Stutters online after 1.0.4

Forgot about that, but if more than 50% of the users that updated had this issue I have my doubts if it can be a person to person issue...

I hear you!

Seems strange to me that files could/would go missing/get corrupted after running an install. Maybe I'm being a little naive.

You'd think the update process would be more sound after doing it time after time.

Once 1.1 is released, I'll delete ac from my documents and steam folder. Wanna start from scratch and have only the newest files and optimizations. But I guess car and track mods maybe I move to another part, not immediately delete.

Apps that display images are more prone to stutter (there's no way to turn off a message being logged every frame except to set your log write-only, so lots of disk writes), not sure of any other heuristics to guess wihch apps are causing trouble.

@Matheus Machado delete(disabling ingame is not enough) all python apps you have in the apps folder. I'm 99.9% sure that the stutters will disappear. Then try adding the apps you use one by one until you get the stutters again.
Got it solved after checking the files and doing a app reinstall like you mentioned, 99.99% are gone. Thanks!:thumbsup:
But there's no doubt that overall game stability had a drop after 1.0.4.

I just had my first online race after that update. Lucky me, all stuttering is gone now. It wasn't bad to begin with, but now it was all gone. Not happy to hear that many others find it worse now...

But back to my earlier post and that controller trouble. It appears that update had changed my pedal settings. No wonder it felt odd while driving. Allso screen resolution and refresh rate had changed.
I havent had time to play properly for few days, but those I noticed when prepping for race today.

I just had my first online race after that update. Lucky me, all stuttering is gone now. It wasn't bad to begin with, but now it was all gone. Not happy to hear that many others find it worse now...

But back to my earlier post and that controller trouble. It appears that update had changed my pedal settings. No wonder it felt odd while driving. Allso screen resolution and refresh rate had changed.
I havent had time to play properly for few days, but those I noticed when prepping for race today.
Also had to reset all my video and controller settings again, but I think it is minor issue compared to stuttering.

Had these freezes from time to time too, but not only in AC, had them in rF2 as well. I changed some Nvidia Settings yesterday (Render Frames Ahead set to "1" and Shader Cache "Off")
Had a race yesterday and was on track for around 2 hours with practise, no more freezes so far...

Had these freezes from time to time too, but not only in AC, had them in rF2 as well. I changed some Nvidia Settings yesterday (Render Frames Ahead set to "1" and Shader Cache "Off")
Had a race yesterday and was on track for around 2 hours with practise, no more freezes so far...
with render frames ahead 1 on nvidia, you also have enabled max pre-rendered frames 1 on graphics.ini in steam/assetto corsa/system/cfg?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%