Stuttering during replays...

Hi, i have some stutters in replays on rF2 with Nvidia GTX 680, i have almost all maxed out in game and game runs with average 90 FPS, anybody knows what could be or is it just a bad optimization of the game?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

If you want to record replays:
For this purpose i vsync (on video) at 60. It gives the best results for youtube at 60: Click here

The stuttering is probably caused by jumping framerates.

Vsync gives the best results. But some don't like input lag during gameplay.

You could set max framerate in the player.json file. To avoid jumping framerates during gameplay and replays.

Open the player.json with notepad and: look/search for: "Max framerate=..." Set it to what you want. Usually something around your lowest framerate and matching with your screen.

If you want to experiment with graphic settings. @Spinelli has made a tutorial: Click here

Note: each time you change graphics settings and load a track. It needs to rebuild the shader files. If you don't change graphic settings, the track will load faster.

If you want to record replays:
For this purpose i vsync (on video) at 60. It gives the best results for youtube at 60: Click here

The stuttering is probably caused by jumping framerates.

Vsync gives the best results. But some don't like input lag during gameplay.

You could set max framerate in the player.json file. To avoid jumping framerates during gameplay and replays.

Open the player.json with notepad and: look/search for: "Max framerate=..." Set it to what you want. Usually something around your lowest framerate and matching with your screen.

If you want to experiment with graphic settings. @Spinelli has made a tutorial: Click here

Note: each time you change graphics settings and load a track. It needs to rebuild the shader files. If you don't change graphic settings, the track will load faster.

Well, i have a 144Hz monitor, there's no tearing only game stuttering like hell in replays, during normal gameplay it's ok... thanks for your help.

Well, i have a 144Hz monitor, there's no tearing only game stuttering like hell in replays, during normal gameplay it's ok... thanks for your help.
The stutters are probably a result of fluctuating framerates...

Aim for the following formula:
Max Framerate (player file) = Monitor Refresh-Rate = consistent in-game framerate.

Basically, 144 Hz is partly a waste if you're only playing at 80 or 90 fps.

If you can't get a consistent 144 fps, then the next step is to aim for 120 fps (and 120 Hz and 120 fps max framerate), if that is still too difficult to achieve, then go down one more step to 100.

So...

Monitor refresh rate = 100Hz
Max Framerate player-file setting = 100
Consistent gameplay framerate target to aim for = 100fps

Do not use the 60Hz setting on your monitor; most of these 100+ Hz gaming monitors work differently at 60 Hz and it adds quite a bit of input lag, however, 100, 120, and 144 all work great/normal. I'm not sure about 85 though (in-case your monitor gives you that option).

Stick to 100, 120, 144 depending on how high you can get your consistent framerate to generally stay at.

Also, click HERE for help with big framerate improvements while hardly affecting image quality.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back