DiRT 4 Stuttering game at 90 FPS...

Had the feeling that the game stutters a bit from time to time for 2—3 weeks. Today I used an FPS—Counter to see if the FPS drop during the game. Lowered the details before and still had stuttering, mainly at Wales and Michigan...
To my own surprise I had FPS rates at constant 80 and sometimes even 110 and more, and still this stuttering...

Nvidia Experience set most details on ultra and I lowered them, guess that‘s why the FPS is so high.
Is it a known issue of the game or is the usage of a TV instead of a PC monitor the problem??

Any opinions are welcome

The latest info from Christina McGrath a few days ago said the community features might be coming "in a couple of weeks" (again...) and that a patch should be coming with it once it does.

She also once again mentioned the stuff about them possibly not being able to add some of the changes people hope for to this project, supposedly because powers that be don't like the idea. But that's kinda me reading into things a bit, as she was still very vague.

Personally, I feel like significant physics changes are the only thing that would interest me at this point. I don't care about any community features anymore, simply because they're too late *and* the underlying game is broken in my eyes. Just this week, I tried to force myself into playing D4 a bit more again...but no, I simply don't enjoy it at all because the car handling feels completely wrong to me :( It's not an enjoyable experience driving these cars. I have way more fun with actual driving in WRC7, despite its (still) many flaws, simply because the car handling makes sense to me and makes for an enjoyable experience.

Buying Dirt 4 might actually be my biggest regret of the year (when it comes to gaming/simracing, obviously).

... but no, I simply don't enjoy [Dirt4] at all because the car handling feels completely wrong to me :( It's not an enjoyable experience driving these cars. I have way more fun with actual driving in WRC7, despite its (still) many flaws, ...
afraid I am very much with you, Martin, pretty much the same here. I spent 50hours on Dirt04, so buying it was definitely a good idea, but after all the tweaking, the cars still do not feel as right as they did in Dirt Rally and the limited choice of countries feels worse than I thought, even with the terrain self-editing. Like you do, I currently play some wrc7, if only for the new locations. the car does not feel good either, but for 20 euros (halloween sale), it's absolutely worth it.

I knew the track generator seemed too good to be true. I knew that it would have sections, not individual corners, meshed together. That completely destroys the experience. Imagine if it had the capability to mesh single corners together, in different surface types, terrain and scenery. Same carcass of a corner, but skinned differently each time depending on location and on surface type to match. Would have been epic. But of course it's an infinitely dumbed down version of what was initially hinted at as being the savior of the sub genre of rally driving. Extremely disappointed. Have not looked at D4 in months and months.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%