Stutter Stutter or Smooth as Butter

Brands Hatch especially, even in practice screen stutter. I think it's not just me and maybe down to the unreal engine? I've tried all different things so if you're smooth as Butter, please post your settings and how you're eliminating it. Thank you.

Acer Predator X34p
I 7-6700k
Nvidia 1080ti
16gb Ram a lam.
And not forgetting my brand new Master Cooler 212 Evo

I tried this morning and no stutter.
All my settings are on high apart from AA on Epic, KTAA selected as looks better on my system. No ghosting and just looks much cleaner. Mirrors on Mid, Mirror resolution high and about 100 meters view distance with Foliage also on Mid I think..
Running with 19 AI
No sharpness or Blur, fps limit at 59 and it's pretty smooth. Can't remember it its better with v-sync on or off but will test tonight and report back.
Specs are; i7 3770k at 4.4Ghz cooled by a Corsair H100i v2 AiO, Palit GTX1070 running at around 1911Mhz but not OC'd, just happy there, 8GB 1600Mhz ram XMP with OS on SSD along with ACC

Didn't change anything ingame from 1.0 though 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, no issues. Can now even select higher settings as before with same performance (e.g. shadows, mirrors).

As long as I preselect a max. framerate in the game options I do not get any stutters at all (to get rid of disparity GPU / CPU calc speed). I use max 50 fps by the way.
Ran Brands, Misano, Spa yesterday, no issues whatsoever. Oh well, the occasional CTD after 3-4h of gameplay. ;)

I tried this morning everything on high apart from AA on epic. Frames limit 62 on my Acer Predator X34p 100hz, 19 AI mirrors on mid vsync on in control panel and ran better at Brands. Not sure about the new AA as it seemed to make my graphics card warmer unless I didn't have the fan set correctly in afterburner. Still not 100% happy yet but it's getting there and the ffb and physics are amazing. Can't wait just to be able to turn on and race where all settings are sorted but this is pc gaming lol! Does that ever happen :)

While I had random crashes with V1.0.1 but no freeze or stutter and +- 60Fps.... without changing anything with V1.0.2 .... no crash but freezes, stutter and much varying FPS between 30 and 62 Fps.

Once more I'll backup my Documents and Appdata and delete them... and see if the situation improves with new graphic settings.
For the moment, bored of trying anything with ACC .... as before, the ratings and mainly PC and SA were not saved and had to restart them twice.
If no improvement ... ACC will remain sleeping on PC until Kunos finally optimize it better.

Finally, maybe Unreal Engine 4 was a good choice for them and recent PC configs ... but with a weaker one ( I5 4670k - GTX1060 6GO - RAM 8 GO ) it's a real pain to get something decent with not any problem.
ACC seems to be promising .... but without a better optimization, it'll be difficult to really enjoy it.

Upgrading PC should cost too much for the moment: new motherboard, I7 CPU, new Nvidia GPU, 16 GO Ram and surely a new power supply necessary..... and keeping in mind that they will be meant to last a few years.

While I had random crashes with V1.0.1 but no freeze or stutter and +- 60Fps.... without changing anything with V1.0.2 .... no crash but freezes, stutter and much varying FPS between 30 and 62 Fps.

Once more I'll backup my Documents and Appdata and delete them... and see if the situation improves with new graphic settings.
For the moment, bored of trying anything with ACC .... as before, the ratings and mainly PC and SA were not saved and had to restart them twice.
If no improvement ... ACC will remain sleeping on PC until Kunos finally optimize it better.

Finally, maybe Unreal Engine 4 was a good choice for them and recent PC configs ... but with a weaker one ( I5 4670k - GTX1060 6GO - RAM 8 GO ) it's a real pain to get something decent with not any problem.
ACC seems to be promising .... but without a better optimization, it'll be difficult to really enjoy it.

Upgrading PC should cost too much for the moment: new motherboard, I7 CPU, new Nvidia GPU, 16 GO Ram and surely a new power supply necessary..... and keeping in mind that they will be meant to last a few years.
You could always source a used i7 4790k and sell the i5 to help fund it?
8GB ram is plenty, I have it and I don't think it ever goes above 5GB although I'll have to check that.
As above, I don't have a bleeding edge, high spec rig but I'm managing to enjoy it with some compromises...
Saying that, I don't know what resolution you're running. If it's 1080p then I think 60fps should be doable with a few settings turned down. :thumbsup:
After all, your card and CPU are not too shabby so should be able to give you a half decent experience.
Trouble is, the tech world keeps moving forward at a serious rate. And those that have the funds can just keep updating hardware without having to worry too much. Those of us without the huge wallets need to beg, borrow and hope that we can sell old kit to help fund the newer but not so great kit. ;)

the game doesn't bode well with uncapped framerates and you will see stutter even with very high framerates. Solution to this type of stutter is to enable vsync or use the software RTSS and enable scanline sync.

The other type of stutter happens when your framerate dips bellow that of your monitor hz, if you are not using freesync of gsync.

As I play on a 55" 120hz TV, I always aim for 120fps with RTSS or Vsync enabled. In ACC this is impossible though because in some tracks and some lighting configurations the framerate tanks hard bellow 100fps often. Such is life on a 9900K and 1080ti.

the game doesn't bode well with uncapped framerates and you will see stutter even with very high framerates.

I don't entirely agree. I have a 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM and run ACC smoothly at 2560x1440 with uncapped framerates and no noticeable stutters even with a full grid. Most settings are either epic or high (except mirrors). I can only think that Windows background apps may be causing the problems for some people. Open browsers, in particular, can seriously affect performance. I run a batch file which closes all unnecessary programs before ACC starts.

I don't entirely agree. I have a 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM and run ACC smoothly at 2560x1440 with uncapped framerates and no noticeable stutters even with a full grid. Most settings are either epic or high (except mirrors). I can only think that Windows background apps may be causing the problems for some people. Open browsers, in particular, can seriously affect performance. I run a batch file which closes all unnecessary programs before ACC starts.
Do you run gsync/freesync or anything?

Strange but it seems that the more they are correcting other problems .... the more the optimization seems to suffer from those corrections for lower configs.
Except some crashes, V1.0.1 worked better than after this 1.0.2 .... never had nor stutters before this latest build nor so low fps with the same settings.

what and how do you run a batch file?

what and how do you run a batch file?
General:
A batch file is a text file with windows-commands in there. You know the cmd / command prompt? Everything you do there can be "pre-written" into a text file.
Then you rename it from ".txt" to ".bat" and you can run it.

Example:
Instead of going into the taskbar, clicking on a program, moving the mouse to the x in the right corner, you can also do it the complicated way like:
Creating "task_kill_ACC.txt"
Writing in there: (fantasy writing but the format is like this!)

Taskkill /blubb /blah "Assetto Corsa Competizione.exe" /force /admin

Save as: "task_kill_ACC.bat"

Then you double click it and boom, ACC is killed.

It's useful to kill lot of stuff with just a simple double click or you can use it to autostart programs.
You can also use windows' task scheduler to kill or run programs.

If you are a server host and you run multiple AC1 servers at the same time, they will only show as a black cmd window and they will also stack.
If you want to restart one of them you won't know which would be the correct one so you would click through them all until you luckily hit the right one.

You can write a batch file to kill the AC1 server, copy it into each server folder and simply replace the number.

So killing the correct one will be a matter of a double click instead of searching for the right instance.

Very very handy stuff! I did exactly this with the AC servers for someone who runs up to 40 servers. Not all at the same time but he needed 40 separate instances available.

About this batch file mentioned in here:
- find out which tasks in the taskmanager could be killed without interfering with playing ACC
- find out all services that could be killed

- Write the batch file containing all the tasks and services

- double click it and boom, clean windows :)

To be honest I don't think you would gain a lot though...

Do you run gsync/freesync or anything?

No. For some reason I don't get any screen tearing in ACC so don't even need vsync.

To be honest I don't think you would gain a lot though...

That's probably true for most Windows services but I mainly use the batch file for closing down things like my bowser and email client and starting AntiMicro which I use to map key presses to my wheel buttons. It also starts Steam if it's not already running (I don't have it autostarting with Windows) and then restarts everything for me after I exit ACC.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%