Suggestions on cockpit rig for larger guy?

Hi all, I am new here and looking for feedback from larger racers on rigs they use. I am new to sim racing as well and for now just got a TM TMX Pro with the T3PA pedal set. Been having fun with Forza Horizon 4 and F1 2018 but I've been playing sitting on my couch wheel connected to a cheap folding leg table and the TV up high on the fireplace mantle. Not the best of setups I must say. Even with the minimal FFB on the wheel I am still fighting the table to stay still!

That has led me to review all sorts of rigs in the entry level price range. I am looking for a rig that I can upgrade wheels and pedal in the future if this is something I get into more and more which I think I will IF I get a better setup from the start that can take DD etc in the future.

So far I am torn between the Trak Racer TR80 or the Sim-Tek model of similar build. Any input on these two from users would be greatly appreciated. Or suggestions of other rigs I might not be aware of that would fit the bill.

Also, as for seats. Do these things all have a common mounting arrangement? If I get a rig and need to find a seat what would be good options to look at in the $200 range, preferable with a reclining feature? I am 6'2" and 220 lbs so I want a seat the will be comfortable for hours and not squeeze me to death.

I'm sure I'll have more questions to come. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give this older newbie! Looking for the best I can swing right off the bat because I know I'll enjoy it more and want to compete if I have a good entry to the sport.

Stiff

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years