Summer at the Nordschleife

Misc Summer at the Nordschleife 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bernd Graf submitted a new resource:

Summer at the Nordschleife - Improved textures, banners, colors and foliage

In anticipation of the 2019 24-rennen, I present a much improved version of the textures for the track. I hope it increases the immersion for everyone, looks great with the "Sol" weather and night mode, too! :)

View attachment 311523
View attachment 311522
View attachment 311524

No ACC, but definitely a lot better than the stock textures and colors! Files have been optimized and compressed for best possible FPS.

Read more about this resource...

Hi Bernd,

Fantastic set of textures!!!

I think the problems some people have with the brightness is a wrong track light config.

Just check your configs:
upload_2019-6-23_10-3-21.png

To be sure you have the newest installed, delete everything in /extension/config/tracks. The configs will be downloaded automatically.

Also be sure you have this settings activated:
upload_2019-6-23_10-5-27.png

and:
upload_2019-6-23_10-6-12.png

Hi Bernd,

I think the problems some people have with the brightness is a wrong track light config.

Just check your configs:
View attachment 311626

To be sure you have the newest installed, delete everything in /extension/config/tracks. The configs will be downloaded automatically.

View attachment 311627

and:
View attachment 311628
Hi Peter,

is it (now) safe to use the CM integrated option to download config files?
I thought it wouldn't be recommended because it was causing issues (in the past?).

Hi Peter,

is it (now) safe to use the CM integrated option to download config files?
I thought it wouldn't be recommended because it was causing issues (in the past?).
It works pretty nice now! The config source is updated every 24h. So the autoload is up to date now. Best is to delete everything in /extension/config/tracks and let CM load the latest version.

Bernd Graf updated Summer at the Nordschleife with a new update entry:

Improved textures, grass color and new trees

After 1.0 release, I'm uploading the final version of the summer Nordschleife mod. :) Featuring a few new tree textures, as much texture compressing as I dare for FPS (if you want higher, just open the .dds files and save them in an uncompressed format), new grass colors and textures (reflecting 2019 24-rennen colors...earlier years had bluer green for the grass due to greater rain), final checks to the mod and one of my custom filters to help control the brightness.

Be aware, my filter...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Bernd,

Just check your configs:
View attachment 311626

View attachment 311627

and:
View attachment 311628
THANK YOU, Peter. I've included one of my filters to help the problem, otherwise people can follow your recommendations in CM :)

Some installation instructions might be a good idea - have I just overwritten original Kunos textures? If so, why isn't this done as a new skin or a new layout? Slightly confused. Thanks.

A nice way is to create a folder in /content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/skins/cm_skins like "Summer" and put all the files from the zip /ks_nordschleife /skins/default in this folder. Then you can select this skin in CM at the bottom of the track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%