really enjoyed the wet - thanks RD and Eric and everyone who came out to play!

Glad I did okay and didn't hit anyone off after battling with myself most of the night. Only two hours sleep in a bloody hospital last night, having to work late, dealing with upset friends and taking caffeine pills to stay awake for this event, I'm glad I did because having such a full field really cheered me up! Thanks guys!

• Matthew Trivett

Great Race guys! A great first experience for me! I will surely be out much more. Not much to say other than that I should probably pay attention to my tire choices!

As for Ryan SORRY for chopping you off in race 1. It was the first race that I've ever used virtual mirrors in, and they don't come with the "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" warning... Didn't think you were up on me!

First off just trying to get on to the track in practice before race was an event in its own. They say that lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot twice. Well it did for me! And its name was Ryan Callan! LOL jk All good man! :)

Well after running 270+ laps in practice during the week. Felt really good about the track. Thanks to Brandon for uploading his ghost in TT as that helped during the week to learn the lines and braking points. Also thanks to Abdul, Brandon and Jarrod for helping get a C30 wet setup for me.

Here comes qualifying. And was really focused during my hotlap and when I cross the finish line I finish with a lap of 1.15.9. And qualify P4 behind Abdul, Brandon and Keith. Get off to an ok start as Ryan makes up one position on me and moves me down to 5th. Settle into a groove and I am actually running with the Top 5 guys. Have opportunites to pass but decide against it as I just want to be up front with them. Then something weird happened, game ended up freeze for 2 secs and Keith and Ben literally run right through me and fall back to 6th. Got a stop and go penalty in the pits and wondered why. After race asked Jarrod about it and possibly I came into the pits too fast. Guess it was a sign of bad things to come. Now when I come out the weather is getting even more slippery hit the rumbles and end up hitting into the tires and my race ends. DNF!

Second race, start P22. And now all I'm thinking is to just finish the race. Get off to a good start. Then I space out on my braking point and have to swerve out of the way to avoid a wreck. Did see a BMW 87 behind that I could have cut off. Don't know who it was. Sorry about that. Move up to 12th place in the middle of the race and in front of me Jarrod spins out towards the end of the track and end up hitting him then see Rhys in my rearview and move to avoid getting hit. Settled into a good groove at the end and start to pull off some fast laps. End up finishing 12th.

Race night was full of excitement (qualify P4 and 6 laps of running with the top guys) and dissappointment (wrecking car in first race). But it is what it is. Learned alot about my racing and my fellow drivers as well. Wasn't a big fan of racing in the rain but after this one feel more comfortable with it. Well now it's onward to next week's race.

Thanks for the race everyone! And to Eric and Keith for setting it up again!

Great evening for me

Qualification 3rd:
A lot of people distributed on the track) and it is hard to make a lap without falling behind somebody and I do not find the means to take advantage of a lap where i'm alone without making an error.
Finally, the problem is the same for everybody and I succeed in keeping the 3rd time equally with Tusting :p ) and 0.018s behind my team-mate.

Race : :first:
Great departure in the I spend both first ones (I took up a kit N.O.S. bus she not do not accelerate fast this mini :p).
Impossible of picked up my team-mate Seb (during 40 min we shall not be furthermore taken away of 1.5s).
Farther a small distance racks itself with Tusting but it remains threatening all the same. Further to a great braking Seb spends me in T1 and it is has at me to put him the pressure.
Regrettably Seb is collided while he takes a lap :)o) and I take advantage of it (meanly :p) to to take back the head.
I bring in then in the stand some laps farther.
When I come out I see Tusting in front of (great pit-strategy!!) but he is clamped in 3rd position and I take advantage of the his battle against 1st and 2nd to get closer quickly.
Then big battle with Tusting, I feel a little faster in the 1st sector but he is very hard to double on this circuit and Tusting leaves no opportunities.
( In brackets, I found in certain moment your limit protection by closing curtly some gates obliging me has to brake hardly to avoid the contact and several changes of trajectories, of the blow I am sorry but I have of to double you " in the shoehorn " because although in side of you came to clamp me has the inside, I did not have a place anymore in my left there were only gravels).
And after it belongs to me to close a little the trajectory and to provoke the contact (it was a little bit optimistic from your part but regular), forgiveness for that :ohwell:.
Seb takes advantage of it to return on us and I make a series of laps profoundly to put a maximum of distance with my prosecutors because I know that it are going to slow down by fighting.
I cross the line by being able to manage a small advance in the last laps.

Running very hard and testing against two drivers really very hardly for me. And nevertheless great battle against both (I had no single moment of rest before the last 3 laps).
Thanks to all those who participated and in Andrew, more specially, for the organization :thumb:.

• Eric Soeters

Eric quietly get the optional tow bar package from the MINI factory.:secret:

When the pole sitter is looking at the sexy GRid Girl holding his # board, :sleepy:just attach it to his hitch and your quicker than ever witha real chance to win in the last 100 feet!

hey how could I not help out a guy named Eric!:noidea:

Already got it. I also got the bi-fuel jet pack for on the long streight... If you want I can give you a push on the streight?

WEll great race all Qualified 2ND which was good other than abdul had a stunning lap amost a second quicker. GJ

Race 1 had a consistant run started on wets hoping for the rain to start but it did not was able to hold some people off for a bit but the guys on dry tires were to fast and about lap 4 my tires were too hot. made pit stop on about lap 6 to change fronts as rain had started to fall thought after pit stops i would be good but got into some icidents that slowed me down and finished 5th which i was surprised thinking i was going to do much worse after spinning through grass.

Race 2 saw a crazy but clean start up front gj guys! and settled in about 4th had a good car and after a lap or two it showed catching and passing the guys in front. after pit stops i saw myself in first and just crusing with an good lead the track was starting to dry up and i was runing my fastest laps after my stop. I was out front for the last say 4 laps and came away with race win. Over race i won as well and I am happy as hell wining 2 races in a row against some of the best drivers out there. I had my troubles as well but being consistant and keeping he car on track was key.

Lets see if i have the speed to go 3 in a row now with this mo mentium on my side but it will be hard as everyone is getting faster and more consistant now with some races under their belts.

I enjoyed the race regardless of drama ;). My usual low standard of mini control.
As I said earlier sorry Neil for the shunt in T1 somewhere in the middle. Missed the brakes while looking at RTT. Started to go to the inside to avoid but figured you would end up turning in to me. changed my mind which unsurprisingly resulted in me going straight into the back of you :doh:
Also to Bjorn and Nuno for messing you around by lapping you and then driving straight off the track shortly after, going through the whole process again :heh:

no problem about that matt.. there was no fight yet between me and nuno because he was to fast for me today hahahha

Terrible races for me this morning:(.

Nothing much to report from my lonely and poor performance. I'm lacking any running during the week nowadays and the wet weather meant I was going in a bit blind and just got frustrated with my lack of pace.

Just want to apologize again to William Yunck for pushing him off b4 the Old Hairpin on lap 1 Race 1. William got a bit of a slide on and backed outof the throttle and I wasn't able to react quick enough and guided him onto the grass and into a big spin. I waited for him to catch up, but unfortunately he'd pretty much gone straight through the gravel trap on the outside and it was probably quite a struggle to get out of it:(. We were well back by the time he'd dug his way out!

Also to Neil Tennant who I made contact with in Race 2 and then again later when he'd run wide and was trying to catch himself from a spin only for me to turn him around anyway:(. So big sorry again to the both of you.

Some gr8 clean driving by the rest of the field and I'm really looking forward to the clocks going back for the winter so that I can take part in the midweek races and get my focus back a little. At the moment the 7 GMT start in the week means 8 BST in Britain and I leave for work at half 9 for my night shifts so I miss them.

Thanks to Eric and Keith again and I'm sorry I fell short of our standard 2day:(.

Cya next weekend :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back