Suggestion: Use Discord instead of Teamspeak for voice communication.

Hi there!

Lately me and my friends have been using Discord as a better alternative for voice chat compared to Teamspeak. I can highly recommend it, some advantages compared to TeamSpeak:
  • It's free, for a site like RaceDepartment which lives off donations and premium users, every bit of money that can be saved is a plus I imagine;
  • Better voice quality;
  • Modern and user friendly UI;
  • Apps for desktop, web and mobile;
  • Extensive chat options (including sharing images and videos);
  • Ingame overlay
It's a nice combination of tools like Slack and Mumble so might be worth to take a look at? :)

Hi there!

Lately me and my friends have been using Discord as a better alternative for voice chat compared to Teamspeak. I can highly recommend it, some advantages compared to TeamSpeak:
  • It's free, for a site like RaceDepartment which lives off donations and premium users, every bit of money that can be saved is a plus I imagine;
So is Teamspeak.

Hi there!

• Better voice quality;
  • Modern and user friendly UI;
  • Apps for desktop, web and mobile;
  • Extensive chat options (including sharing images and videos);
  • Ingame overlay
It's a nice combination of tools like Slack and Mumble so might be worth to take a look at? :)
A few guys and I have thought about the same thing, one of the few issues I have with it, is that I'm not sure if you have a whisper feature, to talk to all channels.

They have added a whisper feature and also private (group) calls, other cool features like screen sharing are on it's way I believe. You can address all the people with the @everyone mention in chat.

They have added quite large amounts of features in the last 6 months and it's still being improved.

Reactions: Bez
Not really. We have a paid version with limited slots.

Discord is nice for some activities but I don't think it suits our site much. Chatboxes and communities don't go along very well. It would mean a massive increase in chat clutter that is now found in a structured (more or less) way on the forums.

When I answered I obviously meant it's free to the Raceclub premium members here. It might not be free to you but it is to the end user here or included in their membership fee.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back