Suggestions for Mustang setup at Laguna (very very) Seca? :-D

Yo guys!
Since I'm a total donkey with setups that exceed setting the brake bias and camber... :roflmao: do you have any hints to dispense that could help me setting the car to be more stable accelerating out of turns?
It's so dang easy to spin! :mad:

to feel the difference, you can start from using traction by 30% and then lower. Also soften rear bump, increase differential lock to 50% and more with coast at 40% for example, and dont push too hard throttle :D

... on a side note I can definitely say the difference with this and the "new" FFB is really tangible. WTTC and ADAC cars are absolutely another planet in terms of feeling. I hope they'll update them soon!

Anyway I found Laguna to be really technical... I'm not sure if I like it that much...it's quite unforgiving and serious. A bit too much for me

I've had Seca in a few other sims and it's a circuit I really like. I may have to buy that one and have a go at it.

EDIT: Well, thanks to some setup help from @Emilio Collavino I managed to get that beast around Laguna Seca and moved up from 750+ on the board to 581 after many attempts.

It is shocking how hard it is to keep that car on the track when you try to push it through a corner, it felt like NFS at times :laugh: but I got it down to a respectable 1:34.x with the aliens pulling 1:26s. I'll settle for that in a car I can;'t drive. :thumbsup:

Good find, as that was a great way to try the track out. It's pretty good and, assuming they made it more accurate, it seems some other sims (on console particularly) have got the corkscrew a little bit wrong/too easy.

That track is definitely on my 'to buy' list now. ;)

Last edited:
... on a side note I can definitely say the difference with this and the "new" FFB is really tangible. WTTC and ADAC cars are absolutely another planet in terms of feeling. I hope they'll update them soon!

Anyway I found Laguna to be really technical... I'm not sure if I like it that much...it's quite unforgiving and serious. A bit too much for me
Yeah i agree. I was getting frustrated but still having fun. The lines and how far you can push this car is not easy on that track
I managed to do 1m 30.332s , Not too bad but i know i can do much better in a lot of places in there.

It is shocking how hard it is to keep that car on the track when you try to push it through a corner
This is so true... I spun so many times before setting a fair time!
What I understood from this combo car/track is that you always have to keep as wide as possible, use the whole tarmac (which ends so fast when you accelerate out of a corner!!) and really, REALLY be gentle with the throttle.
The mustang is quite unforgiving and the so is the track. There's no "rest zone" aside the straight after the last turn.
Again, I found LS to be too much technical for my taste but I admit it's a great challenging layout... especially for the masochists! :roflmao:

I found I had to turn earlier that I was use to...if that makes any sense.

Not sure where or what my time is, but I I was fairly happy with it after a medium and short session. I think I can get a sec off of it, but I am at the point where I wipe out massively trying to make up any time from this point on.

Yes ...tough combo.......but great fun......all the corners are technical, so no rest and the bumps and braking at the top of the hill before the corkscrew is very tricky..... and the Mustang is pretty squirrelly.....I have a long way to go at 1.33:8!

Alright I guess I'm done with Laguna: I def need a shower...
1:28:074 is my best. I think that's my limit with this track/car
If anyone wanna try it out, this is the setup I used
2014-11-17_00001.jpg
Time to hit the sack now.
Cheers!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back