F1 2013 Suggestion: Plugging in cars from older games

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

Only one game ever did a nice career mode...that was F1 challenge 99-02. They had models and skins and teams for respective seasons. It would be so much better if you could start your career at 2010, then move to 2011, 2012 and 2013. It would be fresh with the cars...the changing performance between teams, the cars look different...and heck...even new track calendar updated to the year. It would be so much more fun. Now..once I finish the first season (both 2010 and 2011), I stopped playing, because its the same freaking thing again. No change in drivers..nothing.

Codies already has the car models from the previous games. just make a real career mode. Give option to start at 2013 and repeat the current system or better...do the progression of years.

What do u guys think?

V

But totally worth it. The career mode right now feels so dry and the novelty wears off after 1 season. Imagine racing at the spanish GP traditional track and then the jump to valencia the next season. So cool. And now the lotus are more potent than the previous season. I think the increase in performance is already there. Its cool...in season 2 of my career mode, mercedes is doing way better. They just need to do driver line up refresh...except the player of course...and then new models/liveries. Totally do-able..if only codies bothered to innovate than just improve.

Eventually Codies will probably release a game with multiple seasons. They just don't want to end their exclusive-per-year features quickly. This year it's Historics for example. If they could did it, a multiple season feature must be possible too.

it's a really good idea and would make a great game. But i think the issue maybe with the FOM licence only allowing them to do the current season. I think i remember hearing Stephen hood saying that they cant do any driver updates within a season cause of the licence rules. To do it they would have to buy all the licences for the seasons they wanted to use, which CM simply don't have the budget to do. So unless FOM loosen the licence restrictions i don't think it will happen.

Yeah... I understand about drivers moving etc...which is why... just simulating the rosters from 2010 all the way to 2013 and 2014 in F1 2014 would be amazing. Just have the independent rosters...throw in a newspaper article at the beginning of the season talking about the new lineups and where the player is moving to...and thats it... The assets are already ready...just few changes to bring them up to the 2013 standards...i.e., mirrors/moving parts on cars etc...and we are good to go. That is the F1 game from Codies which I can see myself spending 60$ and preordering.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back