Suggestion: mod dependencies

Would be nice if mods in the downloads section had structured fields for their dependencies, maybe even linking to them directly if the resource is from RD itself. Certain categories such as skins and sounds could have this field marked as required.

For example, if I make a skin for the Kunos Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Assetto Corsa, it should list a dependency on ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs.
Or a track with multiple skins and lights, could list dependencies on both Content Manager and the Custom Shaders Patch.

So many times I saw a skin for a car, but didn't know for which mod it was. What do you guys think of this?

Last edited:
Would be nice if mods in the downloads section had structured fields for their dependencies, maybe even linking to them directly if the resource is from RD itself. Certain categories such as skins and sounds could have this field marked as required.

For example, if I make a skin for the Kunos Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Assetto Corsa, it should list a dependency on ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs.
Or a track with multiple skins and lights, could list dependencies on both Content Manager and the Custom Shaders Patch.

So many times I saw a skin for a car, but didn't know for which mod it was. What do you guys think of this?

Makes sense, but someone would need to manage that and I can imagine would take alot of work. I can't see this happening.

@Dave Stephenson Thoughts?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years