Stutters cured by Alt-Tab

Had a bit of a strange one today. Been having problems with stutters in ACC ever since updating to Adrenaline 2020 drivers last week. All of a sudden after upgrading my frames dropped dramatically. Unfortunately I didnt have a restore point to roll back, lesson learned! The game was running fine before the update with no drops in fps.

Been messing about with settings to try and get my frames up. OC my GPU helped but wasn't very stable. Today by complete fluke I realised the stutters totally dissappear if I Alt-Tab just for a second. I don't even have another programme running to switch between, just hitting the keys is enough to get back to smooth running. Anyone any ideas why this might be the case? Specs of my machine below, and it's only 1 month old.

Cheers

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac M/B
16Gb Ram running at 3200MHz through XMP
Sapphire Pulse 5700xt
Corsair 650w psu
Game running off an SSD

Maybe running the game in fullscreen is the thing, turn that off.

I use this on almost any game, to make it fullscreen anyway:
1576540281470.png

Thanks for your reply, but is this not just to stop issues being able to Alt-Tab out of a full screen game? That's not my issue, I don't have any other programmes running to Alt-Tab to anyway. It was a fluke which led me to discover that Alt-Tabbing fixed my stutters.

Well I've just tried ACC since updating to 1.2 this morning and the problem with the stutters has gone! Must have been something to do with the game files somehow.

Interestingly I've got an Assassins Creed game listed under the games list in Adrenaline 2020 which I don't own. The exe is pointing to ACC.exe, so not sure where that came from, but I'm not touching it if it's now working better!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%