rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Sao Paulo - Fri 30Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
*IMPORTANT* PLEASE READ THIS.

We had some lagging and warping issues last night. After some investigation, I've decided to advise everyone to check their in game internet speed settings.
To do this, start the game and join a server, but do not go past the car selection page. In the car selection page, click the back button, then select internet options. In internet options, please set your game to 512Kbps upload and 1Mbps (1000Kbps) download.
See HERE post #47 for more info.
Thanks
Well, I was going on the best available info, when I posted this ^ message ^. I then increased my Up/downstream settings (as described) to 512Kbps/512Kbps (my internet speed is 12/1Mbps) and tested on the RD server for last night's race. There were 3 of us on the server, for well over an hour. Buster was on and he also had increased his settings. We even added ~15 AI to the server to simulate race conditions and to test our connections. Everything worked without problems, for Buster and myself (there were a few glitches with VR for the other guy).

Last evening, when I joined the server, everything seemed normal. I did a few laps, but then was busy with admin stuff. As more people joined the server, I began to notice the sound becoming "jittery". When I took a look at other cars, the were flickering, warping, jumping/sliding around the track, disappearing - you get the idea (the replay is hilarious). It turned out that Buster was getting the same problems.

So I left the server and reset my Up/down speeds (in internet settings) to default (256/256) and.... couldn't rejoin because an rF2 update had just dropped. So, I took several deep breaths and reverted to the earlier build, rejoined and..... TA DAH! the problems had gone and I was able to race. Craig reverted to default setting and his problems also were solved.

OK, this is a super long post, sorry. But I felt it important to clarify the situation. It looks, to me, like +highprio command is safe and it seems to help for many people. If you experience warping, I advise you to try it.

Unless you are experiencing lag problems, it may not be advisable to change the up/downstream speeds in internet settings. If you have lag problems, try it, but be prepared to revert back to default if you get crazy, gippy, flickery, laggy nonsense on a busy server.

Interesting ... pretty oposite findings of what we spoke. What are your PC specs as this may also influence performance and help us compare? @Denis Betty do you reboot/restart server before race? Many joins and leaves influences performance ... imho, it makes sense to do it just in case.

However, yesterday's race I experienced something I have never before on any server with double the drivers, around 40. I did not change any setting at all. Looks like it is somehow server or server settings related. My PC froze for almost a second when people left race. I had this 4 times. One time I hit someone from back, don't know who because I haven't managed to check the replay yet but hope he didn't suffer any damage. I got unsportsman driving notification. I apologize.

But the overall race was really great. Because of freezes I lost 2 positions, on every unfreeze follower was in front of me, luckily there was no incident.
Maciej was really on my back almost half the race, I was saving fuel, guess he did too because last 7-10 minutes he started pushing and got closer. I saved enough and was also able to increase the tempo. @Maciej Bekas , I don't know what happened at T1? Did you missed breaking point, it looked like it, or I surprised you with my braking? How unfortunate, it would have been fun until the end ...

Congrats to all and thanks Denis for organizing ;)

Last edited:
i5 4690K OC to 4.5GHz, 16GbDDR3, GTX1080, M.2 SSD (for Windows - PCIe but only 2.0), HDD (Steam Library), Asus Z97-P MOBO. But like I said above, I have a telephone line based broadband internet (with a router) which gives me (according to Ookla speed test) 10 to 12 meg DL and around 1 meg up.

Sorry, I can't say who we were hearing. We definitely could here paddle shifts all race long, but I have no overlay giving me names so I have no clue who it was… I would tend to think it was from someone not using any push to talk button.

Thanks for the opinion @alexSchmurtz . Yeah I tested rF2 with Team Speak running this evening with exactly the same PC (including audio) setup as I’ve used during the race. Still have no idea why I could be me though. It looks like you’re racing tonight @Martin Fiala, so you could check if the noise is from my side or not.
Cheers.

Edit: Brain doesn’t work as it’s supposed to sometimes and especially when it’s 4am. I might’ve done something wrong with the audio and just don’t remember what. If that’s the case it’s my bad, Martin. We’ll find out later today.

Last edited:
@BloodySalmonMan BTW, I realized too late I probably should've just sent you a message about this (or better yet, mention something during the race, but that's...complicated...), not mention you like this in public, especially since I'm not sure it was you. Didn't occur to me at the time and there wasn't any ill intent, the idea was just to let you know there might've been an issue on your side (or not), but I still apologize.

Thanks for the opinion @alexSchmurtz . Yeah I tested rF2 with Team Speak running this evening with exactly the same PC (including audio) setup as I’ve used during the race. Still have no idea why I could be me though. It looks like you’re racing tonight @Martin Fiala, so you could check if the noise is from my side or not.
Cheers.

Edit: Brain doesn’t work as it’s supposed to sometimes and especially when it’s 4am. I might’ve done something wrong with the audio and just don’t remember what. If that’s the case it’s my bad, Martin. We’ll find out later today.
When I had to force quit the game, I checked TS and the gear shift clicks were corresponding with blue flashes against your name, so yeah probably worth fiddling with the settings. Could have been worse though, at least it was just the wheel sounds we could hear :roflmao:
Congrats for being able to drive at all at 4am, let alone so competitively! :)

@BloodySalmonMan BTW, I realized too late I probably should've just sent you a message about this (or better yet, mention something during the race, but that's...complicated...), not mention you like this in public, especially since I'm not sure it was you. Didn't occur to me at the time and there wasn't any ill intent, the idea was just to let you know there might've been an issue on your side (or not), but I still apologize.
Yeah I agree. Feel free to let me know when you think there’s something from my side, I don’t want to annoy others anyway. It was after the race this time but thanks for reminding me this, I appreciate it mate.
And yeah I just woke up.... I missed USF2000 event sorry.

When I had to force quit the game, I checked TS and the gear shift clicks were corresponding with blue flashes against your name, so yeah probably worth fiddling with the settings. Could have been worse though, at least it was just the wheel sounds we could hear :roflmao:
Congrats for being able to drive at all at 4am, let alone so competitively! :)
Ah that sounds like it’s a bad news then.. My paddle might be assigned as Talk to Push button too (several buttons are available for one action on TS)
I shall double check not to have this problem again. And yeah it could’ve been worse. Glad I didn’t moan last night:laugh:
Cheers @RainhamIron . It was unfortunate for you this time:( Hope we all have some more fun next time!

AAAAhhh!!!! Sorry for making this thread endless but I found the cause of the issue. I somehow made two profiles for Capture and accidentally selected the wrong one in which no buttons are mapped, thus voice activation is the prioritised. I’m so sorry for letting guys hear all the shifting sound:(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%