Sudden blue screening

So yesterday fired up Assetto Corsa Competizione and was playing for around 20 minutes before i got some massive stutters then the sound hung and pc blue screened. At the time the error displayed on the blue screen was "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" then underneath it said "What Failed: BazisVirtualCDBus.sys" which after a search is to do with WinCDEmu which is a program i have installed but why would it cause it to blue screen out of the blue when the program has been installed for a long time with no issues?

After that and the pc rebooting it ran perfectly. Even booted up ACC to see if i could replicate the issue with nothing happening and it running as normal. No high temps etc.

Been fine all day today then fired up Assetto Corsa with content manager......started an offline race, running fine, good fps, fans not going crazy so again no high temps. Then all of a sudden, sound hangs and the screen just froze. This time the image froze on the screen and i didnt get a blue screen so had no choice but to turn off via power button and reboot.

The first time it happened (yesterday) it logged it in event viewer so i had hoped it would have done the same today but opened that up and nope. Absolutely nothing other than it saying the system hadnt been shut down properly and the event ID was 41 which is Kernel Power.

Hoping someone that understands a bit more can help.

What version are the HDMI cables? Could it be the new one was an HDMI 1.0 vs the xbox's HDMI 1.3 or higher? As an HDMI 1.0 would be at max capacity using 1080p at 60hz.

What version are the HDMI cables? Could it be the new one was an HDMI 1.0 vs the xbox's HDMI 1.3 or higher? As an HDMI 1.0 would be at max capacity using 1080p at 60hz.

The "newer" one was just one that was lying around and i believe was hdmi 1.0 so it would explain why i was having the issues.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 226 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%