rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Watkins Glen - Fri 28Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me up, GTE!
Any plans to split the qualifying for the 2 classes, like for example 2x10 min.
I predict the lmp cars to be 12+ sec faster on a lap, not something you can plan without having real time gaps.

Sign me up please...
LMP2
And two questions:
If I use a custom skin will it be seen by everybody else?
Are we gonna drive into the dawn or dark?
I read at steam that performance in the dark at that track isn't so good.
Looks like we race into the night yes. Everyone will see the skin, but downloads can be disabled in the options menu.

Sign me up please...
LMP2
I have added you to the list! :thumbsup:

If I use a custom skin will it be seen by everybody else?
Yes, if you use a custom livery then other drivers will be able to see it.

Are we gonna drive into the dawn or dark?
The race shall start at 15:00 in-game time, and we shall be driving into the dark.

I read at steam that performance in the dark at that track isn't so good.
I would recommend testing and checking the performance when driving at night, either offline or on the server (which is already configured so that time progresses at 5 times the normal rate, so you should be able to get an idea of what performance will be like at dusk and when it is dark). The description for the track in the Steam Workshop states that "starting a track with night lighting with a full starting field" requires a high-performance PC - this should not be an issue for us since the race will be starting in daylight, and cars will have dispersed as we reach the closing stages of the race which is when it will become dark.

Last edited:
Sign me up, GTE!
You're on the list! ;)

Any plans to split the qualifying for the 2 classes, like for example 2x10 min.
I predict the lmp cars to be 12+ sec faster on a lap, not something you can plan without having real time gaps.
I was not planning to split the qualifying session for the two classes, but I will be more than happy to do so if others are also happy with this decision. :thumbsup: The GTE cars can qualify first, during the opening 10 minutes of the session, before the LMP2 cars take to the track for the final 10 minutes. I shall instruct drivers over TeamSpeak and also via the in-game chat-box, to let them know when they can leave their garages and also when they must enter the pits.

Little noob help required:
Are you experienced guys are going for a tyre change with the GTEs? :)
Race is 90 min/52~ laps, 1x tank in qualy mode = 57min
No idea how the tires behave towards the end, tire indicator should show around 22 grip points/100start after 90 min (-1.5 a lap on soft)
Update: taking tires only adds 1 sec to the stop, so everyone will take tires.

For everyone spinning into the infield/ cutting the chicane will give you an instant 30 sec stop/go penalty during the race ... even if you slow down.

Last edited:
hello, unfortunately i won't be ablçe to take part on the race. I will have to take care of some bussiness before the race and i'm not sure if i will make it home in time :cry:
sorry guys,have to withdraw to this one :/
I am sorry to hear that you guys will not be able to join us this evening. However, I hope that we will see you again next week! :rolleyes: I shall remove you both from the list.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back