rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 @ Silverstone - Sat 25Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I guess I did something bad to @alexSchmurtz today :roflmao: first contact at the start, then car stoped in the mid of the track lol
I kinda put my eyes down for half a second to check something and when looked back at the track you were there, no time to dodge, the othe proto ahead of me didn't help either :D
This car is fun around high speed corners like these, did a very stupid mistake at the S, never spun braking there at all and today I did it twice, one in race :redface:

Been struggling with this car + track in VEC practice, but it clicked this evening. Fun race trying to make the alternate strategy (run light, stop exactly at half distance, run mediums) work, but very lucky that after stupidly throwing the lead away with an unforced braking error, Rickard must have got his fuel calculations wrong or received a penalty.

I guess I did something bad to @alexSchmurtz today :roflmao: first contact at the start, then car stoped in the mid of the track lol
I will never apologize strongly enough Will! :x3: Of course you never did anything wrong to me, I'm the only faulty one!

I thought I was careful at the start but I just T-boned you in the first corner, doing just what we keep repeating not to do…:redface: And I just watched my replay, I didn't realized it was you again when I spun! I was stuck in the middle, with a bunch of cars coming right in front of me. Not moving and wait for a clean track seemed the safest…

Simply a race to forget for me...:O_o:

Worrying to see you got such pace Ferrie ;)

Went better then expected for not doing an online race in months but then I didn´t have to do any real racing with Ferrie pulling away and then Rickard doing the same after going out in the gravel with some wheels in T4. Crashed my team mate in the pits after some stressful adding of fuel as it seemed I didn´t have enough. Hopefully he won´t put in a protest.

I will never apologize strongly enough Will! :x3: Of course you never did anything wrong to me, I'm the only faulty one!

I thought I was careful at the start but I just T-boned you in the first corner, doing just what we keep repeating not to do…:redface: And I just watched my replay, I didn't realized it was you again when I spun! I was stuck in the middle, with a bunch of cars coming right in front of me. Not moving and wait for a clean track seemed the safest…

Simply a race to forget for me...:O_o:
No problems mate. If there was not 2 cars side by side we'd not crash, I looked ahead and just saw them, looked back to the car lcd quickly and when put my eyes on track again I noticed something looked different :D but too late lol

Guys, was there some kind of DRS or tuning menu setting that I didn't know of? While I was OK in the corners, I saw people blitzing past me on the straights. Pretty sure it wasn't the sleep stream or the engine mix as i was using mix 4 and people weren't even tailing me for slip stream.

They probably had less downforce than you, Silverstone is a track where both high or low df can work. See some Porsche x Audi battles in real life at this track for example.
You need to be very aggressive for high downforce to work tho, if you aren't an alien I would not recommend it. I was using more like medium df but should have gone for low instead
High df would make more sense in an actual multiclass race anyway, not in a single class event IMO

OK. I dont remember what df package i was using, maybe it was the highest df one. Another reason for this could be me shifting before the orange LED zone of rpm, which is a carry over from driving in FSR. But I guess for these P2s, you need to be close to red zone for max torque?

@Will Mazeo "I was using more like medium df but should have gone for low instead
High df would make more sense in an actual multiclass race anyway, not in a single class event IMO" And the reason would be?

I believe the default aero pack is the high downforce one, but either way, I was running the one with the most grip but as someone else implied you had to be very aggressive/confident to make the most of it. Also on Mix 4 all race with a middling rear wing setting.

I personally couldn't stand low df at Silverstone.

Edit: I also found the slipstream effect to be quite noticeable, but that might have been down to my high drag

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%