rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Sao Paulo - Fri 30Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Maciej Strzeboński, it was Windows defender who caused problems on my PC. It was scanning rF2 while playing and I was getting lag/wrap/stutter ... don't know what would be best thing to call it.
When I shut defender down it was smooth again. I then swtiched to other free AV and now have no similar problems ... Making exception for steam and rF2 is good recommendation by Jonatan

Last edited:
Wow that's really effin frustrating. Race was going really well until boom - the oculus crashed. I had no idea where I was visually but felt some kind of contact through the ffb so hopefully this didn't compromise anyone else's race too much :redface:

Otherwise that was a fun combo, thanks as always to the staffies for hosting.
Me? Guess it's back to tech troubleshooting...:poop:

Wow that's really effin frustrating. Race was going really well until boom - the oculus crashed. I had no idea where I was visually but felt some kind of contact through the ffb so hopefully this didn't compromise anyone else's race too much :redface:

Otherwise that was a fun combo, thanks as always to the staffies for hosting.
Me? Guess it's back to tech troubleshooting...:poop:

I didn't quite managed to avoid you since you were slowly rollin across the track i think. :(

At the time i was angry but its ok now. It's still club racing, so results doesn,t matter :)

While saving fuel i've tried to keep up with you while keeping someone behind me and i was betting on later part of the race. Too bad you had a problem which caused an incident. Hope till next time you fix this and let's see if there is any battles waiting for us. ;)

Otherwise i got podium at least and some interesting racing so the evening did not go in vain. :D

I didn't quite managed to avoid you since you were slowly rollin across the track i think. :(

At the time i was angry but its ok now. It's still club racing, so results doesn,t matter :)

While saving fuel i've tried to keep up with you while keeping someone behind me and i was betting on later part of the race. Too bad you had a problem which caused an incident. Hope till next time you fix this and let's see if there is any battles waiting for us. ;)

Otherwise i got podium at least and some interesting racing so the evening did not go in vain. :D
Oh crap :(
Since I had to force quit my game due to the crash, I had no clue how it all happened as my replay was messed up (just had a .tmp file). I've just seen someone else's replay file though and well.....:poop::poop::poop: happened!

Really sorry there for what ended up being a proper pile up. Such a shame - as you say until that point it had been a very interesting race. After trying to basically do qualy laps at the start to build a gap, I was also heavily into fuel and tyre saving mode by the time the crash happened and was for the most part just managing to maintain the gap. Sometimes I'd see you gain time so I'd speed up a bit knowing my tyres wouldn't enjoy it, and then I'd settle down again to more of a normal race pace to try and maintain that 3-4 second gap. This was the first race where I felt somewhat in control of the tyres and fuel and was really looking forward to seeing how things panned out from there until the end. Great fun while it lasted in any case, and after seeing the incident, congrats on managing to rescue a podium!! Seems we were glued together for a while against the armco.

Likewise, definitely looking forward to some more battles like this. As I mentioned to Denis though I probably won't be signing up for more rF2 races until I can get this problem sorted. Me going out was a pain in the ass, but taking others with me and affecting your race really sucked - I don't want this to happen again if I can help it.
Hopefully catch you again soon. In the meantime though...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
@BloodySalmonMan Well, I know I heard a lot of noise coming from you during the formation lap (only during the formation lap, not during qualification or practice) so I finally decided to quickly alt-tab out of the game and mute you at the very end of the lap (and successfully managed to do so), and then later people were complaining about noise coming from someone on TS and I didn't hear anything apart from the complaints, and I don't think I have anyone else muted, I rarely do that. So I just assumed it might've been from you as well, but I was obviously not 100 % certain, which is part of the reason why I only mentioned it here after the race.

@BloodySalmonMan Well, I know I heard a lot of noise coming from you during the formation lap (only during the formation lap, not during qualification or practice) so I finally decided to quickly alt-tab out of the game and mute you at the very end of the lap (and successfully managed to do so), and then later people were complaining about noise coming from someone on TS and I didn't hear anything apart from the complaints, and I don't think I have anyone else muted, I rarely do that. So I just assumed it might've been from you as well, but I was obviously not 100 % certain, which is part of the reason why I only mentioned it here after the race.

Hmmm... I’ve never used TS without Push to Talk and never had such issues too for me since I also put TS notifier overlay on my screen so I’d know when I’m talking as well. Perhaps I might’ve pushed the Talk button wrongly a couple of times though.
@alexSchmurtz might have the idea for that since I've talked to him duing the race.
If perhaps it was my fault then sorry. But I seriously dont have any clue why this sort of things happen from my side because as i said, I've not changed audio setup for more than 6 months or so and there must have been other people complaining to me if I've had such a problem.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years