Stutter with Oculus Rift

Hello Im having problems with stutter on my Rift after the recent Oculus update. After 1 or 2 minutes into the race it starts stuttering and becomes unplayable. I don't have this problem with any other games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

'Stutter's ' a bit ambiguous. so forgive me if the following is irrelevant to your problem.

As a starting point, I'd try all of the following:

Close down any open apps or windows on the desktop.

Tick Disable full screen optimisations on acs.exe > properties > compatibility. acs.exe is located in your main AC installation folder.

Make sure you're in full screen with Ctrl+enter. You can check if you are as a press the on windows key will fail to show the taskbar on the mirror display.

Try Ctrl+Numpad1 when in-game to force asw and see if that gets rid of it.

Ctrl+Numpad8 disables the extra virtual display for me (Nvidia 1080Ti), so you could try that before you start the game. The virtual display is needed for keyboard in Oculus Dash, so be aware you won't have access to a keyboard in Dash while it's disabled. You just restart Oculus to get the display and keyboard back.

Failing all of that, what are your temps' like on your GPU? Could it be throttling due to an overheat? Are your memory/disk/cpu resources maxed out or spiking in time with the stutter?

Do you have Afterburner (or any similar programs) running? I had bad stuttering problems in AC with my Oculus. It wasn't constant, but it was frequent and bad enough that it made playing very unenjoyable. I got them once every couple minutes, and sometimes more. After several weeks of trial and error I was convinced that it was a Windows update problem. I was very relieved when I finally realized it was Afterburner, so I close it when I run AC. Now AC runs very smooth and the only time I run into troubles is when I'm running too many AI cars at once.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%