Suggestion for Ruud

I dont know if it is possible, but i want to suggest one thing.. exhaust smoke, like in gta, when you turn on the car, it appears.. to put in right place, the same way of flares.. with xyz coordenates, emission, color, power.. when you turn on the lights, the flares turn on together. When you turn off, the flares go out. same idea with exhaust smoke. :D

Yeah, like TDU has when you start the engine. I suppose this is just a small detail, so probably not on the top of Ruud's list at the moment.

Particles is definitely something that needs overhualing in Racer.
Maybe we can spare a nerd to develop a rock-solid particle-system.

It should be, and will be, on the list for future releases!

tire smoke, tire mark in the road (like pickup truck big size with 4 tires in rear - ex:dodge ram 3500 or a truck), exhaust smoke (like gta4), and fire in the exhaust (like gta4 - to simulate anti lag system or hi compression racing engines).

Mitch, if you and ruud want to change default car (lambo murcielago), you have permission to use one of my converted cars, ftw

thanks in advance.

Maybe better to put a 'hotkey' section into generic models? That way you can add turn signals, fog lights, etc. on whichever key you want, and Ruud doesn't need to add a new bit for every kind of lights.

I'm thinking maybe something like
Code:
switches
{
  key0
  {
    ; right turn signal
    input=e
    mode=toggle
  }
  key1
  {
    ; four way flashing
    input=t
    mode=toggle
  }
}
mode=on/off/toggle
input= single letters, maybe modifier keys (eg '^g' for ctrl+g) or the named controls (horn, handbrake, clutch, etc)
If it was like the views ini, you could even have something like
Code:
  key2
  {
    ; hazard lights on hard braking
    input=brake
    mode=analog
    set_on=0.9
    set_off=0.5
  }

Maybe better to put a 'hotkey' section into generic models? That way you can add turn signals, fog lights, etc. on whichever key you want, and Ruud doesn't need to add a new bit for every kind of lights.

I'm thinking maybe something like
Code:
switches
{
  key0
  {
    ; right turn signal
    input=e
    mode=toggle
  }
  key1
  {
    ; four way flashing
    input=t
    mode=toggle
  }
}
mode=on/off/toggle
input= single letters, maybe modifier keys (eg '^g' for ctrl+g) or the named controls (horn, handbrake, clutch, etc)
Code:
  key2
  {
    input=brake
    mode=analog
    set_on=0.9
    set_off=0.5
  }

I liked the first idea! but the second one is crap. Why? cause is a bit boring to calibrate things in view.ini. To add in car.ini is easier and look better than just a 2d image file in view.ini. May i add one thing on it.. the option to turn on the hi beam headlights.

maybe like it..

switches
{
key0
{
; right turn signal
input=e
mode=toggle
}
key1
{
; four way flashing
input=t
mode=toggle
}
key2
{
; left turn signal
input=w
mode=toggle
}
key3
{
;rear fog light
input=q
mode=on
}
key4
{
; front fog light
input=r
mode=on
}
key5
{
; hi - beam headlight
input=d
mode=on
}
}

and sure, when you turn on hi-beam headlights, the projected lights get brighter and stronger.

[...]
mode=on/off/toggle
Code:
  key2
  {
    input=brake
    mode=analog
    set_on=0.9
    set_off=0.5
  }
This again brings me to the conclusion that we NEED a "value_offset" keyword for dials and here in this idea for the hard braking (how would you declare the direction here, as you can't say for sure that 0.9 and 0.5 will especially be hit (comparison needed -> you need to know if it should be less or more than your value)?)

Yeah, not trying for specifics here, just the idea of putting the same kind of controls on generic models as we have for the views.ini flat elements.

For me the goal when making suggestions is to find something that is both a simple addition, and flexible enough to give content creators lots of options. If the views.ini can be adapted to use actual 3d objects instead of 2d surfaces maybe that's the way to go.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%