RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It was so fun! Had a battle with Gary through the whole race which made this one of the best races in a long time. :) Wasn't even interested about podium because that fight was so much better stuff plus these cars have so hard slicks than you can take it sideways whole 45 minutes without destroying them. :p

Thanks!

Here are some screenshots. That yellow car hardly ever goes straight. :)

Attachments

• capture_2009-11-02_00-18-02.jpg
    capture_2009-11-02_00-18-02.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 166
  • capture_2009-11-02_00-18-42.jpg
    capture_2009-11-02_00-18-42.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 162
  • slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 157
  • capture_2009-11-02_00-30-33.jpg
    capture_2009-11-02_00-30-33.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 174
  • sideways.jpg
    sideways.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 139
  • back to normal line.jpg
    back to normal line.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 153
  • lapping.jpg
    lapping.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 139
  • capture_2009-11-02_00-26-56.jpg
    capture_2009-11-02_00-26-56.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 159
  • capture_2009-11-02_00-36-06.jpg
    capture_2009-11-02_00-36-06.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 174
  • capture_2009-11-02_00-37-21.JPG
    capture_2009-11-02_00-37-21.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 155
Yves, I just checked the RD server it's kicking again with the Volvo buddy? This is a RD server problem as I don't get this in our team server nor others, I think steam needs updating server side mate.

Server side steam should be, Version 55/1011 on the dedi box same as your own client :)

Matt that doesn't explain why some can pick the car and some can't, one little question is your dedi server running with the expension or the bundle ? that can explain things.

Edit: and just to make sure i checked the version and its the same as yours so thats not the problem.

Yves, I just checked the RD server it's kicking again with the Volvo buddy? This is a RD server problem as I don't get this in our team server nor others, I think steam needs updating server side mate.

Server side steam should be, Version 55/1011 on the dedi box same as your own client :)

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USMC
Class: US Muscle Cars (race)
Track: Okayama
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Special note
you need Race On to enter that event and that you can choose the car of your choice in the US Mucle club class

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. George Mastrokostas
  3. David Ignjatovic
  4. Bram Hengeveld
  5. Martijn van Bommel
  6. Michal Szabo
  7. Martin Kraaijenbrink
  8. Hannu Karesola
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Emil Bønnerup (maybe)
  20. Nicolas Hamilton (maybe)
  21. Marius Neverauskas (maybe)
  22. Pierre Higgins (maybe)
  23. Tim Ling (maybe)
  24. Dan Coldrick (maybe)
  25. Lee Downham (maybe)

People are going to die on this track, Yves. The US Muscle cars don't turn. I feel like I've wasted $25 on this game. I am disappointed, SimBin.

Sean your in title of your opinion but i think its all come to the driving style and the way you approach those car, an exemple of what i mean is if you take a Nascar and try to drive and set it like an F1 you would say that the car doesn't turn, doesn't brake and doesn't stick to the tarmac. i've been a fan of the Camaro cup and i,m now a fan of the US Muscle club and i can tell you that if you would change your driving style and adapt it to the car instead of trying to adapt the car to your driving style you would find that the car does turn, does brake and does hold to the tarmac in its own way.

I'll have to keep trying those cars, but they just don't feel right. None of them seem to do what I want them to, or have any real interest in turning. Any tips? I am severely disappointed in this game. Although I really enjoy Formula Master.

thats the spirit :good: if your free tomorrow night Sean i'll setup a server at Road America with the car and will get some lapping and give you some general tips about those car. just pm me to let me know when its possible for you and anybody who will want to join :smile-big:

I'll have to keep trying those cars, but they just don't feel right. None of them seem to do what I want them to, or have any real interest in turning. Any tips? I am severely disappointed in this game. Although I really enjoy Formula Master.

Hi Yves,

pls put me on reserve.

Just had my internet connection back. (kpn disconnected me for several days while upgrading my connection)

i do not have my phoneline yet, so its better to go as reserve because kpn didnt upgrade the line, so still have a slower internetconnection.

Hopefully i can run some test this evening.

(also the reason i didnt appear on the muscle car race yesterday)

phone is working again.

...close behind Lee at Caroussel when the car ahead goes full side on to a near halt,Lee just clips him a tiny bit and gets out wide,just as im about to arrive and do the same the car disappeared,the guy who span it must have went for esc key the instant he stopped,so i get away with it all ...

Twice in as many days have I had cause to call you a lucky bar-stool mate - that clip was just enough to push me out wide and at the back of the pack, and would have ended your race before it begun by the sounds of things, you lucky man you :)

Nice to have quali'd in front of you too bud for possibly the first time ever, and shame I couldn't have had more fun racing you and Hannu on track :rolleyes:

BTW Hannu - nice screenies mate - thanks

If I am free next Sunday, and as insane as this is gonna be, I am well up for giving Nords a shot in the Muscle Club :thumb:

EDIT: Just a thought - you might actually put some people off with this combo mate. Maybe to help get people into them a bit more you could change the venue to somewhere slightly less overfacing ... like the other new track, Okayama perhaps? (and my comments about Detroit below were made before this one).

... we need Detroit 88 in Muscle Club mate ... take these babies home! :rotfl:

Sean ... a few tips from what I sussed so far driving these things:

• Get off the gas/throttle sooner and leave more braking distance than with other cars
  • Don't downshift too early/hard, you will lock the rear up too much and spin out, although trail braking will help stop these beasties (GPL stylee)
  • Finish braking early, then let the car settle momentarily before trying to turn in
  • On corner entry the cars understeer, so most corners require a bit of a flick to get the cars to turn in (and they will not wanna turn in if you are still braking)
  • Slightly sideways is "normal" ... once turned in you need to oversteer these babies with the throttle and rear wheels to get them to turn and exit a corner faster.
  • Use the torque not high RPM's ... try running things one gear up from where you feel you would normally run (eg 2nd not 1st)
BTW ... I am not keen on the default in game setups for Muscle Club, probably just me but try those posted by Yves and have a twiddle with ARB, springs and cambers to see if you find something more driveable or what suites your driving style :)

Good luck mate ... and I promise you that once you get the hang of these things, they will make you grin from ear to ear when you land a corner spot on :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%