stuttering since installing a mod

Hi to you all, am new here and so not sure if this had been covered before. Since I installed the FCM - F1 2014 Season Beta 0.2.1 mod from here, I get really bad stuttering, even when I do not choose that mod to run. Even if I choose lets say the p45 car at Silverstone it just stutters anywhere on the track. The only 2 mods I have are this f1 2014 mod and the gp2 mod. When I just had the gp2 mod installed there were no problems at all but after the f1 mod it gets stuttering problems. So I have reinstalled assetto corsa from steam and all is well again, I have no issues at all, my pc specs are
sabertooth 990x board, powercolour red devil 270x 2 gig gpu, fx 6300 at 4.5 ghz, ssd 120 gig for system, and 1tb for games, 700 watt tagen supply, windows 7 ultimate64, 16gig vengeance memory. All the graphic settings are all as stock when I first played, even when I upped to max I have no issues. So I am just wandering has anyone else here had this problem?

Did you install the F1 Hud app that comes with the mod?

Even if the app isn't displayed on your screen it is extremely heavy on system resources for some reason. Remove it and the stutters should go. I had the same stuttering issues + crashes and after removing the app the game ran perfectly again. :)

Seriously though, 15 minutes in a car with that app installed made the log file grow to something like 75 MB. A 75 MB text file! Playing an hour without the app and the file is like 30 MB so that's much more manageable. :)

Even if the app isn't displayed on your screen it is extremely heavy on system resources for some reason. Remove it and the stutters should go. I had the same stuttering issues + crashes and after removing the app the game ran perfectly again. :)

Seriously though, 15 minutes in a car with that app installed made the log file grow to something like 75 MB. A 75 MB text file! Playing an hour without the app and the file is like 30 MB so that's much more manageable. :)
Thanks for posting this.....I did not have any stutter but I was wondering why my log file was 130Mb.
Played for about an hour after removing the app, log file size only around 30-40MB.:cool:
Thanks!

I had the stutter but hadn't ever installed the F1 HUD.
I removed - RSR, RevHunter, Ovi Apps and Mini Apps and not had a stutter since.
WHen I get chance I will reinstate them 1 by 1 and see which was causing the stutters.

I got an feeling that the apps is never disabled, IE they are running even if not used in the session?

At least the F1 HUD did, The log file grew even if F1 HUD was not used in the session.
When I removed F1 HUD it stopped that logging behavior.

My log file before removing F1 HUD:130Mb! Right now: 1Mb (with no mod apps installed)
This excessive writing to the log file is probably what cause the stutter.....

I had the stutter but hadn't ever installed the F1 HUD.
I removed - RSR, RevHunter, Ovi Apps and Mini Apps and not had a stutter since.
WHen I get chance I will reinstate them 1 by 1 and see which was causing the stutters.
It's not necessarily a single app, I've heard complaints on the official forums that 2 apps using the same AC data calls will stutter much worse than either on its own.

The author of the OV1 apps just posted this on the ac forums:
Guys, I can't do nothing about the app that will stop it from outputting lines of code in the log files. If the app will slow your PC down enough that your experience suffers, please delete the app completely from the python folder (not using it while still having it there will still make it active -- somewhat). Even if I use another method for the gear changer, there still will be problems with the needle animation. Until I get my hands on the official dev tools for creating better apps with supported functions for animations and such my hands are tied.

I'm not an expert programmer and math genius to figure most of the things out that I would need in order to use GL animations (I have no experience with these), also, there's no anti-aliasing for those and it doesn't appeal to me.

If your PC can't handle the output (which is not something that it is inside my code -- I'm not deliberately outputting dummy lines of code in console or the log files), please delete the app altogether and use the less "graphic" apps available.

I'm really sorry, but at this point there are many things to improve, less time to do it and fewer tools to achieve what I want...

Thank you for your understanding.

sO it is that app, and it can't be helped. :(

Same experience here, deleting the F1 app got rid of most of the stuttering, however not completely. Still have the occasional stutter but now maybe only once or twice per session.
Also deleted the OV1 app and it might have reduced it further but I am not totally sure of this.

Hi, is there a way to fix stutterings caused by f1 hud app?

where is the file located.. i need to remove thanks..
Replay files are located in the My Documents folder. There is a folder called Assetto Corsa which contains setups, replays, settings and some other stuff I currently don't know ;)
Replay files are not saved by default by the way, so you won't have to be afraid of Assetto Corsa wasting your HDD space ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%