Stutters online after 1.0.4

with render frames ahead 1 on nvidia, you also have enabled max pre-rendered frames 1 on graphics.ini in steam/assetto corsa/system/cfg?

My fault, sry! Had it set at 1 earlier, now it`s set to 3D Application in Nvidia Control Panel.
This is what i found inside the .ini

[DX11]
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0
MIP_LOD_BIAS=0 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_0=0.000002
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_1=0.000015
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_2=0.0003
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=3.0

yesterday i found a topic anywhere in the web that says this Shadercache function can cause these freezes if it`s set on. Render-Packages will be send to you HDD to reload them quicker or something like that?!
It should be inside the driver since 335, i´m still on 340 (downloading the newest right now :D) and it`s set on as default?!

Guys I'm pretty sure that the optimal setting is
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

The stuttering comes from your installed apps. Try to remove everything in the apps folder (back it up first so you can recover it) and see if you have any lags.
If the lags disappear, start adding the apps back one by one.

What also works is something a user here told me: uninstall any modded apps, then reinstall them. You will gain around 2 - 5 fps, and have amazing fps consistency. My fps variance is 1 - 2 fps, that's it, no more of the slow delays and fps drops.

In my particular case, I have a insane stuttering with Vsync enabled. Also noticed that with Vsync enabled only 2 cpu cores have usage, with Vsync disabled use all (4) cores have basically the same usage.
Myself and because I have Nvidia I have set the limit for fps (60) in Nvidia Inspector and in game I have it set for max with Vsync disabled, this fixed stuttering in my particular case and in this way the cpu usage rarely exceed 50%, when I have more than 50% usage is because some game apps are visible on screen, in fact some (when visible) are causing some weird cpu usage and also stuttering.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back