Subaru WRX STI VT17x Coming to iRacing June 5th.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The most impressively long named Subaru in history is set to be added to iRacing in a few days time.

The WRX STI VT17x Rallycross car from Subaru will form the latest dirt focussed content to be added to the online racing simulation service this June 5th, joining a steadily increasing raft of rallycross themed cars and tracks that have been brought to the simulation over the past 12 months or so.

With Subaru one of the most successful and important brands in rally history, the WRX STI VT17x is something of a monster within the family, tuned for the very specific and rather spectacular world of rallycross racing, this is a car far removed from the era of Colin McRae and Richard Burns WRC fans of the mid 1990's might remember..

Anyone interested in getting behind the wheel won't have long to wait either, the car is set to be released as soon as this June 5th!

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

iRacing Subaru.jpg

iRacing Subaru 2.jpg

iRacing Subaru 3.jpg

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to more rallycross content in iRacing? Do you think the simulation does a good job of simulating rallycross physics? Happy to see the inclusion of a new Subaru? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Why iRacing doesnt focus on improving the good series they have (V8,F1,GT3,Endurance) instead of trying to make content for a series that is almost already dead.... i dont understand.
Because nowadays in the simracing world, no devs care about pure physics and improving the actual underpinnings of these games, the deep-level coding and stuff. All the simracing devs seem to care about is content and graphics. Pumping out more cars, more tracks, and improving graphics.

Why iRacing doesnt focus on improving the good series they have (V8,F1,GT3,Endurance) instead of trying to make content for a series that is almost already dead.... i dont understand.
Agree with $$$...and possibly build up this area for the later inclusion of AI coming to iRacing so it has a good number of vehicles to attract new customers who like this genre of racing.

Agree with $$$...and possibly build up this area for the later inclusion of AI coming to iRacing so it has a good number of vehicles to attract new customers who like this genre of racing.
I think atleast the AI racing should be free, or atleast let you race when your online subscription is gone. it would be great, but as always iracing has no direct competitor so: $$$$

Aclaration: only with the content you already bought, for example i could race AI in sebring with the LMP1 and GTE cars if i bought them both even if my online subscription is gone.
Another thing with the subscription is that u cant even access the forums whitout it :/

Last edited:
Are they planning to do rally not cross in the future as well?
i think their dedication to laser-scanned tracks makes that a no-go. it takes them 12-18 months to do a 5mile track, a rally event consists of several hundred miles of stages, doesn't figure. Looking at what Codemaster did with DirtRally and some of the stages in WRC07, they've done a fantastic job. BUt comparing their level of fidelity with what iRacing does, I don't see it happening. One could be cross with them about this, but I'm not :)

I am not sure but it seems that attendance is down in general at iRacing.

not in Europe, about 4,000 each night weekends, more or less stable for ages if I remember correctly. they have a lot more series than before so these numbers spread out more, which leaves more servers not filled, which is a pity. But attendance in the popular series is still stellar. So, attendance is stable but does not follow the speed/arc of development.

Have you tried the irFFB “mod”? It really improved the feel of iRacing for me on my T300. Still not as good as AC or rf2 imho, but not bad.

Yeh it does feel really great, but the problem for me is because of the extra latency, I stopped being able to catch slides in the fast cars which were already hard enough to catch slides in. Decided that it's just not worth it for the performance degradation.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%