Stuttering Problems

Magic43

"Drive it, like you stole it."
Hey guys i have probs with GSC. I bought the game last year and i didnt play it for a few months. Now i have it new found and updated the game with the sync.exe. After all was updated i started the game and i was surprised. Great fps but the game was stuttering very badly. What can be the reason? I have a Intel Quad Core computer, a Geforce 660 Ti, 4 GB RAM and a G25. Maybe anyone has an idea. Thx in advance.

Cheers Rolf

I solved the problem. I had the time scale adjust to none and the stuttering was gone. I read it here somewhere in the forum. Strange or? Nevertheless thx a lot Fabio :thumbsup:

I solved the problem. I had the time scale adjust to none and the stuttering was gone. I read it here somewhere in the forum. Strange or? Nevertheless thx a lot Fabio :thumbsup:

Time scale and Special effects are the two biggest offenders. Try turning special effects to low or off because dust kicked up by cars especially at the beginning down the first straight on many tracks causes lots of stuttering.

I found that I got horrible stuttering at Johannesberg Historic despite having frames running in the 100-180 range and it was opponent detail that was the main culprit for me. Certainly effects causes frame rate drops but not the kind of stuttering that I had. I never got around to testing the time scale to see if it did it.

Edit. Nevermind, apparently the stuttering was the time scale which is odd because the stuttering would disappear after changing a few settings but just now it was there again so its pretty strange.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 167 7.8%
  • < 5 years