Sudden loss of traction at kemmel corner

Hi,
This might be a very stupid question, but i'll try anyway.

Last night I was trying the special event that puts you in the Bentley on Spa at night.
Each lap I would get a loss of traction on the kemmel corner (the light corner just before the kemmel straight, as you can see on the below image).

SpaF1-07.f8790385e69917207b1a12e00b639228.png

When this happens, I hear the ABS sound going off, which I think is weird.
I never really had issues with this corner because it is not really a difficult corner because it's not sharp and you already have a lot of speed in to so downforce will be high.

So why is there a sudden loss of traction in that soft bend? Is this normal?
I also notice this in the mclaren in the rain, where this even may cause a spin.

Hope anyone can help me.
Best regards,
K

When this happens, I hear the ABS sound going off, which I think is weird.

I'm guessing you mean traction control, not abs

So why is there a sudden loss of traction in that soft bend? Is this normal?
I also notice this in the mclaren in the rain, where this even may cause a spin.

Raining or still with a damp track? This might be an area of track that has a river of water run across and so causes a momentary aquaplane as you cross it.

edit - Yep, just had a quick look. There are puddles around the track (and are listed in the description), including there.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I understand that this might be related to puddles when raining or wet weather.
But it happens also when driving at night (the special event) in dry conditions. When there is no puddle. Is this still normal then?

I will try to create a video later today and test on dry day conditions as well.

Overall Kunos and company have....and continue to do a good job getting ACC up and running.
That said; There is still some 'weirdness' with respect to certain aspects of the car's handling.
It is good to have issues pointed out so they can attempt to fix it.
I had a short offline race this morning at Monza to test a few settings.
On coming through Lesmo 2 there was a car recovering from a spin.
It plowed into me causing my car to turn sharply to the left, which is normal.
Contact was made with a stopped car...now to my left.
Remember...this was all done at very low speed (that's important).
On turning the steering wheel to go right in an attempt to rejoin the circuit ...and even with very low momentum the car refuses to turn right...instead rotating fully to the left.
Even with the diff unloading and on gravel run-off that'd not normally happen.
You can see it at 2:06 of the video.

Sadly, I got rid of the replay after I was done transcoding it with Handbrake for the Youtube video.
The Aston pushed me nose-right at 2:14 and did not hit me again after that.
It was well clear...you can see him going away from the scene while I'm putting in the input.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing