Sum up your 2011 achievements on RD

Follow up on the great idea of Ross here. :)
This thread is more what did you achieve this season RD. You won a Championship, got a great overall season result.
You won a race. You improved your consistency etc. What you want. :)

RDGTC S3. Finished 6th out of 31 drivers. Best result, 2x5th place.

Organised this League with Remco. Was a very fun League with good drivers. GT cars arent my best car to drive.
But enjoyed the Corvette. Went better through out the season and consistency paid off at the end

RDTCC S6. Finished 3th out of 30 drivers. Best result, 1 win and 4 podiums.

Organised this one also.
Think one of my best league drive ever. Next to RDFOC season 3, 2 years ago. Never really went wrong for me and i had always the feeling i got the best result i could get every race. Had awesome battles with Diogo Lopes every race. And i managed to beat Jesper and Neto ones. :p

WTM S2. Finished 6th out of 57 drivers. Best result, 4th place.

Very enjoyable season as it always is with WTM. Was a long season also wich i favour. Had some little problems during the season but consistency paid off again. With my highlight race at the season finale at Bathurst

RDHGP S7 - Championship winner with 2 wins and 5 podiums.

A real Championship. Didnt had that one since my early LAN league days with Grand Prix 2, 3 and Forza.
Was a great season. Wasnt the fastest (no poles says enough) but luck was on my side with Andreas Loffler and Ryan Callan running in problems at some races and the final. The racing against them and Ross was highlight during the whole season

Overall one of my best simracing years i think. Its gonna be difficult to beat that.
But my driving is improved again wich is also in the bag.

Well, tbh I think I got worse in almost every aspect:D

Maybe as an achievement I could say 2 top 15 results in WTM S2, and that I constantly improved until the end of the season. And because of that I finished in the top 30.
And that I found some pace in WTM S3 and got a top 20 result there too at VIR. But that's really nothing compared to my former achiements here on RD.

I have barely been racing this year, but my greatest achievment was in a club Race, battling with Henrik Horvath and David Zafiu for the lead at Spa in WTCC, I lead the whole race but with 4 corners to go my internet connection went. Kind of summed up my year really ;)

Sadly didn't have time to compete in any leagues, except the Nations GP pre-qually, where I came 6th out of 40 drivers.

But I have improved massively in pace yet again this year, since I joined RD I'm on average about 2/3 seconds faster on every track than I was 3 years ago. Every club race I enter I am in contention to win, but would prefer a great battle for any position along as its clean and fun. I will return to the racing club soon, I promise :D

Pretty much echoing Ross' last paragraph. I'm now a proven race winner and I'm almost always in top 10 contention at the very least.
I guess my greatest achievements were getting pole at the Watkins Glen round of the American Touring Car Championship and winning the Group 2 World V8 Supercars race at Barbagallo. The latter was hands-down the best online race I have ever had. I managed to hold off Martin Vrba for the win despite coming under heavy fire in the dying stages and nearly losing it at the final corner.

Slightly OT but I also managed to win my first ever drivers' championship, in an Australian iRacing league.

Overall, I didn't quite race as much as I would have liked to (due to school and other personal issues) but when I was, it was by far the best year of my, er... career. :D

Well, having a 4th and a 6th at my first ever PC sim online race... It was here at RD, the Boss 302 Series about 10 months back...

Of course my good results in the WV8S 2011, many Top 10 and two 5th place... My first league, I improved massively by the end of the season ! Championship result not important here as I was forced to miss 3 races, including a double-point enduro race... Aswell as having a CTD at Abu Dhabi, the first race, because someone flashed his headlights...

Then comes 8th place at Spa and 5th at Virginia in the WTM S3, in the Alfa :D

Overall pretty happy, and as said, I improved sooooo much :p

I won the Race Department Rally Championshp Rally of Hokkaido by more than a minute and a half, only my second event, beating the established "unbeatable" guys :)

I won every sinlge stage in the Race Department Rally Championship Rally of Wales, beating again the "super-unbeatable" guy

i just joined Race Department, there's more to come for sure :D

Good luck on 2012 everyone

Thoughts on my first season of online racing

came from bringing up the rear racing on a laptop with a joypad and stuggling to finnish races to mixing it with the top half of the field and bringing the car home safely more often then not, not just on RD, but also on a Stock car/ Banger league I run on.

Highlights for me have to be, First Pole on RD in a F VEE club race at seven hills (while still on a pad) My first win on RD last week in the GT3's at Autumn ring, even though there were only 4 cars and Winning the Figure 8 world championship in the Banger league.

Next year I hope to get more involved with my racing if work allows, maybe win some more races and maybe a title or two if luck allows

Got addicted.... To RD, to the racing, and to the community.

Don't know if it's an achievement, but it's what will stay with me in my memories :) 2012 will be a busy year :p

RDGTC S3: 27th out of 32.

Poor season for me. I never drive GT cars well and it showed here.

WTM S2: 20th out of 57. Best result of 6th.

I did better than in season 1 and really found some pace mid-season. Unfortunately missed a few events otherwise I could of been higher in the standings.
RDLMS S2: 34th out of 43. Never finished a race.

A miserable season for the team due to technical issues and I never got a chance to drive the car until the final round at Le Mans. However I qualified the car 3rd and took the lead after the first pitstop. From there I pulled out a 30 second gap to Matthias Maier before the second stop in which they changed driver and extending that to 1 minute and 45 seconds over Tobias Schlemo before handing over the car.

CES S1: 15th out of 50. Best result of 6th.

A truly awful season. For once I had the speed in Qualifying but every race I went backwards except the penultimate race at Magnificent Park where I actually finished higher than I qualified.
WV8S11: 22nd out of 109. Best result of 8th.

It started off well by pre-qualifying in 22nd and making the cut for division 1. However I had a bad race at Abu Dhabi. Managed to stay in division 1 and got 8th at Adelaide after a rather lonely race. Then it all just went wrong. Pit-lane mistakes at Melbourne, Eastern Creek and Sydney wrecked any chance of a good result there and having a huge accident at Oran Park when running with the leaders. Philip Island my co-driver and I picked up some valuable points with a solid drive but having to miss a couple of races, a disconnect at the Gold Coast and my co-driver injuring his knee a few hours before the Bathurst finale rounded off a bad season.

RDFPC S5: 2nd out of 29. Best result of 2nd.

My first open-wheel championship at RD and my best performance of the year. At every race I had a near perfect race, with the only exception being a technical issue forcing me to retire at Barcelona. Great battles all season with many of the top drivers and got my first two podiums in league races (3rd at Sakhir followed by 2nd at Montreal). I never finished a race below 6th (my 6 best league results at RD) and it was enough to take 2nd place at the end of the season.

My first entry into online racing was eye openning, challenging and rewarding..

Had a nervous start in the WV8S 2011 season. With run time errors and work commitments keeping me in S2 for the best part of the season.
Managed twice to finish 2nd at Oran park & Eastern Creek in server 2.
Picked up a 7th place finish in the Phillip Island Endurance race which is my No.1 Highlight for the year..
Made a lot of improvement for a first year guy every race.. Just hoping for more of the same in 2012

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back