rF2 Sunday August 16th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Silverstone

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready on my racing room

s2qphl.jpg

2hreov8.jpg

My report from yesterday's race:

I decided I'd give the Spyker a run as I had taken the Porsche on wednesday @ Bahrain. Was early on the server to make a setup and felt comfortable with it. Tough to run against all those Porsches :).

Qual: Was a nice qual, Kyle was quick, but I was able to beat him by 0.006 sec with the Spyker. Spyker on Pole!

Race: Difficult in the beginning, some slower lmp's were right infront and even holding up the GT2 field, I had a fight with Tim in the early part, was nice fighting :). Once I got my hard tyres heated up I was able to run away slightly, but then a GT1 spun, I believe he made a U turn and I had to avoid a heavy collision, but still he hit my side.....slight damage and my lead was gone again, then the same GT1 passed again to spin 2 corners later and again had to avoid, but again he hit my side (otherside this time hehe), again lead was gone had to start over again. Then it was pitstop time and I left my tyres on and got myself 18 sec lead with that.

The gap stayed around 16sec all through the 2nd stint, just last 2-3 laps the rear tyres were absolutly gone, no more colored squares and last 2 laps I had to take it easy and carefull not to spin, come to think about it I didn't run TC throughout the event, so maybe I made it myself more difficult than it had to be :laugh2:.

Then for 3rd stint I noticed I had to save fuel, so dropped boost and easy on the revs. Though Sean stepped in the Porsche and he was pushing, I said to myself if the gap was 15 secs I would turn up the boost again. I had some difficult times with lmps at the same time, some I let pass, but they spun like 2 corners later and lost valuable time to Sean a few times.
But then I saw in my screen that Sean had left the game, so after that I was able to take it abit easy. I even dropped the pace too much and got sloppy, kissed the wall one time and nearly spun a second time.....so then I got concentrated again and got back in the rithm. I didn't really knew who was the 2nd GT2 anymore, but I knew I was still in the lead.

Last stint, it got darkish so I put on my lights, then I saw Bram's message to someone to turn his lights off, so I thought, arghh guess me too, so I did, but it was too darkish for me, so after few laps turned them back on.

After that, checkered flag and took the GT2 win in the Spyker :victory:.
Thanks Bram and staff for organising the event, was fun to race.
Server was great imo, didn't notice lag or anything. :good:
Grats to all finishers and winners in class. :bye:

Server was great imo, didn't notice lag or anything.

Yes, it kept performing fantastic even with so many slots filled during the beginning of the race. I am super happy that we finally were able to stress the server like that. Even with players from all over the world connected it was perfect!

Btw Wilfred: next race Panoz :D ?

Yes the mod supports 104!! Very well thought because when all slots (lets say 40) are taken and drivers need to swap the server is filled with 80 people :)

For most tracks 52 is the maximum amount of slots 2x = 104

Had a great start, went easy, and no problems. Then halfway through the track, theres a slow P2 ahead of me (A Blue Courage), which I thought would easily outbrake me (LMP2s do that, being much lighter), but that didnt happen, and he braked earlier than I thought and I hit him. I stayed put on the grass, letting him and everyone else go by. Now in 43rd, I had to play catch up. I would encouter him a few more times later on, and was somehow putting faster laps down each time. Somehow managed 4th in GT1 in the end :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back