Stutter

I run a few AMS rookie events and this has been reported a few times by new players. It is caused by the built in crew chief and running AMS on a slower HDD rather than a SSD.

I had it myself and there is a thread on the Reiza beta forum with others reporting as well. So far everyone I have encountered has had an ssd but had the game installed on a hdd. Moving it to the ssd fixes it but for anyone with out a ssd that is not possible @Domagoj Lovrić

I
I run a few AMS rookie events and this has been reported a few times by new players. It is caused by the built in crew chief and running AMS on a slower HDD rather than a SSD.

I had it myself and there is a thread on the Reiza beta forum with others reporting as well. So far everyone I have encountered has had an ssd but had the game installed on a hdd. Moving it to the ssd fixes it but for anyone with out a ssd that is not possible @Domagoj Lovrić

I can prove that it is because I have beta install on a HDD and main install on a SSD (all else identical, of course). I get the little hiccup in beta, but not main. It happens only when the HDD is accessed, for example, the first time the crew chief says a phrase. The second time he says it, no stutter. Presumably there is some cache with limited volume, so at some point an older phrase may have to be reloaded. If not, pre-load the crew chief phrases into memory with the track and problem should be solved.

I don't have an ssd and spotter doesn't cause stutter thats whats puzzling me. One of drives i have is WD green that had some power management that i turned off in some "dos" tool. It would park it's head all the time, it was in some power saving mode. I am not saying that is the cause but just have my suspicions some power saving might be causing these spotter related stutters..

r.e. ams beta
I get a major stutter too when leaving pits & the spotter says something.
After turning off spotter (and i turn off timescale too - that's given problems with stuttering before), then all is smooth.
ssd, 1060gtx, 3770i7 8gb

Sata3 here, can't recall the brand but HDD is bought in 2014 and performs well in other tasks. Had violent stutter when the radioman said something. On SSD completely gone

i7, 16 Gb ram, 980 ti, win10 (OS on SSD too). Mysterious thing but I don't mind since I have my "high priority" games on SSD anyway and AMS is one of them

Sata3 here, can't recall the brand but HDD is bought in 2014 and performs well in other tasks. Had violent stutter when the radioman said something. On SSD completely gone

i7, 16 Gb ram, 980 ti, win10 (OS on SSD too). Mysterious thing but I don't mind since I have my "high priority" games on SSD anyway and AMS is one of them

I suppose mobo supports sata 3 also

Moving it to ssd apparently fixes it (for some, there are people who have issues with ssd), but must be something else that is the core cause of it. If anyone of you who still has stutter be so kind and try setting your power options (plan) to high performance. I, as said earlier, have game on HDD (two different ones, beta, main dev and main release), SATA2, and it all works without issues.

Same, high power plan in Win10. Just double checked. GPU is also in "Best performance" mode, from NVidia CP. Also cores unparked, I use commercial software called Driver Navigator to keep all my drivers up to date, not just display drivers. Actually it updates fair bit of drivers, that I would probably never remember (or even notice) to update manually.

Last edited:
[Had terrible stutter on my Seagate sata3 hdd, so bad that i put AMS on ssd and had no stutter, then installed AMS on Seagate sata 2 hdd and also had no stutter, going back to Seagate sata 3 drive checked power setting and it was on high performance, so went one step further and installed Jet Boost, went into power settings and selected Jet Boost. fired up AMS and NO stutter,do not know the cause but that cured it for me.

I had stuttering issues after the new dynohud and crew chief were implemented into the game.....only thing i found that stopped it was disabling both features in game.
Id get a big pause crossing the start/finish line than stuttering every time the crew chief spoke or a message was displayed onscreen.
Both gpu and cpu are set to max performance.

[Had terrible stutter on my Seagate sata3 hdd, so bad that i put AMS on ssd and had no stutter, then installed AMS on Seagate sata 2 hdd and also had no stutter, going back to Seagate sata 3 drive checked power setting and it was on high performance, so went one step further and installed Jet Boost, went into power settings and selected Jet Boost. fired up AMS and NO stutter,do not know the cause but that cured it for me.

This.

It's the combination of HDD speed, connection to motherboard speed, power settings. My HDD is not a high performance drive or intended for gaming (AMS Beta is only non-static storage thing on it). I still say some caching of the sounds will fix it for all ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%