RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It was good fun tonight :good:
Had to work hard to get pole and only just nicked it from Peter in the last few seconds by 0.001 :victory:

Got piped by Peter off the line but he outbraked himself at the hairpin and i got the lead back and stayed there until the end.

Race 2 i got a great start and made it to 3rd very quickly, managed to out drag Michael on the straight to grab 2nd then watched Peter open up gap in front of me and for a while he looked like he was going to drive away but i guess he made a mistake and i closed a bit so i started pushing like hell hopeing he would make another and he did so i was up to 1st but it was short lived as i crashed the next lap and had to pit for repairs after that it was just fun trying to catch the cars in front and trying to get the fastest lap again, i did both only to slide off the track again on the second last bend :embarrassed: and loose the place i had just gained.

So a good fun nights racing with a car track combo that was one of the best :good:

thx to Yves for setting up event, and more especially the guys that turned up, Yves. Oh yea, also thx to RD who without them this wouldn't have taken place, thx guys. :thanks:

Now the racing: :honk: :honk:
Race 1:
qualied 4th and made a great start, not easy in these beasts. now upto 3rd and approaching the hairpin. See someone go staight on and now upto 2nd. All going well for a couple of laps following Neil when approaching the right hander ofter the back straight he makes a slight mistake and I think I might be able to cut underneath him but get slightly too much gas a lose the back end, try to save it and hit the fence on the right hand side. Gather it all up and get back on track but wasn't aware of Peter coming up the inside of me and we touch, very sorry Peter :foot-in-mouth:, hope there was no damage done. I now have a suspension issue and after trying to drive though it for a lap decide to come into the pits to try a fix as I am now last. That didn't go well at all, as I forgot to add my pitstop presets before the race, and duly got a stop & go for speeding in the pits. Go round another lap and come into pits to serve it and it wouldn't let me so I thought best to end race there. Placed 6th in the end.

Race 2:
Started in 2nd, due to reverse grid. Not a good start and lose 2 places, now in 4th. Following Neil and Peter manages to get by Michael who started on pole. Now coming onto the start finish straight Michael makes a little mistake, after race found he was runing a big wing, both Neil and myself manage to get by him due to his lack of straight line speed. Now start to have a battle with Michael for 3rd place as he is fast down to the hairpin but I have the speed round the rest of the track. We swap place a few times, great racing Michael very clean, but eventually I manage to make a mistake at the hairpin, after pulling a bit of a gap. Didn't hit anything just got on the power a little eary and spun round on the grass. Gathered it all up and got back on track but saw Michael was exiting the hairpin so let him through. Now back to 4th again and following Michael until I get past him again only to make yet another mistake at the hairpin and let him past again. Now there's a gap opened up between us so get my head down to try and close it down. On lap 8 it seem Peter & Neil have some kind of problem as I pass Peter round the back of the track and Neil disappears of the radar. It's now just me a Michael battling for the top step of the podium. The next lap Michael makes a mistake near the end of the lap and I manage to get by him. I'm now in 1st place and on for my first win. Trying to keep my head and not make any mistakes, keep the lead and last lap to go. Then on the back straight I look at my fuel gauge and see that I don't have enough to finish the race, s**t, I'm going to miss out on my first win and duly have to park it 2 corners from the finishing line, bugger. :excruciating::excruciating::excruciating:

Oh well there's always the next race but as you know these chances can be few and far between. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Once again, thx Yves for putting on this event, these machins are awsome and great to drive and thx to those that raced, you were brill.

see ya next time.

This is not yet a sign up, not sure whether I can make it (yet).

But when doing this track, during the RDTCC there were additional no overtake rules in place for this track which I think are very important. T1 (the very fast right hander) and the hairpin right hander in the hills (before it goes downhill).

Thx guys for the race it was fun!:)

Q: 2nd, 0.001 seconds behind Neil:)

Race 1: Started the race well but looked too much to the back at the hairpin and outbraked myself. After that I was following Bob and Neil until we crashed with Bob. Then I had some nice fights until I started to fall asleep and crashed the car in a corner so much that it became uncontrollable.

Race 2: Had some water in my face to refresh myself, it worked well for the first few laps where I managed to pull away but it started again LOL. Seriously I was too tired for this race, but still I had some fun:)

Thx Yves for this race and to all for coming!:) Grats to the winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%