Studio 397 may have been aquired by Motorsport Games

Not sure if this is good or bad...
I really like RF2, but I fear this will push it to much towards esports - which also could be good for those of us that like online racing.
Guess we will have to wait and see :coffee:

Hope Studio297 make Physics, related things, and let every other thing to others, from sounds, to UI and graphics. Because they lack a lot on any videogame skills, and they are the best in the internals simulation.

I think in the short and mid term rF2 will probably advance as it has been this past few months as MSG seems focused on getting a NASCAR game to market. In the long term I think they, as in MSG, will be advancing sim/game racing that incorporates esports as well as what we are seeing with Fanatec and GT racing where wannabe racers at home getting involved. How they do that, or what it would include is purely speculative on my part but reading the company profile seems to me the forward thinking is to bring MSG to a level some have only imagined.
I am not aware of any publicly traded company that sole product is racing sim/games and esports that are associated with them. This is big news as the possibilities are what you can dream up.

Better funding for S397 would be nice. They have a relationship from the Le Mans race as well. They would fit together.

I am just very skeptical to Motorsport Games and simulations seeing how the NASCAR-games are basically the same game again and again, and is rather... Meh to drive.
I am also unfamiliar with Motorsport Games other than the fact Fernando Alonso is part owner.
In their press release they also mentioned they intend to use RF2 tech on their other games, so maybe those meh games will improve too.

If you want to see it positive: they get more money, can hire more people to improve RF2 and perhaps make it more accessible than it is right now.

I don't use RF2 often but it can shine in some moments (Sebring, Portland with the right car for example).

If you want to be pessimistic: all the sim aspects might be dialed down in the future tocater to a wider audience.

We'll see in some months or years.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back