Successful IndyCar Aeroscreen Test Completes at Indy

Look pretty ugly on first impressions, much like the halo in F1. But I am sure after it becomes standard I don't think it will be such a big eyesore.
no.... it will never look good or any kind of ok... this thing is ten times uglier than the halo! it is much to huge, much to ugly shaped - the front view is katastrophic!

The first screen without the halo inside looked way better. This is ugly and its RedBulls fault.

But a new car is coming soon... so it will be fixed for sure.
I much preferred the first screen too, but I believe Indycar was not able to achieve the strength rating they were targeting, realized they needed a reinforcing frame, and reached out to Red Bull. I can't blame Red Bull for that

I am hopeful that it will be better integrated into the car for 2021 but I am not sure what they can do to visually work around the height of this thing!

Sorry for the bad shot. And the utter disrespect to our friend, the hairy ant eater.
No way around it, that thing is a complete embarrassment, I think they came from the same mother.

Untitled.png

giant-anteater-facts.jpg

If they're just gonna go nearly closed cockpit, just go hog wild, bolt back on the Karbashians again and all the other garbage all over it they had and put the screen on. Thats what you can do with an ancient 8 year old Dallara chassis thats beat into the ground, you can just bolt stuff on it and push it out the door, like Mr. Potato Head.
Its so sad what these people have done to the sport, its a disgrace.

will-power-3-12-p3.jpg

To think what we had before, glad they 'fixed' indycar.

B9-Xll-Nb-IMAIZMm.jpg

Just have to say I find it really funny how people said the halo looks ugly and that a screen would've been way better looking. And now people say the halo looks better than a screen :roflmao:

Of course either one could be made to look better. Maybe that would also compromise their safety, dunno.

Also for those saying this is driving people away from the sport.. You think it's looks or safety that is driving people away? Hell, even poor racing isn't driving people away from F1! :D

These things look pretty awesome. anything for safety honestly. Honestly surprised to see that people are hating on indy, which has some of the best racing in motorsport.

I'm all for increased safety, but I see the shape and height of the screen and this is all I see:
Cars_Characters_02_Mater.jpg

Funny enough, those giant F1 hybrid cars we have today look weird now when I see the pre-halo versions...not sure if this screen design will grow on me over time though.

I wonder how they solved the backwash issue it had on F1 cars. Vettel, I think, reported the issue during a brief test in Silverstone. The turbolance was pretty annoying on the driver's head.
What is turbolance?
I'm trying to figure out which I prefer: The IndyCar or this:
upload_2019-10-3_0-2-49.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back