SUCKS

I joined iRacing and don't have anything good to say about it. I like GT Road Racing and iRacing isn't the game for that unless you're a millionaire. I had to put up with that piece of crap Mazda MX 5 to get a Cadillac and Kia touring class racing but now the 5th week in a row if I'm going to drive my Cadillac or Kia I have to buy a new track and for the past 6 weeks 5 of those weeks were tacks that don't come with the game, $14.95 to drive well I doug deep and got Seabring the first week Brands Hatch the second week and then next 3 weeks this included I can't play iRacing Game because I can't put out $75 for tacks every month.

Don't expect any help from Support they replied that it was information available on the web site and if you've been to their web site you know how disorganized it is and not very informative they don't tell you everything and some info is just so idiotic it's impossible to follow.

I can not recommend this game to anyone unless you have an unlimited budget, the game and support suck!

So it sucks because you didn't do any research before jumping in and realizing you couldn't afford it?

You could have used any of the following resources before spending a cent.

Iracing home page, which has quick links at the bottom to all the info.
Reddit, Google, YouTube, here at RD etc.

The season schedule for every race series is posted 2 weeks before the the season starts on the iracing staff announcements/release notes, which is voted by the community.
it's also posted in each race series sub form and it's available when you click on a series in the beta UI and old UI labeled Schedule.

That's a total of 4 places it's listed.

Tho not the best the forms are pretty self-explanatory as they are all categorized and grouped by race deciplines

Ex. Road racing/ mx-5 or Kia
Now your in the specific cars sub form where people talk about that car or series

I don't see how that can be to confusing?

Also when you purchase a subscription it clearly tells you the content you will receive and that further costs are involved if you choose to purchase more content.

You must have been living under a rock the past 15 yrs if you didn't know iracing is expensive, espically to post it here where any iracing news turns into a thread about the cost? Lol

Last edited:
Hi 440 music, it's a pity you did not read the fourth thread on this forum, called "Thinking of Purchasing, price of tracks?" https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/thinking-of-purchasing-price-of-tracks.188223/ In it, I posted these lines some weeks back, this could have saved you a lot of frustration:
all of this comes at a price (which probably also keeps out a lot of players). the first year i paid about 700 Euros, the second one the same, ever since around 50 euros a year, as you can lower the cost by participating regularly and by having leased a lot of content.
It's a pity, too, you did not find out before investing, that iRacing is basically not a game but a service of online races which is what you pay for. I've been doing it for eight years and would always recommend it to others since I literally had hundreds of very enjoyable races, but also always say it like it is, as in my quote above. Hope you enjoy other racing sims / games more, cheers.

Last edited:
iRacing is relatively expensive but you won't find quality, drop-in, competitive, hourly races, at almost any time of day anywhere else.

Wait for renewal deals (25% off usually), iRacing credits deals (can be used to purchase anything; I think it's 2:1), participation credits as you race, etc.

I've been there 6 years and eventually you get all the cars/tracks you want and don't need anymore and the costs level out to basically the subscription cost.

The only downside for me is the driving experience, itself, isn't up to the standards of AC, ACC, rF, AMS, etc. Those games are enjoyable to just drive whereas right now iRacing is enjoyable in the racing. I just wish it could have both.

I only resubscribe on black friday, and i buy at least a years worth each time (preferably 2 though). It's the cheapest you'll ever get subscription for, unless you're a new member.

Regarding cars and tracks, you'll need to treat it differently than other games. Stick to one car and one series. For the beginner cars, this is not too bad, but if you want to race GT cars, this will can be expensive, as you'll be looking at at lest 12 tracks and 1 car, but some of them may be free. Check the iracing stats site to see what series get the most participation. I have bought a lot of cars and tracks that i will never race, just because i treated it like Forza, Assetto Corsa or Project Cars. Just treat it more like a carreer, where you stick to very few series, and try to immerse yourself into getting better at the current track of the series.

It is only the FFB that prevents me from liking iRacing. Not informative enough for my taste...even with iRFFB
iRacing have made it clear that their FFB provides exactly the torque you would really feel through the steering wheel of a real car. The do not embellish it with anything that you would normally feel through the seat of your pants - that's what motion rigs, buttkickers, etc are for - and iRacing drives those perfectly. Most other sims, on the other hand, will modify the FFB signal with other non-physics-driven cues in an attempt to communicate more of what the car is doing through the wheel. IMO, those "extras" tend to muddy the feedback to the point that I can't really understand what the FFB is telling me in a lot of cases.

But to each his own. If you've ever driven a real race car you would probably prefer the FFB in iRacing. If not, then perhaps not.

iRacing have made it clear that their FFB provides exactly the torque you would really feel through the steering wheel of a real car. The do not embellish it with anything that you would normally feel through the seat of your pants - that's what motion rigs, buttkickers, etc are for - and iRacing drives those perfectly. Most other sims, on the other hand, will modify the FFB signal with other non-physics-driven cues in an attempt to communicate more of what the car is doing through the wheel. IMO, those "extras" tend to muddy the feedback to the point that I can't really understand what the FFB is telling me in a lot of cases.

But to each his own. If you've ever driven a real race car you would probably prefer the FFB in iRacing. If not, then perhaps not.

Nah.

I think the lockdown proved it with all the pro drivers telling the truth on streams about the ffb and handling. And I'm a 6 year active subscribing member.

So much so iRacing had to tell their partners to tell streamers to be quiet about the game when on stream for official iRacing races.

It is only the FFB that prevents me from liking iRacing. Not informative enough for my taste...even with iRFFB
I can confirm this from another angle. Similar to irFFB, AccuForce has a Steering Feedback Foundation mode that is basically a custom ffb intepretation of raw telemetry data. In my experience it tends to make games feel closer to rFactor 2 (which is exactly the way to go).

In iRacing, it does actually improve the ffb somewhat, and does make it feel closer to rFactor 2, but it stubbornly refuses to reveal any more information in high force scenarios or understeer/scrubbing scenarios, which is critical to determine slip and be able to correct.

It really surprised me that even at the telemetry level, iRacing isn't delivering the level of detail needed.

I suspect their tire, linkage, or general handling model is subpar in delivering detail, rather than laying the blame on just ffb intepretation of raw physics. Meaning, at least the 'reporting' of their physics up to ffb is suspect, if not the physics, themselves (which has been amply shown to be lacking regardless).

I can confirm this from another angle. Similar to irFFB, AccuForce has a Steering Feedback Foundation mode that is basically a custom ffb intepretation of raw telemetry data. In my experience it tends to make games feel closer to rFactor 2 (which is exactly the way to go).

In iRacing, it does actually improve the ffb somewhat, and does make it feel closer to rFactor 2, but it stubbornly refuses to reveal any more information in high force scenarios or understeer/scrubbing scenarios, which is critical to determine slip and be able to correct.

It really surprised me that even at the telemetry level, iRacing isn't delivering the level of detail needed.

I suspect their tire, linkage, or general handling model is subpar in delivering detail, rather than laying the blame on just ffb intepretation of raw physics. Meaning, at least the 'reporting' of their physics up to ffb is suspect, if not the physics, themselves (which has been amply shown to be lacking regardless).
When driving a real car you feel vibration through the steering wheel from the road surface and from engine to some extent...even when you are not riding a curb or skidding. IRacing would be so much more immersive IMHO if it simulated this better. At least put a couple of sliders in for road surface and engine. High performance cars especially should feel engine revs and road surface.

How did we go from the op not doing his homework before jumping into this title. In regards to Cost, schedules and navigating the forms to complaining about the ffb?

Rfactor has good ffb, but I've yet to drive a RL vehicle on track that has a wheel that vibrates as much as that title or ever driven a car that has a ffb multiplier lol
There nothing more than games and the ffb comes down to personal preference and dependant on the wheel you use. Personally none feel as good or as informative than the real thing but I enjoy them all for different aspects that they provide.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

i hate iceRacing so much, it just "platform" (as fanboys want to call it "platform" or "system" or something like that that makes them feel better than call is just game at is is just another game lol) it just "platform" to make big money by devs, tis fo$$$$$ subscription lol and pay for other content, yo shall make game as racerrom which is free and then take money for content, or make game wit subscription wchich has all content.. but no lol tey made game which yo pay subscriptopn and pay money for content lol im so amazed so many people play it and makes losers of them lol and if tis had best physics etc i could understand it then, but it have so much worse physics than ACC, AC, AMS and even pCARS2 i just ice Racing even pro drivers tellin it them physics shieeet cars so unstable

• Deleted member 963434

Nah.

I think the lockdown proved it with all the pro drivers telling the truth on streams about the ffb and handling. And I'm a 6 year active subscribing member.

So much so iRacing had to tell their partners to tell streamers to be quiet about the game when on stream for official iRacing races.
lol i so agree tis nothing compared to real life lol
iv been using too high torque for a long time wit my DD wheel, recently i decided to lower it to 33% in all my sims and all sims feel pretty realistic, but iceracing not lol if i set force there to aroung 33% cars just slide and i dont even know how? its nothing like in real life, i shall set unrealistic force to "feel" car but its so hard force... i just dnt wanna talk abous it, its worst ffb iv ever saw, and physics cars just sliding like shieeet i think best guys in iceracing are just nerds who never drive fast in real life, im so angry at this shieeeet dont even know how to tell it, it just suck asssss tis foc$$$$en charlatans pumping money off kids

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%